Sponsored

Color Remorse

Should I switch from a black Rubicon Gladiator to a red one?

• Total voters

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Knew I wanted this truck long before they went into production - spent years drooling over the AEV Brute, but couldn't spend that kind of money.

Always wanted a red Jeep truck, but wasn't sure about this particular red... so I went with black. Classic, sleek with the matching paint top and fenders. And I can legit wear that t-shirt "I'm the black Jeep of the family"!

But I keep seeing these amazing red Gladiators... and I'm really torn. What do I do?

I don't have a VON or a VIN yet, so I think changing is possible.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Take it from me. I ordered red. I saw black today and it looked amazing. I wish I could change to silver though. Side by side the silver was much nicer than black.

OP
OP
JeepDreams

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Take it from me. I ordered red. I saw black today and it looked amazing. I wish I could change to silver though. Side by side the silver was much nicer than black.
trez63, I'm not crazy about silver, so that was never a temptation... don't want white since I'm not a contractor... but i hear you. What do you think between the red and the black... ? You got red?

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I've read it all, it's black and white
The spectrum made a shade I like.
The crimson rays are ruby bright
Technicolor light.
Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red.
Red! Paint it red, green ain't mean compared to red.
You don't know what it does to me,
My crimson intensity
I'm haunted by the mystery,
The mystey of red.
Red knocks 'em dead,
Some like it hot, I like it red.
Red is my lover, got it covered
Red is my number, sure as a coma
Red is my drummer, and I hear red thunder
Move over brother,
Red's a motherf%#r
(Red! Red!)
That’s what I said...
(Red! Red!)
Come on to bed
(Red! Red!)
Gimme' that expensive spread..

Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
I wanted Punkin Metallic. I love those garish Jeep only colors.

I went red. I would bet White, Black, Red, and Silver are the four best selling colors. Can't go wrong with it.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Knew I wanted this truck long before they went into production - spent years drooling over the AEV Brute, but couldn't spend that kind of money.

Always wanted a red Jeep truck, but wasn't sure about this particular red... so I went with black. Classic, sleek with the matching paint top and fenders. And I can legit wear that t-shirt "I'm the black Jeep of the family"!

But I keep seeing these amazing red Gladiators... and I'm really torn. What do I do?

I don't have a VON or a VIN yet, so I think changing is possible.

Thoughts?
I've always dreamed of the colors like Mojito!, Punkn', that blue is sweet, taco. All those in your face cartoon colors. But if you don't go that route, the military-ish-ness of Gator is going to rock.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
As they say, everyone owns ONE black car. Sadly my rubi is my third black car. I've found that shiny black paint doesn't stay very shiny black paint for long unless you slave over it. I have a habit of not really caring about branches and saplings so I have new england pin stripes all over the rig. I don't wash it or polish it or wax it nearly as much as I think I should and it always looks like a black jeep as opposed to a gleaming black diamond of a showroom rubicon.

I want to go red with the gladiator but the funny thing is when I bought the JKUR I told the dealer I didn't have a preference about color and I'll be honest I still don't really have one. I find that tops and fenders tend to get scuffed and stock chassis black is fine by me, they sell the top touch up in a rattle can and it blends very well, fender skins can always be replaced.

Now should you find yourself is a color quandary I'll just post this link up and quickly duck before the hate starts. All I'll say is if you take the time to do it right and right from the start you can plan some serious games with color and the product does what the can says, I've put three years with three plowing seasons on it and it while it shows some age it can be redone as often as I want. https://www.youtube.com/user/DipYourCarcom

OP
OP
JeepDreams

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've always dreamed of the colors like Mojito!, Punkn', that blue is sweet, taco. All those in your face cartoon colors. But if you don't go that route, the military-ish-ness of Gator is going to rock.
My Wrangler was Rescue Green. LOVED that color!

And, yes, Gator is fabulous and if it was available NOW, it'd be a contender!!

OP
OP
JeepDreams

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted Punkin Metallic. I love those garish Jeep only colors.

I went red. I would bet White, Black, Red, and Silver are the four best selling colors. Can't go wrong with it.
Hemi, I know you're right... and I hate being a waffle-y person (except blueberry waffles - those are amazing)... but black? Red? Sigh!!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
As they say, everyone owns ONE black car. Sadly my rubi is my third black car. I've found that shiny black paint doesn't stay very shiny black paint for long unless you slave over it. I have a habit of not really caring about branches and saplings so I have new england pin stripes all over the rig. I don't wash it or polish it or wax it nearly as much as I think I should and it always looks like a black jeep as opposed to a gleaming black diamond of a showroom rubicon.

I want to go red with the gladiator but the funny thing is when I bought the JKUR I told the dealer I didn't have a preference about color and I'll be honest I still don't really have one. I find that tops and fenders tend to get scuffed and stock chassis black is fine by me, they sell the top touch up in a rattle can and it blends very well, fender skins can always be replaced.

Now should you find yourself is a color quandary I'll just post this link up and quickly duck before the hate starts. All I'll say is if you take the time to do it right and right from the start you can plan some serious games with color and the product does what the can says, I've put three years with three plowing seasons on it and it while it shows some age it can be redone as often as I want. https://www.youtube.com/user/DipYourCarcom
reminds me of this
5 points to the first that guesses the movie.
upload_2019-5-13_22-13-16.png

OP
OP
JeepDreams

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OH! Wow, that is so fun! They sure make it look fool proof! And those colors are amazing!

OP
OP
JeepDreams

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've read it all, it's black and white
The spectrum made a shade I like.
The crimson rays are ruby bright
Technicolor light.
Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red.
Red! Paint it red, green ain't mean compared to red.
You don't know what it does to me,
My crimson intensity
I'm haunted by the mystery,
The mystey of red.
Red knocks 'em dead,
Some like it hot, I like it red.
Red is my lover, got it covered
Red is my number, sure as a coma
Red is my drummer, and I hear red thunder
Move over brother,
Red's a motherf%#r
(Red! Red!)
That’s what I said...
(Red! Red!)
Come on to bed
(Red! Red!)
Gimme' that expensive spread..
Bette Midler. Nice!

OP
OP
JeepDreams

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not a contractor, I make Tacos!

Fav Pic w Rack.jpg
That's a good looking Gladiator, Tacoman03! I'm jealous that you've got one sitting in your driveway (even if it is white)!