Curt Spectrum

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Curious if anyone else has experienced this. When the brake pedal is pushed I get the 2 blue lights on the dial, first and last lights, then on random occasions I will get a different light staying on when brake pedal is released. Random spot and color and not all the time. Tap the pedal and it disappears.
Ideas?
Sponsored

Gladiator_AJ

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
My spectrum does the exact same thing.

For the two blue lights: the manual states that those lights are just showing a brake signal is received by the controller, but there is no trailer connected. It will turn on those blue lights every time you press the brakes without a trailer on. (If it does that while you are towing, it means that your trailer has become unplugged!)

And never while towing, but randomly a different colored single** LED lights up. As you said, different spot, different colour. (**mentioning single LEDs as I know the manual says that 2 LEDs lighting up are there to show errors, with no mention of a single LED)

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Just got off of the phone with Curt and the single light has to do with the box doing a self check for trailer detection and since no trailer, it in a since is getting confused and will leave that random light on. Causes no safety issues and only is an annoyance. They are seeing that with the newer vehicles and randomly are doing it.
They are sending me a new box that has and update in to prevent the single light. Once I get it and installed I will update this thread.
So far very pleased with the support and customer care from Curt.

Gladiator_AJ

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Just got off of the phone with Curt and the single light has to do with the box doing a self check for trailer detection and since no trailer, it in a since is getting confused and will leave that random light on. Causes no safety issues and only is an annoyance. They are seeing that with the newer vehicles and randomly are doing it.
They are sending me a new box that has and update in to prevent the single light. Once I get it and installed I will update this thread.
So far very pleased with the support and customer care from Curt.
Oh awesome, thanks for the update! I might have to reach out to Curt.

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Quick update since installing the replacement controller. Have not had any random lights after releasing the brake pedal so appears the updated controller fixed the issue. Great customer service from Curt.

Sponsored

DesertShot

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon JT (White)
Quick update since installing the replacement controller. Have not had any random lights after releasing the brake pedal so appears the updated controller fixed the issue. Great customer service from Curt.
Can you still confirm that you no longer have any stuck LEDs? I have my original spectrum built in 7/20, and it's warranty replacement built in 4/21, and they both still have the stuck LED issue. In the latest email, Curt told me it is "normal" and apologized to me.

I would like to tell this guy that it is not normal, if other have indeed found the issue fixed.

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Can you still confirm that you no longer have any stuck LEDs? I have my original spectrum built in 7/20, and it's warranty replacement built in 4/21, and they both still have the stuck LED issue. In the latest email, Curt told me it is "normal" and apologized to me.

I would like to tell this guy that it is not normal, if other have indeed found the issue fixed.
Mine continues to work without issue. No LED's stuck on.
Hope you get it resolved. I know it does not effect the function of the controller, but it ain't right and rather annoying having those lights on. Plus you continue to wonder if it really working or not.

DesertShot

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon JT (White)
Thanks for the response. I just sent in another email, and hopefully will get a working replacement.

It just isn't right. I think the leds are a little too bright already, adjusted all the way down. That's a little bothersome. The LEDs sticking and forcing me to continually tap the brakes, particularly at night, puts the issue over the edge for me.
Sponsored