First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
That's what happens when you rate a car based on static performance metrics and not doing any qualitative/objective research. Personally, I bought my Gladiator specifically FOR the wind noise. Gladiator is literally the only midsize truck i'd buy because it makes up for all the compromises of a midsize truck by being a Jeep. If it wasnt for the Gladiator, I'd have a JL and would have kept my F150 for truck stuff. Other midsize trucks just plain suck.
20220613_125854.jpg
No to derail the thread but which mirrors are those?
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MotorBiscuit: Consumer Reports and J.D. Power Agree on the Worst Midsize Truck.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-j-d-power-agree-worst-midsize-truck/

Only things I agree with in this article are the fuel efficiency should be better and the steering needs improvement as well. But I would never buy a Ridgeline, no matter how many great reviews it gets. I believe in buying American and nothing is as fun as a Jeep! 🇺🇸
I agree with you on the Ridgeline about everything except for buying American.

Jeep is owned by a foreign company and sources many of its parts from elsewhere. Including high value drivetrain components.

Honda USA is owned by a foreign company that sources the bulk of its parts from within the US. Including engines and transmissions. Honda actually has a foundry that casts engine blocks. Completed engines from Honda USA are exported all over the world.

A diesel Gladiator's engine and transmission are made in Italy. (Not 100% sure on where the tranny is made, but its not American. )

The Ridgeline has more American content than any Gladiator.

In fact the Ridgeline has the 6th most domestic content of ANY vehicle sold in the US.

https://www.cars.com/american-made-index/

Here is a press release with more details from Honda.
https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-c...erican-made-index-with-4-of-the-top-10-models

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, the Ridgeline is an all-wheel drive car with a bed on the back. Should compare it to Subarus or Toyota Rav4.
The Ridgeline is a truck in that it can tow like a truck. Its got a 5000 lb tow rating and is happy towing close to that all day long.

My dad has a Ridgeline and for what it is, its a brilliant if ugly vehicle.

It rides like a car. (because its based on one)
It gets car like fuel economy
It handles and steers like a car.

It has a secure trunk under the floor of the bed that is larger than the trunks in many cars.

Plus it has a bed and is well set up for towing with built in sway control and hook ups for a trailer brake controller.

What the Honda is not is any kind of off road vehicle. Just like the majority of trucks sold. My neighbor's F150 is typical of a modern truck in that it rolls on 19" wheels with 60 series street tires.

The new "rugged" off road version of the Ridgeline is a joke. But it will sell because the reality is that it meets the off-road needs of most truck owners, including 95% of Gladiator owners.

Judged by all logical standards the Ridgeline is vastly superior to the Gladiator. But the Gladiator, like the Wrangler its based on has something . . . its something that transcends logic and numbers. And these magazines don't get that.

Sponsored

Rburns1776

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JT Mojave, '22 WL75 Overland, 21' BMW M1000RR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
No to derail the thread but which mirrors are those?
Haha, those are the Mopar ones. "Mopar doors off mirror kit". They've been solid, albeit a little expensive. I ordered mine with my Gladiator, which saved $100 over buying them after the fact

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
The Ridgeline is a truck in that it can tow like a truck. Its got a 5000 lb tow rating and is happy towing close to that all day long.

My dad has a Ridgeline and for what it is, its a brilliant if ugly vehicle.

It rides like a car. (because its based on one)
It gets car like fuel economy
It handles and steers like a car.

It has a secure trunk under the floor of the bed that is larger than the trunks in many cars.

Plus it has a bed and is well set up for towing with built in sway control and hook ups for a trailer brake controller.

What the Honda is not is any kind of off road vehicle. Just like the majority of trucks sold. My neighbor's F150 is typical of a modern truck in that it rolls on 19" wheels with 60 series street tires.

The new "rugged" off road version of the Ridgeline is a joke. But it will sell because the reality is that it meets the off-road needs of most truck owners, including 95% of Gladiator owners.

Judged by all logical standards the Ridgeline is vastly superior to the Gladiator. But the Gladiator, like the Wrangler its based on has something . . . its something that transcends logic and numbers. And these magazines don't get that.
Should be compared to Maverick and now Santa Cruz. Though Ridgeline is much bigger in size.

CT_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Haha, those are the Mopar ones. "Mopar doors off mirror kit". They've been solid, albeit a little expensive. I ordered mine with my Gladiator, which saved $100 over buying them after the fact
Thanks. I had the Quadratec mirror movers on my JKU. They worked great. Looking for something solid for the JT.

Sponsored

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
I have had 4 tacomas, 3 F150s, 3 Wranglers, an Explorer Sport Trac, and was smitten by the 41 mpg Maverick. I also had a preorder reservation on a Rivian R1T.

The F150 is too big - it barely can fit in my garage. I drive around with it mostly empty 330 days/year.

Tacomas are marginal and boring. I had one as a Lemon Law buyback. Yes, I got another one, but now my 12-year-old daughters are too tall for the backseat. It is way over-rated. Drum brakes.
I agree with you on the Ridgeline about everything except for buying American.

Jeep is owned by a foreign company and sources many of its parts from elsewhere. Including high value drivetrain components.

Honda USA is owned by a foreign company that sources the bulk of its parts from within the US. Including engines and transmissions. Honda actually has a foundry that casts engine blocks. Completed engines from Honda USA are exported all over the world.

A diesel Gladiator's engine and transmission are made in Italy. (Not 100% sure on where the tranny is made, but its not American. )

The Ridgeline has more American content than any Gladiator.

In fact the Ridgeline has the 6th most domestic content of ANY vehicle sold in the US.

https://www.cars.com/american-made-index/

Here is a press release with more details from Honda.
https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-c...erican-made-index-with-4-of-the-top-10-models
I am pro Gladiator - they are built in Ohio. Well, final assembly is in Ohio.

20+ years ago, when I ordered a Civic - I ensured the one I received was Ohio built.

Currently, (last year's data) the Tesla Model 3 and Model Y are the most American-made cars.

I try not to think about the corporate a-holes and who owns what. I am concerned about American jobs and decent wages going to American workers.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
MotorBiscuit: Consumer Reports and J.D. Power Agree on the Worst Midsize Truck.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-j-d-power-agree-worst-midsize-truck/

Only things I agree with in this article are the fuel efficiency should be better and the steering needs improvement as well. But I would never buy a Ridgeline, no matter how many great reviews it gets. I believe in buying American and nothing is as fun as a Jeep! 🇺🇸
Hey keep in mind this blog outfit is NOT recognized as a worth a shit group in any other mainstream auto media, or automotive publication. they are a group of failed college bloggers that make a living off trolling the industry. Be sure they’re here reading this and poking the companies they are trying to troll. I would not use an article from them printed on any paper to wipe with.
edit; spelling

OP
OP
Saharacane

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Dog Dad
Hey keep in mind this blog outfit is NOT recognized as a worth a shit group in any other mainstream auto media, or automotive publication. they are a group of failed college bloggers that make a living off trolling the industry. Be sure they’re here reading this and poking the companies they are trying to troll. I would not use an article from them printed on any paper to wipe with.
edit; spelling
So, what you're saying is that a site called, MOTORBISCUIT is not a reputable news source??? JK

All they're really doing is taking information from another source and making a half a$$ attempt at recycling it for clicks.
Who would do that???
Oh yeah, I did.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
No matter what angle you see my Mojave, it's still better looking and more Capable than any of those other cookie cutter trucks mentioned! I've heard "nice truck" from quite a few Chevy and Ford owners and I hadn't even removed the top and doors!
More people "rubber neck" as I drive my Mojave than almost any other vehicle I have ever owned. Can't argue with that! :turkey:
Sponsored