Sponsored

Collision Avoidance False Positives

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
They applied the TSB for me last week. Haven’t noticed the issue since. But it was a very seldom recurring thing to begin with so you never know I guess.
Sponsored

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
I turned mine to the lowest setting possible. With my driving style it was constantly going off on high. I'm a very good driver and it's set up for an 80 year old grandma on high. Slamming brakes 12-15 feet from objects. Works fine now.

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Hi @salvino, @Marx, @elarse1, @jhale1800, @MoultrieGladiator, @Tire Guy,

We are sorry to hear that you have concerns with your Gladiator auto-braking. I have found the following TSB. As the Customer Care Team, we are not mechanically trained and therefore cannot diagnose your vehicle or determine if this TSB applies. Please visit your servicing dealer for a proper diagnosis. Please send me a private message if you would like assistance while in service.

upload_2020-1-28_12-9-54.png

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Hi Darlene/ @JeepCares !

I went to the dealer yesterday (02/20/2020) to have the TSB installed, but unfortunately, my manufacture date was after July 11, so I already have the TSB, so the problem was not fixed with this TSB. Are there any other fixes planned? I had to turn the sensitivity to minimum to keep it from braking, though it still beeps a warning on occasion.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine in for a bad battery. The JT was parked for 10 days or so while traveled for work. I don’t have anything connected straight to battery, so something wasn’t right. I also mentioned to the service writer about a few false positives from the FCW.

They ended up replacing the camera unit for the FCW, both batteries and flashed my radio. It took them all week and no loaner vehicle but it’s done at least. Time will tell if it helps. Truck was built June 18 in case that helps anyone

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Darlene/ @JeepCares !

I went to the dealer yesterday (02/20/2020) to have the TSB installed, but unfortunately, my manufacture date was after July 11, so I already have the TSB, so the problem was not fixed with this TSB. Are there any other fixes planned? I had to turn the sensitivity to minimum to keep it from braking, though it still beeps a warning on occasion.
We recommend having your dealer open a STAR case to work with our internal technicians regarding this. Please send us a message if you are in need of support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored