Uconnect update issues and carplay

dirtlimo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
Not a volume issue here, a connectivity issue.

IMG_4123.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg
Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
As mentioned before- check the volume on the uconnect before going to the dealership. I couldn't hear calls, text or nav directions after the update UNTIL I discovered it was just the volume reset to zero. Turn the volume up during texts and calls and when your nav is directing you. This fixed my issues.
interesting. I just checked again this morning and the volume was the issue. No idea why that didnā€™t resolve it a few days ago.

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
"After the download of the software update on the radio, I no longer have phone calls (send or receive) come through the vehicle speakers. Everything was fine before."

Will the dealer, in order to diagnose the above problem, have to access the OBD ll port and, through that, the ECU? I don't want my ECU touched.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
"After the download of the software update on the radio, I no longer have phone calls (send or receive) come through the vehicle speakers. Everything was fine before."

Will the dealer, in order to diagnose the above problem, have to access the OBD ll port and, through that, the ECU? I don't want my ECU touched.
I would think this repair will be done through the ODB port. Try the volume before you go to the dealer though. Mine didnā€™t seem to resolve at first but when I tried again the issue really was the volume.

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Phljeeper: I will play around with it some more, but, when my iPhone is connected via USB cable to the dash (or through the center arm rest console -- it does not make any difference), carplay does work in all respects except...when making a carplay phone call the carplay speaker option mostly does not appear as an option on the iPhone screen (no car speaker option) or, if it is there, the icon is only partly loaded and when selected on the iPhone the option does not work.

Now, this is a downside of making major mods to our JTs -- my JT has a Magnuson supercharger installed (which is great) but, I can't have anyone fiddling with the tuned ECU. That is why I asked the question.

I am inclined to cancel my appointment with the dealership (regarding the carplay issue) and just wait to see if they push down another, improved, Uconnect software update over the air.

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Phljeeper: I will play around with it some more, but, when my iPhone is connected via USB cable to the dash (or through the center arm rest console -- it does not make any difference), carplay does work in all respects except...when making a carplay phone call the carplay speaker option mostly does not appear as an option on the iPhone screen (no car speaker option) or, if it is there, the icon is only partly loaded and when selected on the iPhone the option does not work.

Now, this is a downside of making major mods to our JTs -- my JT has a Magnuson supercharger installed (which is great) but, I can't have anyone fiddling with the tuned ECU. That is why I asked the question.

I am inclined to cancel my appointment with the dealership (regarding the carplay issue) and just wait to see if they push down another, improved, Uconnect software update over the air.
my issue was identical and I lost the option on my iPhone for CarPlay and just had iPhone and speaker which is different from what it was before the update. However once I placed a call and while on the call increased the volume it did start working.

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I will try that today...

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

We recommend having your dealer look into this for you. If you would like any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message and we'll be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'm having the exact same issue. No problem before the OTA 8.4 screen software update.
#JeepCares
Took my Gladiator to the dealer for the 8.4ā€ display recall and that resolved my CarPlay issue.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I had the same problem. Thanks to the advice on here, I check and my volume was at zero. I haven't tried to make a phone call yet, so hopefully that fixed it but it definitely was not giving me my turn by turn volume for directions. I didn't even realize that was muted.

I swear my back up camera view is crooked now though. I can't back up straight into parking spots anymore if I try to use the back up camera for guidance. It worked great before the update.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I had the same problem. Thanks to the advice on here, I check and my volume was at zero. I haven't tried to make a phone call yet, so hopefully that fixed it but it definitely was not giving me my turn by turn volume for directions. I didn't even realize that was muted.

I swear my back up camera view is crooked now though. I can't back up straight into parking spots anymore if I try to use the back up camera for guidance. It worked great before the update.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

K9MC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD 2020 Gladiator Rubicon after 2 yrs
I received the on screen notice today that it needed to update....I scheduled it to execute a couple of hours ago....now I have a blank screen and nothing more....is there a trick to wake it up?

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Maybe press the screen button on the dash a couple times?

I updated mine too, donā€™t know what updates were included, does anyone know where I can find this info? Or a page that regularly has this info on updates?

K9MC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD 2020 Gladiator Rubicon after 2 yrs
Maybe press the screen button on the dash a couple times?

I updated mine too, donā€™t know what updates were included, does anyone know where I can find this info? Or a page that regularly has this info on updates?
Yeah, did that and more.....still nothing. No visible display at all and no radio. Guess I'll visit the local dealer in the AM.
Sponsored