First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
Super fun time with Camodog. Thanks for the spur of the moment motivation to go out and get our rigs into 4 low, disconnected, and locked for the first time.

IMG_1607.jpg
Sponsored

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
Think a stock Sport S can handle Kingston, or would I need the locking differentials, shocks, larger tires, etc? I went up to Chinns and Loch Lomond with my old stock 2-door 4-cyl TJ Sport, but never tried Kingston.
I think your rig could handle this trail. There were many other vehicles like tacos and others up there. But you will rub a few times so choose your route carefully. I hit 3 times. Camo none... I did not "need" lockers by a long shot but I had to engage them to get up on that stupid rock without sliding off it. Minus any shenanigans your rig would handle this trail just fine. Being my maiden 4low voyage I just had to try out all the goodies.

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
I edited the last post and removed "easily" handle the trail as there are some sections with some bigger rocks. And there was a place where someone obviously punched a hole in something vital and left a 40 foot long trail of fluid.

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
One of the steep sections with bigger rocks

IMG_1578.jpg

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I agree with G8R, you will be fine in all stock sport or any truck with 4lo.
Take your time and pick your line, you donā€™t want to puncture your oil pan like mentioned above.

Be sure to send pics! Was a beautiful day. Thanks for going with me G8R

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
I agree with G8R, you will be fine in all stock sport or any truck with 4lo.
Take your time and pick your line, you donā€™t want to puncture your oil pan like mentioned above.

Be sure to send pics! Was a beautiful day. Thanks for going with me G8R
Yea, there hill climb (point 8 on TrailsOffRoad) is the most challenging spot. But if you go slow and pick good paths around the big rocks, youā€™ll be just fine in a stock Jeep.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Super fun time with Camodog. Thanks for the spur of the moment motivation to go out and get our rigs into 4 low, disconnected, and locked for the first time.

IMG_1607.jpg
Nice work gentlemen. Don't have my JT yet, but my craiglist special XJ might make it up those trails. You will half to let me know if you go again. I have a crystal granite JT on order since June 6. Thinking those trails might be snowed over before I get it, but we will see.

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heading up to Yankee Hill today.

Edit: no takers and work ended early, so I wonā€™t be at T-Rex at 3.

Last edited:
OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called two Line-X shops (Littleton and Castle Rock) ... quoted $525 and $550 for Standard, or $650 and $700 for Premium. Anyone else get the Line-X spray-in bedliner, and if so, is that in line with what you paid?
I ordered mine from the factory, it may have been the cause for delay of shipment? Not sure. Let us know if you get any other quotes and how the quality turns out. I may do aftermarket for the diesel truck.

Sponsored

DenverGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ stock, manual, over-sized tires, soft top, half doors
I ordered mine from the factory, it may have been the cause for delay of shipment? Not sure. Let us know if you get any other quotes and how the quality turns out. I may do aftermarket for the diesel truck.
I had the Castle Rock location line the bed today. Looks like a good quality and ended up being $550 after tax.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Anyone have a recommendation as to where to get ceramic coating done?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
Anyone have a recommendation as to where to get ceramic coating done?
Do it yourself. I did it to my car. Still have a kit on the shelf for the JL. Just need to find the time.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do it yourself. I did it to my car. Still have a kit on the shelf for the JL. Just need to find the time.
Funny thing about that. I feel compared to most on here I would do a lot myself. Lift, bumper, hell I have fixed so much on my ā€˜96 XJ in the last few years its not even funny. Water pump, master/salve cylinder, brakes, oil pressure sending unit, the list goes on. So I donā€™t mind wrenching. That said I heard that the good ceramic coating products are not sold to consumers but dealer only. I have also been told that the install exercise center and patience makes a huge difference in the final results. For those 2 reasons I was looking to have this done for me.

Anyone else on the forum confirm what I have heard? Anyone else feel that the DYI stuff is just as good?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
I believe there are products they only sell to dealers. But the industry is quick. So the products you can buy today are different than the products you'd buy a few years ago.

I also believe that could be a marketing deal. A ceramic kit will run you $150-$300. Have it installed by one of our professional dealers?? $1000 bucks. Follow the money.
Sponsored