Clayton or MC

Envo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm sure this exact question has been asked a hundred times already.

Need help deciding between the clayton kit or metal cloak 3.5 game changer

Clayton has a pretty nice package with the overland+, falcon 3.3 shocks and steering upgrades for 5500ish,

Metalcloak I'd go with the fox 2.5 adjustable shocks so prices would be similar, little less with MC as they have a 10% fathers day sale atm.

Currently have 37" tires on my gladiator and planning more an overland build, rsi smart cap and tent will be added soon.

Been going back and forth between these 2 companies for a while so I need help!
Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I don't know anything about clayton, but you can'/t go wrong with MC. Their products are top notch.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t think you can make a wrong decision here. From what I’ve seen, Clayton seems to be slightly better but they’re also more expensive. Both top notch. I’ve got some MC parts and they’ve been great. Zero complaints and great pricing.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Clayton has been around for a long time. 20 years or so. He started in his garage and built a nice business.

How? Toughest products that are over-built and extraordinary customer service.

If I go higher/want more, I’ll goClayton, hands down.

I’m on mopar right now, serves my needs, but will end up with Clayton at some point.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I run an MC 3.5" Gamechanger. Extremely well built and long lasting lift with incredible customer service. I have only heard great things about Clayton as well. I actually got a Clayton rear track bar to make more room for my spare. Seems very well built also.

It seems to me that Metalcloak is hard to beat in the rocks. It does well all around but there is no overlanding option with stiffer rear springs. If you are gonna overland primarily then the Clayton overland lift with the stiffer rear springs may be a better fit.

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I did the metal cloak true dual rate with their spring isolators and rock sport shocks on my 22 sport diesel. It rides better and smoother than stock.

All in around 2 grand installing myself. The Clayton lift with even cheap fox shocks was pushing 3k.

The rocksport shocks are a basic shock but with their shock mounts it’s got tons of travel. In fact you’ll be hard pressed to need more flex than this lift can provide for the price.

Waiting for my beadlock and 38s.

D1CB7232-D5DA-40EE-881F-650267361610.jpeg

36F7761D-5674-4570-981E-1729999BA93E.jpeg

6ADC4D9E-1DC5-4519-A7CC-6A40542EE047.jpeg

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Clayton will get you higher with the 3.5 and the springs are heavier rate for towing/hauling. I personally went Clayton springs with metal cloak arms as I'm a big fan of their joints but wanted the heavier springs for the truck type of uses.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
it really depends on what you want to do with your ride. I personally have the MC GC 3.5 myself but i mainly daily drive an hit the rocks. I don't camp/overland so having tougher spring loads for racks or towing was not needed.

I've gotten the chance to look at some control arms for clayton and will say there are beefy but I absolutely love my MC joints due to the minimal maintenance and zero issues.

good luck on your decision.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Always happy to answer any questions you have!

Our Overland Plus kit, which is our most popular kit by far, utilizes maintenance-free dual durometer bushings on both ends of each control arm and track bar which help to soak up road noise and vibrations both on and off-road, plus provide all of the flex you need for out on the trail! It's really the perfect do-anything daily driver/weekend warrior style kit!

Give us a call or shoot us a PM to check for any discounts or promotions currently going on :)

Sponsored

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
If money wasn't a factor I would have gone Clayton hands down, I think it's probably the best built JT lift out there. I love MetalCloak but I just don't need that insane amount of articulation. AEV was a pretty good compromise for my needs vs price. I do have MetalCloak track bars and will probably end up replacing my control arms with theirs as well.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I'm sure this exact question has been asked a hundred times already.

Need help deciding between the clayton kit or metal cloak 3.5 game changer

Clayton has a pretty nice package with the overland+, falcon 3.3 shocks and steering upgrades for 5500ish,

Metalcloak I'd go with the fox 2.5 adjustable shocks so prices would be similar, little less with MC as they have a 10% fathers day sale atm.

Currently have 37" tires on my gladiator and planning more an overland build, rsi smart cap and tent will be added soon.

Been going back and forth between these 2 companies for a while so I need help!

I have the 3.5" Clayton Overland Plus kit. The real main difference is that the Clayton kit has stiffer springs, and is higher in the rear... which is exactly what the Gladiator needs -- in my opinion. I would hate it -- if when I loaded up my bed, the rear sagged, and the lift kit dissapeared... Here is an example. Three loaded beds finished the Rubicon. My Gray JTR with Clayton, the white JT with another 3" lift, and the Red JTR with another 3" lift, where the owner added a 1" or 1.5" puck to get back his lift...
I had good ride height, and I stiffend my Falcon shocks for the rock crawling and I did not feel the weight, nor did I ever hit my bump stops.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton or MC Ydv1jl

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Very happy with my Clayton Overland plus 2.5.
I love my falcon sp2 3.5 with the in cab adjustment too.
Mine was an easy at home install. Need a good torque wrench.
I felt the instructions from Clayton were top notch and I was able to get it very close before the professional alignment.
Just be prepped for a workout if you never have done a lift. Lots of heavy stuff.
I have done about 5k or more since my lift. Including fully loaded on a BOH trail with all my camping gear. In talking with Gillian at Offroad Elements I will be adding a rear spacer when I run my tent. I have an Icon 1.38" Coil Spacer kit for when I run the tent as it sits damn near level pigged out and on certain trails when set to soft appears to squat a bit

I think the Metal Cloak one requires a new front driveshaft.
Not going to bash either. They are both great. I was really torn between the two.

IMG_6647.jpg

Image-1.jpg

IMG_7520.jpg
Sponsored