Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
I got the Rustys frame side skids and the RockHard control arms skids installed today. I too had to elongate the front hole in the Rustys. I tried the method others had mentioned but it wasn't even close. All the RH skids went on easily, my only complaint is that they didn't supply a longer shock bolt. Both these companies can see the issues with their products have been going on for a year or more but haven't corrected anything. Thats a little frustrating but I am glad to have the protection now.
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
an aluminum skid on a high susceptible place would be ideal so it isn't in need of constant repaint and rust prone

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I got the Rustys frame side skids and the RockHard control arms skids installed today. I too had to elongate the front hole in the Rustys. I tried the method others had mentioned but it wasn't even close. All the RH skids went on easily, my only complaint is that they didn't supply a longer shock bolt. Both these companies can see the issues with their products have been going on for a year or more but haven't corrected anything. Thats a little frustrating but I am glad to have the protection now.
Do you happen to remember the specs for longer shock bolt you needed? I would like to pick up the hardware ahead of time.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I bought from True Value Hardware 9/16" by 3 1/2" grade 8 bolts, nuts and lock washers for the shock skid plates. I also use Loctite. Rock Hard provide the hardware for the LCA skids.
Sponsored

Last edited: