Cold Morning Crew

dcjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
It's early fall in northern Ohio which means it's in the 50's, sometimes 40's, in the morning and then upper 70's in the afternoon/evening. Like many of you I like to have the top/doors off. I usually keep a sweatshirt, hat, and gloves in the Jeep for the morning. What are some other tips/life-hacks people use to keep themselves warm in the morning?

Also, I'm quite lucky to have the heated steering wheel and seats so I usually crank those as well.

P.S. That's in Fahrenheit for all my metric brothers/sisters. Not trying to start a units of measure war but there's countries that use the metric system and then there are countries that have been to the moon!
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I also live in Northern Ohio. If there is no snow or salt on the roads my top and doors are off all winter. I have a Milwaukee Heated Jacket. It works great and keep me nice and warm. If I didn’t have one for winter wildlife photography all ready I would try the Lava Jacket from Ace Engineering. I think they go for $60.

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
The struggle is real here in upstate. I had the top off yesterday because it was 75 degrees but i had to put it back on because it was 35 degrees this morning and i had to take my kids to school.

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
P.S. That's in Fahrenheit for all my metric brothers/sisters. Not trying to start a units of measure war but there's countries that use the metric system and then there are countries that have been to the moon!
There's also a country that lost a $300 million spacecraft because they mixed up metric and standard, but it's probably better to forget that one.

Sponsored

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Ohio native here also. Doors and top off for the foreseeable future (don’t drive in the morning). Hoodies, gloves and hats in lockable box just to be sure, and heated seats, wheel and air just in case.

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I'll do that when the temps hit 60 here...
WE are going to the frozen north (Tennessee) for Christmas. I will get to try out my seat heaters then.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Got my first taste of this just driving at night a couple weeks ago. Temps were probably in the upper 60's but I'm not sure what a 70+mph wind chill does to that. That burning ball of gas in the sky makes a world of difference alright.

I tend to keep a couple fleeces balled up under the seat. Not sure if it'll cut the wind once it actually gets cold so I may try something else. I scoffed at the "cold weather package" but didn't think it through apparently :D

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
The struggle is real here in upstate. I had the top off yesterday because it was 75 degrees but i had to put it back on because it was 35 degrees this morning and i had to take my kids to school.
I grew up in Steuben County! Miss the winters there in my XJ!!

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
I think its nice driving at 4am 40 degrees and top off to work! Ski jacket and a beanie, heated seat. Works great. 70 degree drive home at 130pm is perfect! For me 65-70 is ideal top off weather!!

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
Heated steering is nice but i wish it was adjustable. shit gets me sweaty
Sponsored