Cooler doesnt fit with tonneau cover

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
I just want to vent, they should of made the bed a little taller, it doesnt fit most coolers, I have a kenai 65 and a yeti 45, they dont fit with the tonneau cover on, so annoyed. Do other pickups have this little issue? I carry a lot of fishing and beach stuff so the tonneau has to stay. I think ill buy extension straps for the buckles so I can at least fold one section and secure it. weird to have a pickup with a cooler that doesnt fit
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
may want to post what tonneau cover you have (some are flush to the top of the bed and some sit overtop the bed sides), maybe a pic, and your rough bed to tonneau clearance dimension so people can make recommendations.

OP
OP
Brojave22

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
may want to post what tonneau cover you have (some are flush to the top of the bed and some sit overtop the bed sides), maybe a pic, and your rough bed to tonneau clearance dimension so people can make recommendations.
Rough country tonneau cover, sorry says RC tonneau in signature, It is flush to the top, kanei cooler is 17.5 inches tall, I appreciate the initail response to help but just wanting to vent, its the only thing I dont like about the JT. My solution will be a smaller cooler for now or the extension straps, this tonneau is going to have to stay because I think if I buy another thing for the JT I'll be single lol

suchacrisis

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys Gladiator
I just want to vent, they should of made the bed a little taller, it doesnt fit most coolers, I have a kenai 65 and a yeti 45, they dont fit with the tonneau cover on, so annoyed. Do other pickups have this little issue? I carry a lot of fishing and beach stuff so the tonneau has to stay. I think ill buy extension straps for the buckles so I can at least fold one section and secure it. weird to have a pickup with a cooler that doesnt fit

full size pickups have deeper beds. Looks like the Gladiator is 17.4 inches, so obviously anything taller than that is gunna stick out.

Soft topper seems like a good recommendation for your use case.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Those damn Bastidz didn’t check with you before making their bed

You still have options.
-Put the cooler in / on back seat.
-Get a different cooler
maybe a soft side.
-You didn’t get the cover that best fit your needs. Sell it and try again now that you better know what your needs are.

Maybe opt in for a Honda Ridgeline. I think they thought of your cooler requirements in that they have a false floor
I think.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brojave22

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
Those damn Bastidz didn’t check with you before making their bed

You still have options.
-Put the cooler in / on back seat.
-Get a different cooler
maybe a soft side.
-You didn’t get the cover that best fit your needs. Sell it and try again now that you better know what your needs are.

Maybe opt in for a Honda Ridgeline. I think they thought of your cooler requirements in that they have a false floor
I think.
yeah, honda ridgeline it is, not only did not they check with me they didnt check if the average cooler would fit

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Check out the snomaster. They make a low profile fridge freezer.
Sorry it's 18.5"

OP
OP
Brojave22

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
Check out the snomaster. They make a low profile fridge freezer.
Sorry it's 18.5"
Im glad I didnt buy a frideg/freezer that didnt fit, just old coolers that sit in the garage for parties now

OP
OP
Brojave22

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
Yeah, the bed in my Canyon was a couple inches taller and longer. Both made a difference. Especially, the height.

That’s what she said

yeah just not something I was thinking of when buying the JT, never would of guessed the cooler didnt fit with a cover

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
yeah just not something I was thinking of when buying the JT, never would of guessed the cooler didnt fit with a cover
I had read it and I wasn’t happy about it, but I bought it anyway. I think it has something to do with the bed being up so high for off-road clearance. Maybe they couldn’t make it look right if it was higher. The Tacoma has a short shallow bed also. I don’t know why anyone buys one of those other than resale value. They drive like garbage and aren’t comfortable and the infotainment is garbage. I was planning on buying one till I drove one. I ended up buying a 17 Canyon instead because it drove fantastic in comparison.

OP
OP
Brojave22

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
I had read it and I wasn’t happy about it, but I bought it anyway. I think it has something to do with the bed being up so high for off-road clearance. Maybe they couldn’t make it look right if it was higher. The Tacoma has a short shallow bed also. I don’t know why anyone buys one of those other than resale value. They drive like garbage and aren’t comfortable and the infotainment is garbage. I was planning on buying one till I drove one. I ended up buying a 17 Canyon instead because it drove fantastic in comparison.
i was inbetween the tacoma trd pro, JT mojave and colorado AEV, I liked the suspension on the Jt and customazation options, The tacoma did drive like shit and the youre right the infotainamnt hasnt changed in years. I rented a canyon once, I really liked it too, almost got the colorado but wasnt sure about there new suspension system.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
i was inbetween the tacoma trd pro, JT mojave and colorado AEV, I liked the suspension on the Jt and customazation options, The tacoma did drive like shit and the youre right the infotainamnt hasnt changed in years. I rented a canyon once, I really liked it too, almost got the colorado but wasnt sure about there new suspension system.
The dssv shocks are actually a lot better than the Mohave. They last a lot longer at least. My Canyon did almost everything better on paper than my Gladiator, and it was a lot cheaper, but it didn’t have that X factor. The Gladiator is just cooler.
Sponsored