Sponsored

Current color availability

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
The last time I ordered a Jeep (a 2016 JKUR for my wife), we went in wanting a very specific color. We learned at that time that Jeep rotates through color production and availability, and while some colors are always available (the standard shades of white to black and red, IIRC), the good colors rotate throughout the year. I'm getting ready to order my JTR, but I'm willing to wait if a good color isn't available. The point of this thread is to get information from anyone in the know about either what the color availability schedule is for the current model year, or, failing that, what is available right now. If you have this information, please chime in.
Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Gecko green is rumored to be available next month. Speculation that Bikini is coming soon from a current commercial. But that is still up for debate. Beyond that it's wait and see until the 2022 order guide gets released.

Reactions: mog

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have been holding out for the '22 order guide. I am hoping for Anvil to make a reappearance, and since they're currently doing it on Power Wagon I think it's possible.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Gecko green is rumored to be available next month. Speculation that Bikini is coming soon from a current commercial. But that is still up for debate. Beyond that it's wait and see until the 2022 order guide gets released.
Meh I saw the commercial, that's definitely hydro blue.

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The last time I ordered a Jeep (a 2016 JKUR for my wife), we went in wanting a very specific color. We learned at that time that Jeep rotates through color production and availability, and while some colors are always available (the standard shades of white to black and red, IIRC), the good colors rotate throughout the year. I'm getting ready to order my JTR, but I'm willing to wait if a good color isn't available. The point of this thread is to get information from anyone in the know about either what the color availability schedule is for the current model year, or, failing that, what is available right now. If you have this information, please chime in.
You're checking at the wrong time of year unfortunately. At the start of the model year (July/August time frame) Jeep will normally show all of the colors available for that model year. Not all of them are available for all months of the model year, but you atleast know what should be coming eventually.

For example in the 2021MY catalog we knew we would get Sarge, Nacho and Gecko, but Nacho was only available for a few months, Sarge was available starting in December and still is, and Gecko hasn't been available yet so we assume it is in May or June (the last 2 months of the model year).

I wouldn't expect any additional colors for 2021 model year aside from Gecko, you'll have to wait until the 2022MY guide comes out to see what will be coming from August 2021 - June 2022.

Reactions: mog

Sponsored

OP
OP

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Is there a regular schedule for when and how they march out the special colors? I know the MY availability aspect, what I don't know is the schedule or how to know the schedule.

Good to know that Sarge is the current special color. That's one I'm particularly interested in. Gecko is a bit much for me. I want an actual not-red color, but I like to steer of the "safety" end of the spectrum.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
There is no schedule, there are trends sometimes.

I watched the Gladiator colors and models/sub models for a year+. Some colors only run for a few months and end up with very limited production.

They dropped two very popular colors, gobi and gator and introduced the willys sub model; so you may have to pick which is more important to you... but if you are in a position to order or buy and the color, model, specs you are wanting is available I wouldn’t wait (which is probably why they do this to us). đŸ€”đŸ˜€

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Is there a regular schedule for when and how they march out the special colors? I know the MY availability aspect, what I don't know is the schedule or how to know the schedule.

Good to know that Sarge is the current special color. That's one I'm particularly interested in. Gecko is a bit much for me. I want an actual not-red color, but I like to steer of the "safety" end of the spectrum.
Nope, Jeep is fickle and will have 3 special colors one month and then cancel 2 of them the next month. So some years colors can only be ordered for 30 days. The colors come and go with the monthly order guide. The order guide for May might add Gecko and keep Sarge, or Sarge could disappear and no longer be available. There’s no sure thing that any of the limited colors will come back for another month so it’s annoying waiting for a better color and your 2nd favorite color is cancelled.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
They dropped two very popular colors, gobi and gator . đŸ€”đŸ˜€
Both colors seemed like they were very popular and played to the specific qualities of the Gladiator. Made little sense. Hopefully another low-vis color is coming to join Sarge soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
If MY22 starts in August, when do they announce any expected changes beyond colors? Is MY22 expected to be a mid-cycle refresh year? I'm not yet familiar with Jeep's product cycles. 2/4 is a pretty common spread.

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
If MY22 starts in August, when do they announce any expected changes beyond colors? Is MY22 expected to be a mid-cycle refresh year? I'm not yet familiar with Jeep's product cycles. 2/4 is a pretty common spread.
Jeep won't announce anything official until the last minute to keep from cannibalizing sales of what they have on the lot. We might get inside info here or other places before then, but I wouldn't count on it.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
2023 is the refresh year. Gladiator update is expected then, as well as a refresh for Ram 1500 DT platform which was new for 2019, and the Ram 2500/3500 is finally expected to become new.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Jeep Wrangler specifically models run long vs other cars between major changes.... 10-11 years. They do refresh from time to time but nothing like other manufactures/models where there is a formula or small changes every model year etc.... jeep doesnt / or doesn’t have to do that.

The jk ran from 2007-2018
And I believe the tj, yj, & CJ had similar durations
Not that it wouldn’t change if they needed to, but it just hasn’t been the case

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Jeep Wrangler specifically models run long vs other cars between major changes.... 10-11 years. They do refresh from time to time but nothing like other manufactures/models where there is a formula or small changes every model year etc.... jeep doesnt / or doesn’t have to do that.

The jk ran from 2007-2018
And I believe the tj, yj, & CJ had similar durations
Not that it wouldn’t change if they needed to, but it just hasn’t been the case

Buuuuut.... Like it or not this is just the way it is. And has to be said. The upcoming Bronco is probably going to cause Jeep to do some substantial changes sooner than later to keep up. Yes I know opinions vary on the Bronco. (Personally I love it) But Ford has done some things with the Bronco that I'm sure has made Jeep stand up and take notice. Keep up and stay relevant. Or stay as you are and get left behind.
Sponsored