Sponsored

Check Engine Light

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Does this work on newer models JL & JT? If so, you would need to pop open the actual start button and use the key. I've known about this for older models but did not know it works for newer models.
That does not work on the JL/JT. Given that basic OBDII code readers can be had for like $20 on Amazon and Walmart, it should be the part of any basic vehicle owners kit rather than relying on 20 question guesses from the internet.
Sponsored

Nada

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Retired
That's rich.
Service department said it was a brake code heā€™s never seen. Seems Bill Lukeā€™s Jeep employeeā€™s are clueless- not doing much for my confidence in them. Gave me a loaner and will call in a few days.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Service department said it was a brake code heā€™s never seen. Seems Bill Lukeā€™s Jeep employeeā€™s are clueless- not doing much for my confidence in them. Gave me a loaner and will call in a few days.
Eh, brake and body codes can be weird. When CAN first came out, it was clear Chrysler was creating a code for nearly every fail state possible on vehicles so we saw all kinds of crazy codes that were almost always a module or sensor failure. I can't imagine it's any better 15 years later with more modules and sensors than ever.

Nada

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Retired
what is the cel code, trim & bulilt date is urs?

mine is multiple cylinders miss fire p300 or something, rubicon 12/2019 bulit, remote start.
i suspect if it is trim or option specific.
obviously we all have same engine & auto start/stop crap.
i think auto start/stop is culprit & remote start may also be partly a factor to trigger miss fire while cranking up the engine.

most barebone sports donā€™t have remote start and i havenā€™t seen one having issue.
2020 gladiator sport s build date 12/2019 . Remote start , auto start/stop. Come to think of it light came on after using the remote start for the first time, ran for maybe 10 seconds and shit off

Sponsored

Nada

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Retired
2020 gladiator sport s build date 12/2019 . Remote start , auto start/stop. Come to think of it light came on after using the remote start for the first time, ran for maybe 10 seconds and shit off
Got my gladiator back- it was the brake positioning sensor out of calibration. Lights off running great- fingers crossed

Nada

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Retired
Got my gladiator back- it was the brake positioning sensor out of calibration. Lights off running great- fingers crossed
Back to dealer 350 miles. . Check engine light flashing. At cold start Code p0302 They moved the plug and coil to number 3 position # 2 still miss fire. Theyā€™ve been talking to STAR technicians unable to resolve as of now- itā€™ll be. Tuesday before they can continue diagnostic with STAR technician. Four more days in shop. Iā€™ll keep you informed

Nada

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Retired
Update-Well June 8th and they still have not resolved the misfire on cylinder #2 -

Gladiador

First Name
Edmundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales consultant
I bought a brand new Gladiator on may 22nd, next day I got a check engine light. It went away the third day I had it. The auto start/stop has been going on and off randomly and then after I week I purchased the vehicle, the check engine light came back again. I have a code reader and it said that I had a random misfire. Took it to service and found misfires on cylinder 2,4 and 6. The vehicle stayed there for 48 hours and they fix the misfire. THis morning I started the vehicle and I could tell the idle was off. And I got the check engine light again. :-(
I dropped it at the dealership on my way to work and Im awaiting on updates. Definitely not looking good. Not even 1K miles and having misfires on 3 cylinders.

WVWAHOO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired teacher/coach
I have a 2020 Gladiator with 5,000 miles on it, Driving it the check engine light came on. My neighbor checked it showed showed code 300, cylinder malfunction. It did not say what cylinder. We cleared the light. I drove it another 15 minutes checked engine light returned. I called the dealer and took it in. They have had it one week today and they are not sure what the problem is. They called it a star 5(?) and have a call in the chrysler. Is anyone having this issue?

I should have kept my 2014 JK.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Update-Well June 8th and they still have not resolved the misfire on cylinder #2 -
I bought a brand new Gladiator on may 22nd, next day I got a check engine light. It went away the third day I had it. The auto start/stop has been going on and off randomly and then after I week I purchased the vehicle, the check engine light came back again. I have a code reader and it said that I had a random misfire. Took it to service and found misfires on cylinder 2,4 and 6. The vehicle stayed there for 48 hours and they fix the misfire. THis morning I started the vehicle and I could tell the idle was off. And I got the check engine light again. :-(
I dropped it at the dealership on my way to work and Im awaiting on updates. Definitely not looking good. Not even 1K miles and having misfires on 3 cylinders.
I have a 2020 Gladiator with 5,000 miles on it, Driving it the check engine light came on. My neighbor checked it showed showed code 300, cylinder malfunction. It did not say what cylinder. We cleared the light. I drove it another 15 minutes checked engine light returned. I called the dealer and took it in. They have had it one week today and they are not sure what the problem is. They called it a star 5(?) and have a call in the chrysler. Is anyone having this issue?

I should have kept my 2014 JK.
Hello everyone,
Please know that our team shares the concerns that you are expressing here. Please follow up with us via private message with your VIN so that we may further assist.

Kathryn
JeepCares

WVWAHOO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired teacher/coach
Take it to Auto Zone they will read the system. If it is a cylinder malfunction ask your dealer for a rental to use for all the frustration, you at least deserve that.

It is funny when I picked us my Gladiator on the sales date the Sales manager said to be sure to give them a 10 (excellent rating), on all items on their evaluation on dealerships service.

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING THAT AFFECTS THE JEEPS WARRENITY1

Gladiador

First Name
Edmundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales consultant
Hello everyone,
Please know that our team shares the concerns that you are expressing here. Please follow up with us via private message with your VIN so that we may further assist.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Maybe tell my case manager to return the calls?

gorams05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Iā€™ve had my Gladiator for one week, Started it up to come to work this morning and the check engine light is on. Checked gas cap of course it was on tight, schedule with the dealer tomorrow.

Gladiador

First Name
Edmundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales consultant
Iā€™ve had my Gladiator for one week, Started it up to come to work this morning and the check engine light is on. Checked gas cap of course it was on tight, schedule with the dealer tomorrow.
Best of luck
Sponsored