Center Console: Dropped Credit Card in through E-Brake Slot

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
So I stopped to get a snack on the way home and I managed to drop my credit card. It was perfectly aligned to fall right into the center console, to the right of the e-brake. 😑

That’s maybe a 1/8” slot. There’s not clearance to attempt to fish it out from the top. If there wasn’t a chance of the card lodging in there somewhere and preventing operation of the hand brake, I’d just order a new card and not bother going after it.

Is there a way to get at that by removing a minimal amount of panels? I’d rather not end up with broken tabs and misaligned interior panels. Thoughts?

Edit: I can see the card. It’s to the right of the brake. I think I can dig it out with long needle nose pliers if I can get the boot off behind the brake.

Apparently I’m not the only person this has happened to. 🤣

Edit 2: I was able to fish it out with a zip-tie with a piece of duct tape on the end to grab the card. 🍻
Sponsored

Last edited:

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
That sucks! Can you post a pic of where it fell into? Wanna make sure I stay away from that deal lol

Sponsored

Advntrbound

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
4 bolts to remove your seats, 4 more to remove the console.

OP
OP
Barnaby’sdad

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Straightened paper clip with some sticky tape or bubblegum on the end??
No shit. This worked on the first attempt. 🤣 I did not think that would work.🍻

Piece of duct tape on a wide zip-tie.

Jeep Gladiator Center Console: Dropped Credit Card in through E-Brake Slot 6B186EA1-4B97-4978-B5EE-68B5CA9680E1

Got these after dropping a key beside the drivers seat. 16” long and $15 on Amazon

0B40E045-0B26-433D-8BFA-B2CDE32B4C33.png
That was the first thing I tried. I have a similar pair in my garage. I wasn’t able to get an angle on the card to grab it.

I also have very long needle nose pliers. Straight jaw and a bent jaw version. Those were too wide to get in there.

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Apologies for the filthy picture. It dropped ~2’ and basically slid right down the e-brake into that hole. 🤣

Jeep Gladiator Center Console: Dropped Credit Card in through E-Brake Slot 6B186EA1-4B97-4978-B5EE-68B5CA9680E1

Thanks! I never really noticed that before but I can sure se how it could eat a card but man, what’s the odds of it landing in there? I think you should go get you some lottery tickets!

Sponsored

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
My key managed to fall and get pushed up under there.

I was able to get it by unscrewing the back of the console, allowing it to lift up just enough to get my arm in there to grab. I’d think you could reach a card there. Was easier than I had prepared for.

success my depend on size of arm and had though:LOL:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So I stopped to get a snack on the way home and I managed to drop my credit card. It was perfectly aligned to fall right into the center console, to the right of the e-brake. 😑

That’s maybe a 1/8” slot. There’s not clearance to attempt to fish it out from the top. If there wasn’t a chance of the card lodging in there somewhere and preventing operation of the hand brake, I’d just order a new card and not bother going after it.

Is there a way to get at that by removing a minimal amount of panels? I’d rather not end up with broken tabs and misaligned interior panels. Thoughts?

Edit: I can see the card. It’s to the right of the brake. I think I can dig it out with long needle nose pliers if I can get the boot off behind the brake.

Apparently I’m not the only person this has happened to. 🤣

Edit 2: I was able to fish it out with a zip-tie with a piece of duct tape on the end to grab the card. 🍻
Another one, https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bank-card-dropped-into-e-brake.34698/