Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Great idea. Bound to be an option and not the standard anyways so everyone who still finds joy in unbolting and lugging 70lbs worth of roof can still do so
Heck even if it becomes the default, point those people to me and we can make a swap. I'll drive.
Sponsored

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sport, 1976 VW poptop
I could see this being useful if, like me, you live in thunderstorm country. Maybe the weather's dicey while you're at work but then you want your top off on the ride home, for example.

Depending on how the final product turns out (assuming it becomes reality), I could see actually considering a hard top, which I have not done so far.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
My concern is, with all those seals there are more opportunities of water incursion.

Last edited:

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
If only there were a bed rack option that turned the hard top into a pseodo bed cap. 🤔. But I agree and wish the back had freedom panels as well.

Sponsored

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
It also makes it so you can run a safari style hardtop if the rear quarter panels and rear glass panel can come part. Assuming there are attachment points to secure the top panels only to the roll bars in this situation.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If this becomes available I'd be all over it. On days I work this would be perfect for those chilly mornings when it's 33° in the morning and then gets up to 80° in the evening on the ride home. It would be perfect for October, November and December weather in North Carolina.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Yeah it's so awesome...hopefully they do it and make it work with all Gladiators. I'd pay 2k for that rear in a heartbeat.
Same.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I could see this being useful if, like me, you live in thunderstorm country. Maybe the weather's dicey while you're at work but then you want your top off on the ride home, for example.

Depending on how the final product turns out (assuming it becomes reality), I could see actually considering a hard top, which I have not done so far.
Exactly. If I wasn’t dead set on a camper shell, I’d consider that option. Unless I’m local (can dash home to put the panels on) I won’t leave home without them. Too many pop-up storms in my area in the afternoon during the spring and summer to risk it (to me).

Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I've always considered the top not being modular a design flaw. It seems so obvious that the top should come off in three pieces and the back window/wraparound part should be a separate peace. I would love to be able to drive around with what is essentially a hard bikini top.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I've always considered the top not being modular a design flaw. It seems so obvious that the top should come off in three pieces and the back window/wraparound part should be a separate peace. I would love to be able to drive around with what is essentially a hard bikini top.
Freedom panels only is pretty solid in the front seats. I put the back seat down and with the windows up it’s not bad except in heavy rain.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
That would be amazing. If it comes to pass, hopefully it will be compatible with earlier Gladiators.
It should be because there’s literally no change from earlier models to now

DavdZ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2016 Ural 2008 Mercury Mariner
If you never use the truck bed for anything, or don't want to lift just the rear part of the cover to access something in the bed (which you'd never be doing anyway as the top would take up the bulk of the bed)
Cool, but makes it less usable as a real truck.
And I have to wonder about the rear piece now being 4 pieces.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
3 panels as in the patent illustration or 4 panels like the bronco, and a retractable rear window… all good ideas. How hard would it be for someone to design a panel mount that attaches above any tonneau cover, hard or soft. The whole point is to be flexible. Take it off as you see fit and have a place to store it when you do. Surprised no one has created a freedom panel rack for over the tonneau by now!
Sponsored