Sponsored

Current opinion of the Bronco?

What do you think of the Bronco in person?

• Total voters

Zswickliffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
I think the 4 doors look weird, but the 2 doors look awesome. I don't really have a use for a 2 door since having kids. I've been keeping up on the bronco forum on the reservation bs, Ford lies and deceit, POS dealer adm and tricks, and it being a Ford in general have turned me off
JT launch was similar. Imagine if they had the same volume to deal with too.
Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
I have a Ford Fiesta ST that's force induction EcoBoost. It's such a great car, but I much prefer naturally aspirated power. It was ultimately why I didn't get a Raptor and also why I wouldn't get a Bronco. I understand the value of turbos, ability to tune, more power, more torque, etc... I just prefer NA engines.

I was a fan of all the press on the Bronco and I continue to be glad Ford is producing a Wrangler competitor. I like the competition in the segment as long as it doesn't drive meaningless change.

Of the Broncos I've seen, however, I didn't love them. I haven't even sat in one and I love boxy vehicles, but something seems off visually in-person. Maybe I need a close-up experience.

Ultimately, I'm undecided. I liked them more before they actually started delivering. Need to spend time in one to truly decide.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
From certain angles, namely the rear 3/4 I think it looks good. Overall though they look really big and boxy and a bit disproportionate. With bigger tires and a lift they look decent but I thought I'd love them more than I do.

In this picture I took it just looks kind of goofy to me. That cyber orange is fire though, would love it on a jeep

Jeep Gladiator Current opinion of the Bronco? PXL_20211014_184342902.MP

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Considered one for the wife but with the shotty launch, a few issues and dealer mark ups, piss on it. We ordered a trusty 4Runner today at msrp. 3-4 months vs 12 months for a questionable quality bronco

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I finally - FINALLY ! saw one in the wild yesterday. It looked fine, but it's such a unicorn around here, I don't think it's even worth the curiosity to see it up close and personal.

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
some of the features are pretty blatant that they copied jeep,especially on the wheels

Darrin NC

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Rav 4 Highlander, Corolla XSE
Occupation
self
Look good but much roomier than a Jeep. Tons of legroom

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
48DD74BF-E9FF-49AB-9223-A30B35701ED2.jpeg
378A0136-C685-4DF7-BF88-B3F92DF6A144.jpeg
D1DC1FBF-6F86-4806-90F7-3B7DCEA4AD79.jpeg

They absolutely need the bigger tires. Stock lower trims look awkward. Ford also had the benefit to see where Jeep was lacking and correcting. (Not that Jeep doesn’t have these same notes).

But my favorite part of the Bronco is that it brought factory 35” and V8 options to the Wrangler.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ResurrectionManNH

ResurrectionManNH

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JT
Occupation
Defense Contractor
But my favorite part of the Bronco is that it brought factory 35” and V8 options to the Wrangler.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
I’m not kept captive by any auto maker and like a friend once said, he’s as loyal to a company as they are to him. So, I agree with that with auto companies and until a brand bends over backwards to earn my loyalty, I’m a Customer who has to take care of me first. That said, I’m happy with my JT enough that I’ve ordered a second. As for the Bronco, I think the larger versions looks good, but I haven’t seen them up close for any length of time. However, no matter how good they look, I would not risk owning one right now, because with all the parts shortages there is a risk that I could be left stranded with a long wait if say I get in an accident and it needs to go in the shop. I’ve heard horror stories about people that have suffered in that very scenario in a launch year, not to mention our current supply chain woes. Then, add on top of that first year glitches and I know that I just wouldn’t be happy with the purchase as it would become an unenjoyable hassle if that became my reality.
Still, I think it’s great for both camps and it’s undeniable that Jeep Execs have to be on the edge of their seats trying to make sure they are doing all they can to bring strong product offerings to their customer base. For fact, I’ve read stories about manufacturers who had a great new development, but intentionally sat on it just to keep something in their back pocket for when a competitor became a strategic risk. So, sad to know that Mfgrs play that game, but it’s a reality that secret weapons may only be brought out when needed to stay relevant. Just consider that Jeep started to develop the concept of a truck all the way back in 2004. Seriously?!
Look, I’m not so impetuous to think things should be unreasonably rushed, but we did put a man on the moon way back in 1969; so, a company that takes near 16 years to RE-introduce a truck to their brand may just be holding back a bit too much. So, Jeep and Bronco, what else you got for us?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have driven 2 of them. A 2 door and a 4 door. They drive great. Better on the street than any Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator.

The interior while roomier than the Wrangler or Gladiator does not feel like it is of as good a quality.

The motor choices, while fewer than the Jeep, I think hits the sweet spot where most people want to be with the V6 at about 320 hp and 400 ft-lbs of torque. The 392 is a beast, but there is nothing between it and the Pentastar really. Though the 4xe does, its different.

In the end, I'm getting a gladiator because I wanted the versatility of a pickup more than I wanted the newness of the Bronco. That and over the last few months, the looks of the Jeep have grown on me while the looks of the Bronco have kind of faded for me.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
We did an early order for the wife and we are expecting it to show up Nov/Dec because of the hardtop delay. I’ll be super stoked to have the JTR and a Bronco in the driveway!

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I have driven 2 of them. A 2 door and a 4 door. They drive great. Better on the street than any Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator.

The interior while roomier than the Wrangler or Gladiator does not feel like it is of as good a quality.

The motor choices, while fewer than the Jeep, I think hits the sweet spot where most people want to be with the V6 at about 320 hp and 400 ft-lbs of torque. The 392 is a beast, but there is nothing between it and the Pentastar really. Though the 4xe does, its different.

In the end, I'm getting a gladiator because I wanted the versatility of a pickup more than I wanted the newness of the Bronco. That and over the last few months, the looks of the Jeep have grown on me while the looks of the Bronco have kind of faded for me.
I'd be shocked if it drove better than my wife's new 4xe. That heavy jeep with the cg so low because of the batteries drove better than even her Acura. Not sure if it's the weight or what but seriously if I didn't know it was sfa with a recirculating ball no way I'd believe it.
Sponsored