Check Engine Light

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I had the thermostat code, scanned it myself and online description said the code meant the engine wasn't warming up to temp fast enough. Ended up being a bad tstat that was possibly not closing all the way. Dealer replaced it and no CEL since.
Sponsored

JTMojaveTN

First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Hey guys I am new to the threads and this is my first jeep. I have a 2020 Mojave that just rolled 1000 miles. My check engine light came on yesterday, checked my gas cap and it was on tight, so I made an appointment with my dealer. This afternoon the light is gone. Any ideas? Will Jeep still be able to see the code it threw now that it's gone? After hearing all the horror stories I was anxious about what the code was. Thanks!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Hey guys I am new to the threads and this is my first jeep. I have a 2020 Mojave that just rolled 1000 miles. My check engine light came on yesterday, checked my gas cap and it was on tight, so I made an appointment with my dealer. This afternoon the light is gone. Any ideas? Will Jeep still be able to see the code it threw now that it's gone? After hearing all the horror stories I was anxious about what the code was. Thanks!
Buy a cheap OBD2 scan tool off Amazon to keep in your glove box to use. It will save you from stabbing guesses off the internet.

Last edited:

GladiGator

First Name
Kiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Add mine to the list. Auto start/stop error followed by check engine light diagnosed as at dealer as P300 code telling me cam shaft issues and misfiring of cylinders. Part order will take 3 weeks!!! They advised me NOT to drive it until problem has been fixed. I have been offered a rental im the mean time.
I think Jeep needs to treat this as a Recall issue.
Sponsored