• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Considering selling my Gladiator Launch Edition

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Maybe this will make sense to you:
I happen to believe a limited edition Jeep should be handled with great care. It shouldn’t be driven 20,000+ miles per year, it shouldnt be parked out on the curb, and it shouldn’t be taken off road every weekend.
I also happen to believe that somewhere in this big world, there is someone with plenty of money who may want to add a limited edition Gladiator to their garage. I’d love for this vehicle to live a life of luxury.
Since the Launch Edition was limited to 4,190 and sold out on launch day, I decided to put it out to the universe that I am willing to part with mine if the right offer came along. I realize that it’s not likely and I knew that when I “put it out to the universe” I could be subject to ridicule but if, by some long-shot, I were to get $70k for my Launch Edition and buy a $55k Rubicon, the reward would be worth the risk and I would be happy.
If, as expected, I don’t sell this one, I’ll still be happy.
I like happiness and positivity.
If this is the case then why not just swap vehicles with someone with a loaded rubi or sell it for the price of a loaded rubi. 70k and used will never happen.
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Is this your first jeep? They make 58670 limited editions a year (Call of Duty, 75th, oscar mike, mickey mouse, full moon, Nancy Pelosi bowel movement, etc,) they are not worth diddly....as a matter of fact, they generally depreciate the hardest because people dont want them, and only buy them used at a discount, or at best, equal to a normal model. Colors can indeed fetch a few extra bucks (ie gecko, crush, commando, etc) because they are harder to come by and people want THAT color, but a LE? No chance.
All true but I would pay extra for that awesome limited edition "Dragon Edition" Jeep Wrangler. Be perfect for my pimp mobile. I'd probably put some 22's (spinners preferably) on it and make it a low rider. Maybe throw a little hydraulic action in on it as well.

OP
OP
Schlap

Schlap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition, 2015 JK, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 97 TJ Brute, 82 Scrambler
Thank you all for your feedback; especially the ones who did it respectfully.
It sounds like we all agree that there is a low probability that someone would want to buy my LE. I’m good with that.
Perhaps someone could answer this question for me: what do I have to lose?

wyodirt

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Secret stuff in secret locations
It sounds like we all agree that there is a low probability that someone would want to buy my LE. I’m good with that.
I respect your logic and am willing to part with my overland edition, it has a quite comfy interior for those daily commutes, but maybe just a little to plush for me. As this could be mutually beneficial, lets do a straight swap and send both of our trucks to happier places.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase

Dealer willing to give him MSRP, which was more than he paid, after 850 miles.

To all informed forum members, the general public is clueless. What that means is a huge number of folks that will buy these things will never, ever, come here to this or any other forum to get information on how to get a great deal or which options make the most sense. It is those folks car manufacturers love and dealerships welcome on to their lots.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
You definitely have nothing to lose. And, I am a capitalist so if you are trying to maneuver the markets to make a buck, more power to you ;) and I definitely understand. I just think that the LE is not that rare of a commodity not like a Ford GT or the Porsche Speedster... But, if you look hard enough and do your research there are plenty of cars where you can make your money on. One of my favorite cars (I have many faves LOL) is the early to mid 70s Mercedes 280SL Pagodas and I kid you not that I almost pulled the trigger in 2015 to get one and just drive maybe 1000 miles a year over the weekend and garage it. I had the money as well lying around for it and since I really didn't need the car I didn't bother to buy it for $38k (excellent condition but not mint) - now the same cars go for $80-$100k and they don't even have to be in mint condition... But, I invested that money in the stock market and made money anyways. Just giving you an example that it is possible to flip cars if you research the right classic/used car markets... Look at the 2014 FJ Cruiser or heck even a Jeep Wagoneer from the late 80s :).

In any case, good luck with your idea and hope it works out for you. I always appreciate out of the box ideas and don't pay attention to the haters and the nay sayers. Life is too short, keep on livin' the dream! :rock:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Dealer willing to give him MSRP, which was more than he paid, after 850 miles.

To all informed forum members, the general public is clueless. What that means is a huge number of folks that will buy these things will never, ever, come here to this or any other forum to get information on how to get a great deal or which options make the most sense. It is those folks car manufacturers love and dealerships welcome on to their lots.
I would not have expected anything less with him. His whole shtick is extremes of ups and downs with vehicles. Gets a little old after awhile.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Hey is this the thread Ole Fivers has been waiting on?

OP, go right on and beat that thing to death. I'm a buyer at 40K OTD.

735ab6874420d6c5a9f94ffe54f5e777.jpg

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-LaunchEdition-Badge.jpg

OP
OP
Schlap

Schlap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition, 2015 JK, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 97 TJ Brute, 82 Scrambler
I hit 500 miles today and I love this vehicle!
I haven’t pursued the sale idea any further than mentioning it here & ruffling some feathers in the process.
Like the guy in Sorbs’ video, I don’t care much for the crash avoidance. It has slowed way down when I was paying attention and felt I was far enough behind the car in front of me. It overruled my judgement, causing the car behind me to have to hit his brakes. I also don’t care much for the engine shutoff at traffic lights; I wish I didn’t have to push the button to turn it off every time I start the engine.
I’m not a fan of technology when it comes to Jeeps. My 2006 LJ has, in my opinion, the perfect amount of technology: 6-disc CD player, cruise control, and air conditioning.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I hit 500 miles today and I love this vehicle!
I haven’t pursued the sale idea any further than mentioning it here & ruffling some feathers in the process.
Like the guy in Sorbs’ video, I don’t care much for the crash avoidance. It has slowed way down when I was paying attention and felt I was far enough behind the car in front of me. It overruled my judgement, causing the car behind me to have to hit his brakes. I also don’t care much for the engine shutoff at traffic lights; I wish I didn’t have to push the button to turn it off every time I start the engine.
I’m not a fan of technology when it comes to Jeeps. My 2006 LJ has, in my opinion, the perfect amount of technology: 6-disc CD player, cruise control, and air conditioning.
https://superchips.com/pulsar-now-available-2020-jeep-gladiator-jt/

PCM piggyback; kills stop/start, speeds up throttle response and adds HP/TQ.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Is this your first jeep? They make 58670 limited editions a year (Call of Duty, 75th, oscar mike, mickey mouse, full moon, Nancy Pelosi bowel movement, etc,) they are not worth diddly....as a matter of fact, they generally depreciate the hardest because people dont want them, and only buy them used at a discount, or at best, equal to a normal model. Colors can indeed fetch a few extra bucks (ie gecko, crush, commando, etc) because they are harder to come by and people want THAT color, but a LE? No chance.
Special editions don't make a car worth more UNLESS there is performance upgrade such as dual exhaust, 4 sp trans, engine upgrade etc. Throwing some plastic badging on it and some other doo-dah rarely adds value. L88 engine in a Corvette, Pre '65 fuel injection in Corvette or Chevy sedan, Oldsmobile 442, 4 bbl carb, 4 spd trans and dual exhaust etc. Decals don't make a car worth more money!

You are hinting at $70k for an LE you paid MSRP or better for...what you have for sale is a USED JEEP and LE adds NOTHING to it's resale value today or tomorrow. You do KNOW that I can buy the same exact decals etc you have on the LE.

In 2002 I stopped off at a Jeep dealer to order a new Sahara and I remember telling the guy I have been buying Sahara Jeeps since '89 how about a color other than green or the gold thing, maybe yellow or red? No can't get even under special order. So I ordered a thing called a Rubicon, whatever the hell that was but it had D 44 axles, lockers and a 4:1 low transfer case. Turns out I was one of the first 50 individuals that ordered a Rubicon in the US...I got a call from a dealer in Houston, offered me $5000 over what I paid for it ( Family and Friends Invoice), I turned him down, even my own dealer offered me $3k over what I paid. It was the very first RUbicon delivered to the state of Texas. Dealers were getting MSRP++, today Rubicons bring a premium over other Jeeps, not for the decal, but for the performance enhancements they have. The LE adds nothing to its value, all the people that thought the LE was worth more have already bought one. When I ordered my Rubicon my dealer said you want an LE? No!

Sorry buddy, you got sucked in thinking you were special to get an LE. Reality is, Jeep would have made as many LE's as were ordered in the mfg window timeframe.

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
Special editions don't make a car worth more UNLESS there is performance upgrade such as dual exhaust, 4 sp trans, engine upgrade etc. Throwing some plastic badging on it and some other doo-dah rarely adds value. L88 engine in a Corvette, Pre '65 fuel injection in Corvette or Chevy sedan, Oldsmobile 442, 4 bbl carb, 4 spd trans and dual exhaust etc. Decals don't make a car worth more money!

You are hinting at $70k for an LE you paid MSRP or better for...what you have for sale is a USED JEEP and LE adds NOTHING to it's resale value today or tomorrow. You do KNOW that I can buy the same exact decals etc you have on the LE.

In 2002 I stopped off at a Jeep dealer to order a new Sahara and I remember telling the guy I have been buying Sahara Jeeps since '89 how about a color other than green or the gold thing, maybe yellow or red? No can't get even under special order. So I ordered a thing called a Rubicon, whatever the hell that was but it had D 44 axles, lockers and a 4:1 low transfer case. Turns out I was one of the first 50 individuals that ordered a Rubicon in the US...I got a call from a dealer in Houston, offered me $5000 over what I paid for it ( Family and Friends Invoice), I turned him down, even my own dealer offered me $3k over what I paid. It was the very first RUbicon delivered to the state of Texas. Dealers were getting MSRP++, today Rubicons bring a premium over other Jeeps, not for the decal, but for the performance enhancements they have. The LE adds nothing to its value, all the people that thought the LE was worth more have already bought one. When I ordered my Rubicon my dealer said you want an LE? No!

Sorry buddy, you got sucked in thinking you were special to get an LE. Reality is, Jeep would have made as many LE's as were ordered in the mfg window timeframe.
I beg to differ . To validate my argument I’ve been in the car business for over 14 years . And no it’s not just a sticker .

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I beg to differ . To validate my argument I’ve been in the car business for over 14 years . And no it’s not just a sticker .
"LAUNCH EDITION UPGRADES
Launch Edition Tailgate Badge (one of 4190) / 17x7.5-Inch Mid-Gloss Black Aluminum Wheels / Leather-Wrapped Instrument Panel with Rubicon Red Stitching"

https://www.jeep.com/gladiator/launch-edition.html

We already KNOW they made more than 4190 of them. Even after the close date my dealer called me and asked if I wanted to order one, I said no, nothing special there.

Today or tomorrow or next year the LE is not going to bring any additional money except at some car lot by a sales guy trying to convince some rube it's rare and worth more money...my '67 L88 Corvette was RARE, they only made 26 of them of course I did not know that at the time, I got one of the very first ones, got it in Sept IIRC of '66.

You want rare, here is RARE. First Rubicon delivered to Texas Aug '02, inside of the hood signed by Jeep marketing, mfg and the engineers that developed the Rubicon. THink it's worth more $$. NO, cool, neat but not worth more money!

P7070013.jpeg

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
If more than badging, what is it then? I have seen nothing on the LE's that cannot be spec and built by a custom order sans the badging.
Sponsored