Sponsored

CarPlay compatability issue with Uconnect app update?

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Weird deal, but thought I'd share in case anyone else might be having this issue.

I've never had the slightest problem with my CarPlay working. I just plug in the phone and it all pops up. Until yesterday afternoon.

I'm at my son's Hockey game and couldn't remember if I'd locked my truck, so I opened the Uconnect app to send the lock command just in case. The app tells me I need to update to the latest version to be able to use it, so I update, then I send the lock command. No problems so far. No other changes to any of my apps or settings were made.

Then after the game, I get in the truck, plug in the phone like I always do and CarPlay doesn't pop up. It's nowhere to be found. Thought it was strange, but figured it was just a quirk and would work itself out next time I start the truck. The next 2 times, same thing, no CarPlay. So, I reboot the phone, thinking maybe it just needed to reset after the app update. That didn't fix it either.

Now I'm on a mission to figure it out. I delete the Uconnect app from the phone, try again, and still no CarPlay. I reboot the phone again, so it can fully clear out any remnants of the Uconnect install, plug it back in and BOOM, CarPlay is back. So, I can only assume that the latest update to the Uconnect app has some sort of conflict with CarPlay.

Anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored

Last edited:

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
The Uconnect app shouldn’t interfere with CarPlay as they don’t use the CarPlay API something else is going on.

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
The Uconnect app shouldn’t interfere with CarPlay as they don’t use the CarPlay API something else is going on.
I didn’t think so either. Really strange. I’m going to reinstall Uconnext today and see if it recreates the issue.

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Let me know how it goes
I re-installed the Uconnect app this evening and had no ill effects on my Carplay, so whatever incompatibility or conflict I had the other night, it's been remedied.

Sponsored

Genoa Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave 2021 Jaguar F Type 2018 Range Rover
Occupation
Self Employed
Nothing more frustrating than a gremlin! I have a Jaguar and a Range Rover, both of which have Apple CarPlay. It is a constant battle getting them to perform. As such, when I read your thread I was thinking "please, not another vehicle with an infotainment issue!"

Good to hear it's solved...

OP
OP
#HuckleberryJeep

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Nothing more frustrating than a gremlin! I have a Jaguar and a Range Rover, both of which have Apple CarPlay. It is a constant battle getting them to perform. As such, when I read your thread I was thinking "please, not another vehicle with an infotainment issue!"

Good to hear it's solved...
I'm with ya. I just want the tech to work. I will say, this is my 2nd JT and this is the first time I've ever had a problem, so hopefully it was a 1-off

Pakdoc

First Name
Emery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Dentist
Hmmm, my Carplay got intermittent today & thought it was just a bad cord. Now the phone shows up, charges but Carplay is GONE completely. I’ve had this 2020 (June build) for 3 weeks. Will try the UConnect delete reinstall & post. Thanks

Pakdoc

First Name
Emery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Dentist
Well, deleted UConnect. Rebooted iPhone & now, everything back to normal! Will re-install UConnect & see after that.
Sponsored