Sponsored

Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
"(a) Every vehicle driven on the highways in this State shall, where applicable, have the following equipment, meeting or exceeding the standards established jointly by the Administration and the Division:  brakes, steering, suspension, horn, door handles, mirrors, tires, exhaust system, lights, glazing, windshield wipers, odometer, speedometer, bumpers, properly aligned wheels, wheels and wheel lugs, fenders, floor pans, hood, hood catches, emissions equipment, fuel system, front seat, motor mounts, gear selection indicator for automatic transmissions, universal joints, and seat belts or combination seat belt-shoulder harness if required as original equipment under § 22-412 or § 22-412.1 of this article. "

No requirement for doors. Go to court and press the issue.
But if you don’t have doors, where do you put the required door handles?

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
"(a) Every vehicle driven on the highways in this State shall, where applicable, have the following equipment, meeting or exceeding the standards established jointly by the Administration and the Division:  brakes, steering, suspension, horn, door handles, mirrors, tires, exhaust system, lights, glazing, windshield wipers, odometer, speedometer, bumpers, properly aligned wheels, wheels and wheel lugs, fenders, floor pans, hood, hood catches, emissions equipment, fuel system, front seat, motor mounts, gear selection indicator for automatic transmissions, universal joints, and seat belts or combination seat belt-shoulder harness if required as original equipment under § 22-412 or § 22-412.1 of this article. "

No requirement for doors. Go to court and press the issue.
Again: the door requirement is a Local Ordnance for Ocean City. MDSP is required to enforce local as well as state laws when in that locality. Pressing the issue would be an absolutely fruitless effort.
Just as an FYI you can get a ticket for no side mirrors in NC. You need at least a driver side mirror.
You only need a rear view mirror in North Carolina

"No person shall drive a motor vehicle on the streets or highways of this State unless equipped with an inside rearview mirror of a type approved by the Commissioner, which provides the driver with a clear, undistorted, and reasonably unobstructed view of the highway to the rear of such vehicle"

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
For NC. Here is directly from the statute.

NC General Statute 20-126 paragraph b.

(b)������ It shall be unlawful for any person to operate upon the highways of this State any vehicle manufactured, assembled or first sold on or after January 1, 1966 and registered in this State unless such vehicle is equipped with at least one outside mirror mounted on the driver's side of the vehicle. Mirrors herein required shall be of a type approved by the Commissioner.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Also just like to add. We’re all full up out West. was only hypothetically saying move from the East Coast.
Please don’t move to the west were packed , No vacancy. It’s terrible here. It’s hot. Yucky. Stay away.
Yeah, I know. Especially bad in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho.

Sponsored

skubyact

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Actor
I'm out in California and drive with all 4 doors off. Never been pulled over. That sounds bizarre considering all the motorcycles flying around in the summer.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
If he did, his status would say, "In the left lane doing 48."
My vehicles owned list does not support prius habits. So yes, I have owned, modified and operated on public roads vehicles that were obnoxious or at least mildly distasteful. My first run in? Removed the baffles from my two stroke triple ported polished and milled expansion chambered Kawasaki in 76 and promptly received the certificate of achievement from Barney F. Came up snake eyes that day. Still testing the limits at 63. I suck it up and move on. But not in a prius. Cheers.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I live in southern Pennsylvania and I'm afraid I won't pass inspection. With my new wheels, the tires stick out more than I expected. I was hoping a half to 3/4 of an inch. It's closer to 1.5 inches of tread. My dealer installed everything and told me it probably won't pass. Even though they installed them, they said they would probably have to fail me. Well the cops around here don't care, but I hope my mechanic will let it pass! It's partially my fault because I don't completely understand how backspace vs offset works. The backspace is 5 inches. Offset is +6. Width is 8.5".

Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I live in southern Pennsylvania and I'm afraid I won't pass inspection. With my new wheels, the tires stick out more than I expected. I was hoping a half to 3/4 of an inch. It's closer to 1.5 inches of tread. My dealer installed everything and told me it probably won't pass. Even though they installed them, they said they would probably have to fail me. Well the cops around here don't care, but I hope my mechanic will let it pass! It's partially my fault because I don't completely understand how backspace vs offset works. The backspace is 5 inches. Offset is +6. Width is 8.5".
The whole vehicle inspection thing sounds awful. Hope that never comes to Ohio.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Be a jerk at the traffic stop and suddenly all of those "insignificant issues" will pile on for a very significant driver record. It is the way of the world.(Wishbone Ash fan)

Plumbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT MaxTow, 2015 Harley Triglide, GMC Terrain
Occupation
Plumber
The whole vehicle inspection thing sounds awful. Hope that never comes to Ohio.
I’ve seen some of the non inspected vehicles from Ohio. I’m glad when I’m on my motorcycle we have inspection in Pa. I’m still looking for wheels for my JT, plan on keeping the tread no more than 1/2 inch exposed. On my JK the sidewalls bulged out but the tread was under the fenders. I had a couple of conversations about legality with police. Never had inspection issue. Issues in southwestern PA seem to be more about bumper height.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
can you post some pictures? I’m looking at 37s in Pa and I’m concerned about same issue.

Maybe you can find a more local speed shop? I also have a Jeep place that might stretch the requirement a bit.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Texas issues you a ticket if your Jeep doesn’t have a lift and at least 37s that stick out past the fenders. It is only recommended that you have a gun rack in the rear window. Extra credit for both a rifle and shotgun on display.
Sponsored