Sponsored

Fox 2.0 vs 2.5 question...

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Who all has upgraded from the 2.0 to 2.5? Pros/Cons?
I think the 2.0 I have ride really well, even slightly too soft for high speed turns and body roll.
How would the 2.5 do for daily driving on sh!tty WV roads? The problem with these roads is what are like "mini speed bumps" everywhere! Not to mention potholes that can swallow a kia. It's where the road starts to crack or separate, and the half ass DOH comes in with asphalt and shovels and mounds the cracks up.
I just installed 39" KM3, and with the added weight, and these mini speed bumps, my front end is getting some "shake" to it. Did not do it with the 37's, and has not given me any wobble...yet.

Just wondering if upgrading to a 2.5 with more adjustability would help with this situation?
Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
The potholes in West Virginia are insane. I have actually seen a sedan trapped in one. The girl somehow cracked her damn radiator housing trying to get out of it 😂

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The potholes in West Virginia are insane. I have actually seen a sedan trapped in one. The girl somehow cracked her damn radiator housing trying to get out of it 😂
You know the struggle then!! lol

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Who all has upgraded from the 2.0 to 2.5? Pros/Cons?
I think the 2.0 I have ride really well, even slightly too soft for high speed turns and body roll.
How would the 2.5 do for daily driving on sh!tty WV roads? The problem with these roads is what are like "mini speed bumps" everywhere! Not to mention potholes that can swallow a kia. It's where the road starts to crack or separate, and the half ass DOH comes in with asphalt and shovels and mounds the cracks up.
I just installed 39" KM3, and with the added weight, and these mini speed bumps, my front end is getting some "shake" to it. Did not do it with the 37's, and has not given me any wobble...yet.

Just wondering if upgrading to a 2.5 with more adjustability would help with this situation?
Question, How big a lift are you running? on the JTU. Not sure that Shocks are the solution given that going from 37s to 39s.what is the psi?. have you rotated fronts to rears for a possible tire issue?

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
I would think the 2.5 would give you a better ride if you get them dialed in correctly. The low speed adjustments will be for driving on the road with minimal impact of bumps etc. The high speed dial will be for the potholes, coming off of rocks when crawling etc. I believe that is what makes the Mojave ride as good as it does as I believe they have the 2.5 up front and 2.0 out back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Question, How big a lift are you running? on the JTU. Not sure that Shocks are the solution given that going from 37s to 39s.what is the psi?. have you rotated fronts to rears for a possible tire issue?
Have 2" mopar with 1.5" TF spacer on front. Adj lca's, synergy adj trac bar, and steer smarts brace.
As for the 39's, they are KM3, and measure 37.25", so not a true 39. Currently running 35 psi. I have not rotated fronts and rears.
Don't get me wrong, the jeep drives and rides amazing. I would presume it did the same on these shit roads with the 37" KM3 (measured 35") I just took off, and the added weight of the 39 is making it more noticeable.
The harshness, and "abruptness" of the bumps at city speeds, 30-50mph, just cause some concern.
My steering is correct.
Just wondering if a better shock to absorb the potholes and bumps would solve my issue?!

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I have a Mojave with a 3” lift, 33” OEM tires and an AluCab canopy camper. I get bouncing on the back (I think it is just the back) and ordered the 2.5 Elites today to see if it will help. I hate to take the Mojave shocks off, but the weight is just too much for them. I also ordered 35” Yokohama Geolander XATs.

I will let you know of it helps. Hopefully I will not have to change the fronts too.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I would think the 2.5 would give you a better ride if you get them dialed in correctly. The low speed adjustments will be for driving on the road with minimal impact of bumps etc. The high speed dial will be for the potholes, coming off of rocks when crawling etc. I believe that is what makes the Mojave ride as good as it does as I believe they have the 2.5 up front and 2.0 out back.
The Mojave are 2.5 inch internal bypass shocks all around. They are similar to the fox 3.0s but with out the adjustability.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I have a Mojave with a 3” lift, 33” OEM tires and an AluCab canopy camper. I get bouncing on the back (I think it is just the back) and ordered the 2.5 Elites today to see if it will help. I hate to take the Mojave shocks off, but the weight is just too much for them. I also ordered 35” Yokohama Geolander XATs.

I will let you know of it helps. Hopefully I will not have to change the fronts too.
Did you do 3 inch shock extensions when you did that? I wasn't aware they had shock extensions that big for the Mojave yet.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I put 2.5s on mine up from the 2.0s. runnin mopar lift with Yeti track bars and Synergy steering brace. 39" is alot of tire for highway driving, at speed. Overall I am very happy with the 2.5's. The adjustment is a little weird, but I am ised to tunning road race shocks with rebound and compression. These have low speed and highspeed. I started at the recommnded settings and have been slowly cranking up the low speed setting. My guess is the extra weight of my 35s calls for more damping. Love riding in WV. I am from IL, trust me we know about pot holes here. Ever since I got my jeep I can almost go the speed limit now😁

0810210844.jpg

0810210844b.jpg

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I put 2.5s on mine up from the 2.0s. runnin mopar lift with Yeti track bars and Synergy steering brace. 39" is alot of tire for highway driving, at speed. Overall I am very happy with the 2.5's. The adjustment is a little weird, but I am ised to tunning road race shocks with rebound and compression. These have low speed and highspeed. I started at the recommnded settings and have been slowly cranking up the low speed setting. My guess is the extra weight of my 35s calls for more damping. Love riding in WV. I am from IL, trust me we know about pot holes here. Ever since I got my jeep I can almost go the speed limit now😁

Jeep Gladiator Fox 2.0 vs 2.5 question... 0810210844b

Jeep Gladiator Fox 2.0 vs 2.5 question... 0810210844b
CAn you explain a bit more on the lowspeed/highspeed adjustment? I am thinking a softer low speed setting than the 2.0 offers would give me better piece of mind.
Sponsored