Sponsored

Color Remorse

Should I switch from a black Rubicon Gladiator to a red one?

• Total voters

Lighthorseman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Sahara
I'm holding out for either Rescue Green, Hella Yella, or Gecko. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Want the Mopar 2.5' lift, 35s (what to get??), a bed rack... and maybe a cool Jurassic paint job?
Definately Jurassic Park decal job!

lipsterc8

First Name
Michael Lipschu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda crv
what color is this? Seems to have a hint of blue in it? i had a white wrangler and would have never wanted any other color. This color has me intrigued.... But other than that white is the best.

Jeep-Gladiator-Hard-Tonneau-Cover-Mopar-780x405.jpg

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
what color is this? Seems to have a hint of blue in it? i had a white wrangler and would have never wanted any other color. This color has me intrigued.... But other than that white is the best.

Jeep-Gladiator-Hard-Tonneau-Cover-Mopar-780x405.jpg
It's a render so it's not necessarily true to any of the available colors. Looks most like billet silver to me. Granite Crystal is darker and Sting Gray is flatter.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
As they say, everyone owns ONE black car. Sadly my rubi is my third black car. I've found that shiny black paint doesn't stay very shiny black paint for long unless you slave over it. I have a habit of not really caring about branches and saplings so I have new england pin stripes all over the rig. I don't wash it or polish it or wax it nearly as much as I think I should and it always looks like a black jeep as opposed to a gleaming black diamond of a showroom rubicon.

I want to go red with the gladiator but the funny thing is when I bought the JKUR I told the dealer I didn't have a preference about color and I'll be honest I still don't really have one. I find that tops and fenders tend to get scuffed and stock chassis black is fine by me, they sell the top touch up in a rattle can and it blends very well, fender skins can always be replaced.

Now should you find yourself is a color quandary I'll just post this link up and quickly duck before the hate starts. All I'll say is if you take the time to do it right and right from the start you can plan some serious games with color and the product does what the can says, I've put three years with three plowing seasons on it and it while it shows some age it can be redone as often as I want. https://www.youtube.com/user/DipYourCarcom
I too have owned 3 black cars. Every time I did I said never again

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
When I bought my gator JT we looked at a white one, I said no I hate white trucks. My wife reminded me that I have bought more white vehicles than any other color.

jthadius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2018 Land Rover Discovery HSE Td6
Knew I wanted this truck long before they went into production - spent years drooling over the AEV Brute, but couldn't spend that kind of money.

Always wanted a red Jeep truck, but wasn't sure about this particular red... so I went with black. Classic, sleek with the matching paint top and fenders. And I can legit wear that t-shirt "I'm the black Jeep of the family"!

But I keep seeing these amazing red Gladiators... and I'm really torn. What do I do?

I don't have a VON or a VIN yet, so I think changing is possible.

Thoughts?
Regret forever that you didn’t have the foresight to get a Punk’n Gladiator???

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I had thought for sure I wanted the Granite Crystal Metallic but wasn't available with the specs I wanted when I was buying and didn't want to wait on order. So they dealership had Gobi and Sting Gray on the lot with my specs. I thought yes its gonna be Gobi and I had them put the two together so I could look at both. After looking and checking from all angles in the sun. The Sting Gray really started to stick with me which is what I ended up getting. Now if they would have had a Mojito Green on the lot with the specs that is what I would have driven off with. If it came in Purple my wife may have beaten me to death to buy that since she is LSU Alumni but Purple ain't my thing
Sponsored