Sponsored

Continuing the earned name of "Eco-Boom"?

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Jeep saves Chrysler/Dodge, if it weren’t for Jeep they’d prolly go bankrupt again
Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
The main problem with the Bronco is it is ugly. It will always be ugly.

Back in my Mustang/Corvette days I'd always hear about 'dude my friends modded Civic would roast you'. I never cared because Civics were ugly.

I like Ford products. The Bronco just sucks.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Ford was the only one of the US brands that hadn’t needed government bail outs
Yes. I almost brought this up earlier. They were the only one that didn’t take assistance after the crash in 08. They should have taken the assistance. Not doing so probably resulted in the cost-cutting and corner-cutting that gave us the modern Ford products.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Question. If you sold all of your Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep. Why are you still posting here? I got rid of my POS ford turd f250 yrs ago and never went back to the forum. I moved on.
No kidding. That and 50 vehicles in 10 years…unless there was a significant amount of business vehicle turnover, that’s an impressive level of vehicle ADD.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I almost brought this up earlier. They were the only one that didn’t take assistance after the crash in 08. They should have taken the assistance. Not doing so probably resulted in the cost-cutting and corner-cutting that gave us the modern Ford products.
They were never hurting in sales to do so

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Dozens of vehicles having an issue, really isn't an issue in the broad scheme of things. I'm sure you can find dozens of issues (major and minor) that JTs have had, that affected dozens of owners. That's what a warranty is there for. Yeah, you don't want to be the person that has to use the warranty, but it's a roll of the dice with any vehicle you buy, new or used. I know that this is the Gladiator echo chamber where I'm supposed to talk shit about Broncos too, but the 2 door Bronco sitting in our garage is a blast to drive, runs like a scalded dog, and 100x more comfortable that my JTR.

Oh yeah, and the only vehicles I would ever talk shit about are Camaros, Firebirds, and Corvettes. Working for corporate GM will teach you that.

Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Not trying to fan the fire on the whole bailout thing, but I thought Ford took TARP money from the Fed a little before crap hit the fan.

Not that it has anything to do with the original topic of the thread

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not completely sold on the Eco-Boost in any platform ... I have a buddy who is full on Ford guy ... while seeing him cycle through multiple 150's I have never seen him have any major issues, but while the Eco is impressive with its bottom end torque, from what I've witnessed it turns into a major gas hog when asking it to do any real work.

I was in a rental 150 when my Gladiator was in the shop after being hit ... it had a 5.0 and I was actually impressed with it. While the XLT itself was quite boring ... this motor I felt and ran well, had good power, and was pulling 24 mpg on the highway. The 10 spd trans was possessed, which IMO was a product of how Ford has it programmed. It's also my opinion that Ford (and now other manufactures) are going a bit far with their micro-displacement power plants and then winding the crap out of them to bridge the power gap. These platforms, like others, are becoming so extremely complicated which can lean towards more catastrophic failures and god forbid you throw in a supply chain shortage behind that ....

To each their own I guess .... Meh

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
I know that this is the Gladiator echo chamber where I'm supposed to talk shit about Broncos too, but the 2 door Bronco sitting in our garage is a blast to drive, runs like a scalded dog, and 100x more comfortable that my JTR.
I believe you, in a LOT of ways our Jeeps are still old tech and design. Even my 16 yr old Xterra tracks better down the highway and in a lot of ways more composed when pushed hard. So is the Bronco I'm sure. I gravitated to the JTR only because of the offroad capability, plus the more ways you can use it for travels, camping, etc. more so than the Wrangler.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Would like to point out that Ford was ranked below Chrysler in latest ranking from consumer reports, and Lincoln came in last place. In 2020 Ford was 28th out of 31 so no, Ford is not known for major reliability in new vehicles. The Ford of this decade is not the Ford of the late 90s and early 2000s, they are instead well known for racing to the bottom with low cost bidders and suppliers.
JD Power puts Ford just slightly above average.

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2022-us-vehicle-dependability-study

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I believe you, in a LOT of ways our Jeeps are still old tech and design. Even my 16 yr old Xterra tracks better down the highway and in a lot of ways more composed when pushed hard. So is the Bronco I'm sure. I gravitated to the JTR only because of the offroad capability, plus the more ways you can use it for travels, camping, etc. more so than the Wrangler.
Agree 100%. I bought the JTR because I enjoyed my previous Wrangler, needed to stay in a truck, and it was the best deal at the time for a 4wd. I'm also someone that is always customizing, so the JTR really made sense for me. It really is a blast to own, and I totally dig mine, but I wouldn't likely buy another one unless there are some significant improvements.
Sponsored