Custom graphics for my Mojave!

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
Some may have seen the gator and lizard graphics I designed quite some time ago.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/custom-graphics-for-my-future-jt.24521/
Back then I was still planning to get a Rubicon. When I was finally ready to purchase, I chose the Mojave and I absolutely LOVE IT! As a graphic designer, I wanted to come up with some custom graphics to make my JT unique. I named my old YJ Lagarto (Spanish for lizard) and it had some custom graphics on it. I considered going with Lagarto for my JT as well. I also toyed around with an alligator theme, since I always planned to go with gator clear coat. Over the past 3 months, I have tried several different looks. I think I've finally landed on the one I like the most.

Because the Mojave is the desert runner, I felt it appropriate to stick with something within the desert theme. I chose to go with the appropriately named desert native Mojave Rattlesnake design. The Mojave Rattlesnake is the world's most venomous rattlesnake. So here's what I've come up with. I welcome any thoughts, feedback, etc.

I came up with a primary and a secondary graphic that could be used in different locations on the vehicle.

This is the primary graphic:
Mojave_primary_wm.jpg

This is the secondary graphic:
Mojave_secondary_wm.jpg

Here is a rendering of where the graphics would be placed on the vehicle:
Mojave_truck_wm.jpg

These are close-ups to show the details:
Mojave_truck_front_wm.jpg

Mojave_truck_rear_wm.jpg

EDIT: Hood graphic added:
Mojave_hood.jpg

EDIT: Tailgate graphic added:
Mojave_tailgate.jpg

Felt like the dash needed something to tie the interior to the exterior:
Mojave_dash.jpg

That should be everything. I'm very happy with how they've all turned out. I'll post pics once I get this all done. Hoping the actual graphics turn out as well as the rendering. Stay tuned!
That looks almost factory. Up until like 4 weeks ago I would have looked at that and thought it was an option to order like that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
That looks almost factory. Up until like 4 weeks ago I would have looked at that and thought it was an option to order like that.
That’s quite a compliment. Thank you! That was my intention. To make it look as official as possible.

watersock

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator, 2019 jeep jk chief, 1979 ford bron
Occupation
sales
What font is the MOJAVE logo? How did you find it?

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
What font is the MOJAVE logo? How did you find it?
I recreated it. I did rubbings of the letter, scanned those rubbings in the computer and traced them digitally. I’m quite sure it’s a custom font created by/for Jeep.

Sponsored

Seabee CMC

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
RN with Dept of VA
This is the thread I was looking for with all your designs. Would like to have anyone of these designs even though my wife hates snakes. You have a real talent, I'll keep a watch to see if they become available.

Roklimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green Mojave
Some may have seen the gator and lizard graphics I designed quite some time ago.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/custom-graphics-for-my-future-jt.24521/
Back then I was still planning to get a Rubicon. When I was finally ready to purchase, I chose the Mojave and I absolutely LOVE IT! As a graphic designer, I wanted to come up with some custom graphics to make my JT unique. I named my old YJ Lagarto (Spanish for lizard) and it had some custom graphics on it. I considered going with Lagarto for my JT as well. I also toyed around with an alligator theme, since I always planned to go with gator clear coat. Over the past 3 months, I have tried several different looks. I think I've finally landed on the one I like the most.

Because the Mojave is the desert runner, I felt it appropriate to stick with something within the desert theme. I chose to go with the appropriately named desert native Mojave Rattlesnake design. The Mojave Rattlesnake is the world's most venomous rattlesnake. So here's what I've come up with. I welcome any thoughts, feedback, etc.

I came up with a primary and a secondary graphic that could be used in different locations on the vehicle.

This is the primary graphic:
Mojave_primary_wm.jpg

This is the secondary graphic:
Mojave_secondary_wm.jpg

Here is a rendering of where the graphics would be placed on the vehicle:
Mojave_truck_wm.jpg

These are close-ups to show the details:
Mojave_truck_front_wm.jpg

Mojave_truck_rear_wm.jpg

EDIT: Hood graphic added:
Mojave_hood.jpg

EDIT: Tailgate graphic added:
Mojave_tailgate.jpg

Felt like the dash needed something to tie the interior to the exterior:
Mojave_dash.jpg

That should be everything. I'm very happy with how they've all turned out. I'll post pics once I get this all done. Hoping the actual graphics turn out as well as the rendering. Stay tuned!
Killer design. Love them all.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I’m interested too. Very cool design!

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
So what ever happened with all of this? Did PixelDecals do them for you? Have you got pics of them installed? I'm fixing to order the tailgate blackout and a hood blackout but want to get them in a matte black topo with the Mojave orange outline.
Where to get it all???

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I am thinking that Jeep holds a trademark on the font or design of the "Mojave" hood decal. I am not interested in the snake but am very interested in the dash decal. I have reached out to various custom decal companies to make a small (5") version of the hood decal for my dash.

All I hear is the sound of crickets. 🦗

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
So what ever happened with all of this? Did PixelDecals do them for you? Have you got pics of them installed? I'm fixing to order the tailgate blackout and a hood blackout but want to get them in a matte black topo with the Mojave orange outline.
Where to get it all???
I have been in touch with Brendan at L&B Designworks. He has created a factory looking Mojave dash panel decal (without snake) for us JTM owners. I ordered mine today!

https://store.lbdesignworks.com/products/5-wide-mojave-decal-badge
Sponsored