First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Lineman
Anybody running the Clayton 2.5” lift and Fox 2.0 2-3” shocks. Clayton recommends these shocks but with this setup I’m unable to put my truck on a lift because the shocks are to long and stretch my brake lines. Anything I should have done differently? Pretty disappointed that I spent all this money and can’t even pick my truck up off the ground now.
Sponsored

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody running the Clayton 2.5” lift and Fox 2.0 2-3” shocks. Clayton recommends these shocks but with this setup I’m unable to put my truck on a lift because the shocks are to long and stretch my brake lines. Anything I should have done differently? Pretty disappointed that I spent all this money and can’t even pick my truck up off the ground now.
Same lift, same shocks-- been on the lift every time I rotate tires, change tires etc., have no idea what you're talking about! Call Clayton...

OP
OP

joliver02

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Lineman
Sounds like you just need some extended brake lines
I agree except that so many others are running it without the brake lines which they don’t include in the kit. The shocks allow for so much droop that the springs get loose and could become unseated.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
What makes you think the brake lines are too long? I have been on a lift a bunch of times with the same setup and the shocks aren't an issue.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I went ahead and added extended brake lines for cheap insurance, but with the fox 2.0s for the 2-3 inch lift in the rear those coils are still firmly in place on mine. They're reaching the top of their free length but still not going anywhere.

OP
OP

joliver02

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Lineman
What makes you think the brake lines are too long? I have been on a lift a bunch of times with the same setup and the shocks aren't an issue.
The brake lines are short not long. What makes me think that there is an issue is that if I picked my truck up on a lift it would 100% rip my brake lines.

OP
OP

joliver02

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Lineman
Running this exact setup and have had no issues with this when the truck has been on a lift.
I know a lot of others had. I verified the part #s on my shocks and they match the 2-3” lift. I’m almost thinking that they might have gotten them mislabeled and I’m running a longer shock than what I should be.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The brake lines are short not long. What makes me think that there is an issue is that if I picked my truck up on a lift it would 100% rip my brake lines.
Whoops typo. Too short. You can unbolt the line from the frame for lift usage if you need to. There's a hanger with a 10mm (iirc) in the fender well.

Sponsored

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Hope the OP get the brake lines figured out, but id also not use the shocks as the droop limiter. If you are unseating springs and still have down travel on the shocks im surprised Clayton doesnt have a limit strap or something.

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
Call Clayton. They've always been great to deal with.

Personally I haven't had this issue when jacking up the truck. Did you have control arms and track bar installed as well? Vehicle has been into the dealership a couple of times for the freebie oil changes and tire rotations and no issues there.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I know a lot of others had. I verified the part #s on my shocks and they match the 2-3” lift. I’m almost thinking that they might have gotten them mislabeled and I’m running a longer shock than what I should be.
i know others have had this problem with the 3.5” Clayton lift but not the 2.5” lift.
Sponsored