Sponsored

Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires.

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
I run these permanently and I prefer them. I know if I get in a tight squeeze they may get ripped off but I'd rather not have my tires throwing rocks at cars on the road. Call me a nerd, I can take it. Just don't call me a Mall Crawler! Easy install and easy removal.
What brand are they??
Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
Me and my friends attended the four wheel and off-road jamboree in Bloomsburg Pennsylvania every year. In the beginning it was fun. Then the police figured out it was easy pickings. All the cops / state police would sit around the entrance and just wait for you to pull up with your lifted truck and issue big tickets , tow aways , etc.. People would drive from other states where their trucks were legal and they would turn them around. I don’t even know if that’s legal. But it sure felt wrong. was so awful and so un-American. We weren’t bothering anybody. Driving trucks around in the field. Anyway, never attended that event again and try to stay out of that place as much as possible. never ever witnessed anything like that out west. Nobody’s gonna tell me any different because I saw with my own eyes.

DropW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Kia Sephia , 2007 Vulcan 900
These are the associated fees from 2013 . I don't know if they have been updated in the past 7 years or not . But I did find this link on google : https://www.courts.state.md.us/sites/default/files/import/district/forms/criminal/dccr90public.pdf

If you scroll down to TA-23-104, fee is 70 dollars (at least it was in 2013) and at top of PDF is "Preset fine amounts for all violations in this book include a Special Funds surcharge of $7.50. "

In the Wrangler forums, they posted it might be a "Door Handles" issue under that code .... I haven't found anything concrete on it on the web though .

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Just as an FYI you can get a ticket for no side mirrors in NC. You need at least a driver side mirror.
I was told by a state trooper as long as you have a rear view mirror they want mess with you but technically you do need one driver side mirror. Based on the amount of cops in Jeepers United that ride around with no doors and no mirrors I think we are safe. Also based on other things people drive on the streets in NC and don't get tickets I'm pretty sure we ain't getting no ticket for not having mirrors.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Me and my friends attended the four wheel and off-road jamboree in Bloomsburg Pennsylvania every year. In the beginning it was fun. Then the police figured out it was easy pickings. All the cops / state police would sit around the entrance and just wait for you to pull up with your lifted truck and issue big tickets , tow aways , etc.. People would drive from other states where their trucks were legal and they would turn them around. I don’t even know if that’s legal. But it sure felt wrong. was so awful and so un-American. We weren’t bothering anybody. Driving trucks around in the field. Anyway, never attended that event again and try to stay out of that place as much as possible. never ever witnessed anything like that out west. Nobody’s gonna tell me any different because I saw with my own eyes.
I heard the same thing about that same event from some guys up in PA when I was up there. They said the state boys had field day out there issuing fines. Pretty much a money gimmick, they don't got better things to do or other crime to deal up there than mess with a bunch folks just out having some harmless fun.

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Flexy Flares, got them from LowRange Off-Road 4 1/4" under mount,
I pulled out the fender liners from my stock rubicon flares and put in steel liners. I bet this option gets screwed into the black plastic I pulled out doesn’t it.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled out the fender liners from my stock rubicon flares and put in steel liners. I bet this option gets screwed into the black plastic I pulled out doesn’t it.
Yep that‘s how mine are attached.

Last edited:

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I was told by a state trooper as long as you have a rear view mirror they want mess with you but technically you do need one driver side mirror. Based on the amount of cops in Jeepers United that ride around with no doors and no mirrors I think we are safe. Also based on other things people drive on the streets in NC and don't get tickets I'm pretty sure we ain't getting no ticket for not having mirrors.
I agree for the most part they will leave you alone. At least that has been my experience but being a middle aged man that is just riding around not blasting my radio or giving the perception as being a punk. Even if they do pull me over, having to identify myself as an armed CCP holder up front usually raises the respect level and results in we are just going to give you a warning this time. Then again I do try my best to obey the laws so if they do find anything to cite me it is usually only one infraction and much easier for them to forgive.

Sponsored

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
This is how they wrote it
TA-23-104 Driving vehicle on highway without minimum equipment
"(a) Every vehicle driven on the highways in this State shall, where applicable, have the following equipment, meeting or exceeding the standards established jointly by the Administration and the Division:  brakes, steering, suspension, horn, door handles, mirrors, tires, exhaust system, lights, glazing, windshield wipers, odometer, speedometer, bumpers, properly aligned wheels, wheels and wheel lugs, fenders, floor pans, hood, hood catches, emissions equipment, fuel system, front seat, motor mounts, gear selection indicator for automatic transmissions, universal joints, and seat belts or combination seat belt-shoulder harness if required as original equipment under § 22-412 or § 22-412.1 of this article. "

No requirement for doors. Go to court and press the issue.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Flexy Flares, got them from LowRange Off-Road 4 1/4" under mount,
I had them on my MJ and mud flaps years back when I had Hercules MT's to "cut down" number of rocks and mud flung everywhere. And to cut down on extra time with LEO's both left MJ when I took it to Germany.

Back on track
Unluckily many places pray on people passing through or military service members to fleece to fund the community coffers.
I have a friend who spent 7 days in jail due to travelling though one of those places. Charge of contempt of court, not the speeding charge. They figured he was in the Army and stationed near there. All said and done no fines and released when they couldn't use his command to force him to pay.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
...I remember in the late 90s early 2000s when Ford released the Super Duty the 4x4 version violated the rules in Maryland because the bottom of the fenders were too high compared to the tires. ...
I have a friend, retired cop from Washington, and he has mentioned that Ford truck. Said they had one officer in their department who actually enforced that; all the rest ignored it. Could be a similar case here with OP's ticket.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Well I just got pulled
Over and a warning in Ocean City Maryland for no doors and given an inspection tickets for my method wheels Sticking out too far from my stock fender flares. Any suggestions as to what my options are to get through the fender issue. Don’t have another set of wheels. Who would have thought a beach would have cared. It was a state trooper.
Troopers are a different breed man. Their bread and butter is traffic and equipment violations. City cops don’t have time for stuff like this.

Black1Star7

First Name
Black
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Occupation
mechanic
I suggest you move away from the East Coast. That's what solved all my problems for me.
Sponsored