Sponsored

Check Engine Light

DTrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Maybe tell my case manager to return the calls?
Let me know if you receive a call. I've yet to receive one. I initiate all follow-up via a call with my case number. Dealership has had my truck on 3 occasions totaling 12 days and counting since owning for less than a month. ESS/CEL lights.
Sponsored

Gladiador

First Name
Edmundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales consultant
Let me know if you receive a call. I've yet to receive one. I initiate all follow-up via a call with my case number. Dealership has had my truck on 3 occasions totaling 12 days and counting since owning for less than a month. ESS/CEL lights.
What state do you live in?
Here in NC has to be 4 times in the shop or at least a total of 20 days

Gladiador

First Name
Edmundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales consultant
Pretty similar to what I'm going through. 11 days and counting since I bought it on May 20th, 2 times in the shop and with the service advisor openly telling me what I already knew. There isn't a fix for this. Plus I dont want to take back a truck that has been tore apart and put back together like that.

DTrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Update on Gladiator ongoing issues....After numerous calls seeking an update with my @jeep cares case manager, I finally received a generic email stating, my truck does NOT warrant a buyback at this time. Inquired as to what criteria needs to be met. No response. FCA prefers I work with the dealer on a trade. Not surprising, but am not willing to take a bath on the $'s. Dealer is escalating to regional rep, but am not holding high hopes. I've tried to avoid seeking legal representation, but it appears all parties force that option. Will continue to update...

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Maybe tell my case manager to return the calls?
Iā€™ve had my Gladiator for one week, Started it up to come to work this morning and the check engine light is on. Checked gas cap of course it was on tight, schedule with the dealer tomorrow.
Hi @Gladiador
I would be happy to connect you. Please send me a private message with your VIN so that I may assist.

@gorams05
We certainly regret hearing this. If you find that you need additional support during your servicing visit, please send our team a private message. We would be happy to open a case on your behalf.

Kathryn
JeepCares

WVWAHOO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired teacher/coach
Just got my Gladiator back after 2 wks in the shop. With only 5000 miles on it the check engine light kept coming on. This is what was wrong:

(IndicatorWarning Lights - Check engine light on)
TECHNICIAN FOUND THE MAP SENSOR AND PCM NEEDED REPLACED.
AFTER TEST DRIVING TECHNICIAN ALSO FOUND THAT THE LEFT
INTAKE PHASER, OIL CONTROL VALVE, AND BOTH FRONT AND REAR
LEFT SIDE VVL SOLENOIDS NEED REPLACED.
REPLACED MAP SENSOR, PCM, INTAKE PHASER, OIL CONTROL
VALVE, BOTH FRONT AND REAR LEFT SIDE VVL SOLENOIDS.
PARTS------QTY---FP-NUMBER---------------DESCRIPTION--------------------UNIT PRICE-
JOB # 1 1 68371847-AA SENSOR MA 08037155 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 1 68434927-AA MODULE EN 08035027 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 1 5047901-AC SOLENOID 08059043 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 1 5047785-AE EX PHASER 09008005 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 1 5047787-AC SOLENOID 08059043 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 1 4893805-AB GASKET CY 09001004 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 1 5184772-AB SEAL CAMS 09011001 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 1 5047897-AC SOLENOID 08059043 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 1 5047788-AD SPROCKET 09017005 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 1 82300234-AC SEALER NO 01081003 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 6 68217514-AB GASKET PL 09001004 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 2 4893806-AB SEAL NONE 09011001 WARRANTY
JOB # 1 TOTAL PARTS 0.00
JOB # 1 TOTAL LABOR & PARTS 0.0
After owning 4 Jeeps I have a concern about the quality of this vehicle.

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;
My gladiator has 1,100 miles. To visits to dealer with ESS on cold start and check engine light. Both times, code reader reported multiple engine misfire code P0300. Called Jeep Cares. They spoke to service advisor yesterday. Today, service advisor that Jeep is working on a software update to address the issue. So, hopefully it is just a software issue and fix will be available soon.

my Rubicon build date is Fed 2020. Took delivery May 14 with 20 miles on odometer, Several ESS needs service warnings on first cold start in AM. Resets after restart. Then check engine light come on twice in 2 week intervals, always on first cold start in am.

Gsworld12

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator, Porsche macan s, Ford Explorer, Ferrari F430 spider
I have now had my Gladiator just over 1 week and today the check engine light came on. Called the dealership and they stated it would be 4-5 business days just for them to look at it. They also said that Jeep currently does not have any computer updates and if the engine was running fine I should keep driving it and bring it into the dealership in a couple of months after they get the new updates.

Has anyone else had their check engine light come on already?

What are your thoughts on the what the dealer told me?
Same happened to mine multiple misfires they were going to rebuild top half of engine... then wanted to change the engine and now said there will be a permanent fix coming out. jeep rep told him not to fix anything right now so apparently Iā€™m getting the car back tomorrow and can just drive it until something worse happens... or the perm fix comes. must be a recall coming soon probably update engine. I think they had some quality issues with a batch of engines.
400 miles on mine.. talking with rep tomorrow.

Sponsored

gorams05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Hi @Gladiador
I would be happy to connect you. Please send me a private message with your VIN so that I may assist.

@gorams05
We certainly regret hearing this. If you find that you need additional support during your servicing visit, please send our team a private message. We would be happy to open a case on your behalf.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Dealer took great care of me, seems check engine light was related to gas cap. Love my gladiator.

Gsworld12

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator, Porsche macan s, Ford Explorer, Ferrari F430 spider
Same happened to mine multiple misfires they were going to rebuild top half of engine... then wanted to change the engine and now said there will be a permanent fix coming out. jeep rep told him not to fix anything right now so apparently Iā€™m getting the car back tomorrow and can just drive it until something worse happens... or the perm fix comes. must be a recall coming soon probably update engine. I think they had some quality issues with a batch of engines.
400 miles on mine.. talking with rep tomorrow When I pick up the Jeep. Letā€™s see.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Dealer took great care of me, seems check engine light was related to gas cap. Love my gladiator.
We are certainly happy to hear that there was a simple resolution. In the future, please note that our team would be happy to assist you with any concerns you may have regarding your vehicle.

Kathryn
JeepCares

John P.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Program Manager
Bought my Gladiator in July. It's been in for service for the engine light and start/stop issue 3 times so far. First time for 2 days, 3 days the second time, and now for a week and a half. Just got a text from the dealer stating "engineering is having the tech replace several lash adjusters and some internal cylinder components. Parts on order but don't expect arrival for a few days." I'll post the results of the repairs.

On Friday I was notified by the dealer that engineering instructed the dealer to put a completely new engine in my truck. Dealer ordered the new engine the same day and they expect to have all work completed this coming Thursday. Certainly points to some number of defective engines. A recall may be coming. I'll post the results of performance of the truck with the new engine. Looks like a recall may be coming.......

Just got my truck back after 3 weeks. I was told that the engine light and start/stop issues are related to engine block casting flaws that affect oil flow through the engine. I'll continue to report engine performance and advise of any more issues.

Last edited:

Ladymaximus

First Name
Mona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self employed
The light is steady and everything is running just fine. Would never know there was an issue without the light. I tried auto zone tonight and they were unable to provide any info.
I have 5000 miles on mine. The check engine light came on at around 2000 miles. They said it was the thermostat, although according to the gauges it has never overheated. So they changed the thermostat and 3 days later it came back on. They reprogrammed the computer, said there was an update. The light came back. I have had my jeep in about ten times because of this. It's at the dealership now. The dealership has been good about getting me right in and providing a rental (free of charge) but this is very frustrating and a real pain it the tukas! Anyone have the thermostat code problem?
Sponsored