Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I was originally looking at a Gobi rubicon but I had to have a JT ASAP so I went with a white one. I am beyond happy with my truck. So glad I didn't wait around for Gobi to be released.
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Entirely subjective; I ordered white and still would chose it over all the other colors offer in the JT or even the JL. I like the other colors but I tire of them after time. White is not flashy, but it is the best color to sustains its appearance with less maintenance in time with usage.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
White is not flashy, but it is the best color to sustains its appearance with less maintenance in time with usage.
This by far. White always looks cleaner and is much easier to maintain.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
White is not flashy, but it is the best color to sustains its appearance with less maintenance in time with usage.
I disagree, White is flashy and classy. ;)

*I'm also known for all my vehicles being white (TJ, Gladiator, Nissan Titan, and previous Cherokee, wife's car is also white). So I might be biased towards white.

**The only exception is 1 black car...my 350z. Much better in black than white.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Colors are very subjective - and that's one reason no one should ever be offended or bothered by another person not liking your color choice. It's YOURS to like or not like. I know, we all love validation when choosing a color - but.........
I am of the opinion that some vehicles wear some colors better than others. My wife loves purples, yellows, etc. on the Wranglers and similar vehicles, as do I, but I try to imagine a yellow or purple Grand Cherokee? Hmmm, no, honey - I don't think so.
Same for "sedans" or station wagons, name any car or style and in my opinion, some will look great in color xx while others, meh, not so much.
A Challenger can wear almost any color - a crazy purple - but imagine a Navigator in that same color?

My son is a good one to talk about colors with as he's a top graphic designer, now a manager of one of the design and online advertising for Gannet. Want to know what works, what doesn't, etc. - he knows his stuff. But still, even he will say color can be a subjective thing - and some things wear certain colors better than others. A blonde can get by with a shirt color that a brunette can't and same the other way...........

As far as white- my boss had a white wrecker - back in the 80s I go the job of dealing with cab corner rust, dings and chips and touching it up. Ah, white, piece of cake.......... well, no...... there are shades of "white". I got 'er done, and it's not as hard as most others, but I didn't consider it the easiest I'd ever done either. (and I admit, I am NOT a body and paint guy by profession)

Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I think I want black. Ive never owned a black vehicle and know its a pain to keep clean. But I love black with red. I thought about going firecracker with black but not sure that is exactly the same thing. I like stingray and crystal, could live with punk'n. Blue looks great but not for me, Gobi or gator are fine but not first pick, white is dead last my favorite.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Almost got Sting Gray and I would have definitely had regret there....my Silver...not at all.

Hosstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
When I first seen them, all I wanted was a white one with all black accents. I now have it and do love it, but man is Sting Grey a wicked color!

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot express how awesome the Billet Silver Metallic is Up close and personal its a Stunning Color, I imagine the Granite Metallic looks good also. Some of the other colors that are just dull and flat and make the paint job look like it wasn't finished and needs buffed out I don't get the dull flat look. Very happy with my choice of Billet Silver Mettallic.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot express how awesome the Billet Silver Metallic is Up close and personal its a Stunning Color, I imagine the Granite Metallic looks good also. Some of the other colors that are just dull and flat and make the paint job look like it wasn't finished and needs buffed out I don't get the dull flat look. Very happy with my choice of Billet Silver Mettallic.
I have to wonder the ages here - if anyone recalls the paints of the 70s and early 80s - compared to today's clear coats, pearls, etc.
A friend of mine restored a 71 white Gremlin. The cool thing was that he duplicated the paint exactly as it would have come factory, in fact, as they all did back them. People at shows kept asking if he messed up. To me and many others, it looked showroom perfect. It looked like the brochure photos of that era.
So some of these to me look sort of retro, or Jeep as I grew up with them. I can appreciate that.

Sponsored

Deleted member 24880

Sting Grey was my first choice and made them get me what I wanted. I love the color and have zero regret.

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
My last truck and my wife's last car were both black. Both looked great. Both were a massive pain to keep clean. Everything shows up so much on black. We both wanted a change and white was what we both wanted. She got a new van in white. It is cooler in the summer heat in FL and easier to keep clean, in fact, it always looks clean. She did not like the white JT, but preferred the silver. I liked white better, but settled with silver. After having it for a while, I like it. It shines nicely and still looks clean (much better than black). So far no regrets.

Don't think I would get a black JT because I like chrome/polished with black paint and chrome wheels/bumpers etc don't belong on a Jeep.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
#1 color was Punk'in however, wife said it looked to much like Oklahoma State colors and we are a Sooner family. Got Gobi ordered, we'll see how I like it!

Buck1ze

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
2001 Silverstone, 2003 Khaki, 2015 Copper Brown Pearlcoat, and now GCM. Didn’t think I would, but really like the red accents that come with the Rubicon. Adds a little bit of “Buckeyes” look to it!!!
Sponsored