First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Rear axle of the older HiLux is the same as the 60/70 series Land Cruisers. They are Toyota made, stupid thick and tough. The Hilux like the original Toyota truck, pre tacoma, used to have solid front axles as well but for a very short time. HiLux and Tacoma share very little, even to today. Newer model axles I am not sure on the axles.

Diesels too. Older would run forever but there are some ones that grenade if not perfectly cared for.

As for a Toyota truck that you can catch on fire, put it out and it will still run, 70 series.
Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
A TRD Pro is just a regular Tacoma with low end Fox shocks and some flash
I know, I have one and ordered a Gladiator.

OP
OP
Dadiator21

Dadiator21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Glidator Mojave
Occupation
FA
For anyone interested, “Test #3” is by far the most impressive video. Unreal that truck keeps on performing…especially after the initial abuse.

I get the low payload capacity and would take my Gladiator over a Hilux any day…but it makes me curiously optimistic on just how well my Gladiator would perform if pushed beyond it’s stated limits. I want to believe it’s that tough but as other posters have mentioned… Everything breaks and even the toughest rigs have their bad days!

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I was just looking through off-roading videos on You YouTube and somehow found myself watching the most ridiculous vehicle "test" I've witnessed...quite entering and cringe worthy at the same time.

I'll say I'm glad it's NOT a gladiator, but it would be interesting to see how it held up!

Ridiculous.

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
I pulled a fully loaded Semi 40k lbs with my F350.

Anything can do anything until it breaks.
Ex Tractor Trailer Driver here. In most states, a fully loaded tractor trailer including the truck and trailer grosses out at 80,000 lbs. Some states have higher limits, like Michigan. (Or it did back in the 1990's. Therefore, Your F350 is quite a beast.
Sponsored