jac04

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
My Mojave's front doors have the annoying click, so not all Mojaves are immune...
I think that you may want to have your sarcasm detector re-calibrated.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The only time mine made a noise was the first time I did doors off - and the thing got away from me and retreated and went SNAP and I went "oh, crap".

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
My passenger side just started clicking the other day, just two clicks when fully opened. Was going to look at it and lube the catch this weekend. Tuning in for results.

Sorry Papa, I got an Overland over here clickin'.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
The only time mine made a noise was the first time I did doors off - and the thing got away from me and retreated and went SNAP and I went "oh, crap".
So funny you say that. EVERY JL/JT PDI I do, I give each door a hood hard full open, will pop once every time and never does it again. Something I learned to prevent a upset customer or cost a sales men their money.

also, they propbably don’t make noise when closed because the door check is in an active tension state, it’s not at rest like it is at the two different stop points. Also having the two hinges plus the door latch makes a door very stiff if it is a weld issue

Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
CLICKING on my doors SOLVED!

I also had all 4 doors clicking not long after picking up my 2021 JTR new back in Feb/21. I also read up on it and consensus was welds in the doors were broken etc… NOPE.

I had all 4 door checks replaced under warranty in October of 22, same time I was getting my engine and transmission replaced. ….wasn’t long after that the front door checks started to click again so I sprayed the checks down with white lithium grease but that never did well and I still had that click when opening the driver door. Drove me nuts but I DID FIGURE IT OUT. A couple weeks back the weather was hot enough to take the doors off so I did and I had a good look at the check where it enters the side of the door. I looked closer and saw that the check rides on another plastic surface on both sides. This is where a better lubricant needs to coat these mating surfaces better than white lithium grease. The mating surfaces of the check guide sliding on the other plastic surfaceare tight (clicking is here).

Don’t waste your time taking the panels off to get at the check from inside. It’s all in the lubricant used on the outside. Throw the white lithium away and use “industrial strength” lubrication that’s safe for “plastics” and other materials.

I grabbed this stuff, used it on the check and with the straw, sprayed the mating surfaces. The doors are silent and the door checks glide so smooth and quiet.

To get this “industrial grade” lubricant, you won’t find it at your Home Depot/Lowes type stores. Go to an electrical/electronics/electrician specialty store. This is where you’ll find electrical greases, harnes connector cleaners and lubricants, shrink tubes, potting materials for sensors etc.

This is what fixed my clicking problem.

IMG_1077.jpeg

IMG_1078.jpeg

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
CLICKING on my doors SOLVED!

I also had all 4 doors clicking not long after picking up my 2021 JTR new back in Feb/21. I also read up on it and consensus was welds in the doors were broken etc… NOPE.

I had all 4 door checks replaced under warranty in October of 22, same time I was getting my engine and transmission replaced. ….wasn’t long after that the front door checks started to click again so I sprayed the checks down with white lithium grease but that never did well and I still had that click when opening the driver door. Drove me nuts but I DID FIGURE IT OUT. A couple weeks back the weather was hot enough to take the doors off so I did and I had a good look at the check where it enters the side of the door. I looked closer and saw that the check rides on another plastic surface on both sides. This is where a better lubricant needs to coat these mating surfaces better than white lithium grease. The mating surfaces of the check guide sliding on the other plastic surfaceare tight (clicking is here).

Don’t waste your time taking the panels off to get at the check from inside. It’s all in the lubricant used on the outside. Throw the white lithium away and use “industrial strength” lubrication that’s safe for “plastics” and other materials.

I grabbed this stuff, used it on the check and with the straw, sprayed the mating surfaces. The doors are silent and the door checks glide so smooth and quiet.

To get this “industrial grade” lubricant, you won’t find it at your Home Depot/Lowes type stores. Go to an electrical/electronics/electrician specialty store. This is where you’ll find electrical greases, harnes connector cleaners and lubricants, shrink tubes, potting materials for sensors etc.

This is what fixed my clicking problem.

Jeep Gladiator Clicking Doors - Modify Door Check? IMG_1078

Jeep Gladiator Clicking Doors - Modify Door Check? IMG_1078
Thank you. I’ll look into that this weekend. It drives me nuts. This and the passenger side mirror rattling.

I have a 2020 overland with 51k on it and I just decided to keep it so I’m fixing these issues. I just got new tires too. It’s going to be like a new rig. lol.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Then he'd better trade for an Overland. No clicks, squeaks, rattles, clunks.
Just the ghost in the electronics when backing into the driveway.
Interesting the click is only happening when the doors are moving, not when the doors are off or closed........... so it's a 1 time thing when a door is opened - or closed? That's it?
My overland clicks like a mofo. It has since almost new. I’m finally looking into fixing it. Now that it’s well out to warranty. 🤣

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Solved it with a 23. Extreme? Probably, but it was bugging me. (joking of course....but it did solve the problem).

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Thank you. I’ll look into that this weekend. It drives me nuts. This and the passenger side mirror rattling.

I have a 2020 overland with 51k on it and I just decided to keep it so I’m fixing these issues. I just got new tires too. It’s going to be like a new rig. lol.
I now use Surface Shield as a lubricant. I did replace the door check and used Surface Shield from the beginning. I replaced it back in the summer time and every couple of weeks or so, I give it another spray and all my door checks are good as new.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I now use Surface Shield as a lubricant. I did replace the door check and used Surface Shield from the beginning. I replaced it back in the summer time and every couple of weeks or so, I give it another spray and all my door checks are good as new.
Nice. Thanks. That shit is hella annoying. I should have had it fixed under warranty, but at least the door checks are cheap if need be

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I did my own replacement of the last one. Super easy.

The service manager printed off 4 pages of door panel removal to get at the door check. Forget it! You don’t need to remove absolutely everything to get at it. I wish I knew that before following all the pages. As long as you can get your arm in and around the inside bottom right corner and can grip the door check, you’re golden.
Sponsored