First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
I've always treated my leather seats like shit and have never had any problems. I don't treat them with anything. I rarely wipe them down. No problems at all.
on my 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab... I have leather/pleather and it has been great ! It has started cracking where I slide in and out of the driver's seat, but it took almost 20 years for it to happen......
Sponsored

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I got the leather because its easier to clean. I would get vinyl if they offered it. ha.

I got the light Grey leather in the Mojave. My wife's car has light tan leather and you do have to keep up with cleaning it annually, but other than that its cool in the summer and fine in the winter.

Mojave grey is much lighter in person than it is in the configurator.

IMG_20200818_143859.jpg

Configurator view:
Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 3.42.38 PM.png
Is your pic color accurate? In your pic and others these seats don't look gray at all. They look like a cream or off white.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Where these covers part of your order or did the dealer install them after delivery? The online configurator shows them but with white stitching.
Mine are the perforated leather option on a Rubicon. The one you posted a picture of is the "Stitched leather", though I would imagine that is wrong too as I believe it should have the red stitching. The configurator does them no justice. They are quite beautiful IMO.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your pic color accurate? In your pic and others these seats don't look gray at all. They look like a cream or off white.
I believe it is. I've seen a lot of photos on the Internets. They all show a very light grey. This is nothing like the configurator shows.

Check out this video. All of the other colors in it seem to be reasonably normal. So I have to assume that the color is a very light grey.

This is my exact combination so I was pretty happy when someone on this group sent me a link to this video.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I believe it is. I've seen a lot of photos on the Internets. They all show a very light grey. This is nothing like the configurator shows.

Check out this video. All of the other colors in it seem to be reasonably normal. So I have to assume that the color is a very light grey.

This is my exact combination so I was pretty happy when someone on this group sent me a link to this video.

I'm also curious how to looks against different colors. 99% of the steel gray interiors I see are in hydro blue builds. I went with steel gray and Sarge Green. I wonder if the green will draw out a different hue than the blue does.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm also curious how to looks against different colors. 99% of the steel gray interiors I see are in hydro blue builds. I went with steel gray and Sarge Green. I wonder if the green will draw out a different hue than the blue does.
I think it will look good with your Green.
My only concern and the reason I considered black was simply keeping it clean. But my wife reminded me that I like light leather interiors and the light tan in her Volvo has held up very well.

Every spring after ski season and all the filth that comes with it, I either detail it myself or have it detailed. Part of that is scrubbing the seats with leather conditioner and a soft bristle brush. I also change out the WeatherTech mats for the OEM carpet mats. Which feel nice under your bare feet in the summer.

DJahn3

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR Ordered - 2015 JKUR
Mine are the perforated leather option on a Rubicon. The one you posted a picture of is the "Stitched leather", though I would imagine that is wrong too as I believe it should have the red stitching. The configurator does them no justice. They are quite beautiful IMO.
I grabbed the wrong screenshot but both show the white stitching... I am excited to see them in person.

RapidRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I decided to go with cloth. My reasoning was that if I want to get the top off and play in the dirt as much as possible I should put on seat covers so I don't trash the seats. If I'm going to put on covers, then why spend a bunch of money on leather.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to go with cloth. My reasoning was that if I want to get the top off and play in the dirt as much as possible I should put on seat covers so I don't trash the seats. If I'm going to put on covers, then why spend a bunch of money on leather.
That makes total sense. And while you are at it. Install some $40 seat heaters under the seat covers if you dont' have them already.
Sponsored