Sponsored

Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires.

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
For NC. Here is directly from the statute.

NC General Statute 20-126 paragraph b.

(b)������ It shall be unlawful for any person to operate upon the highways of this State any vehicle manufactured, assembled or first sold on or after January 1, 1966 and registered in this State unless such vehicle is equipped with at least one outside mirror mounted on the driver's side of the vehicle. Mirrors herein required shall be of a type approved by the Commissioner.
Holy shit, did not know that...what is a good fix for that?
Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they can enforce those laws against out-of-state folks. It would be interfering with interstate commerce I would think. There was a case I remember reading about regarding states being able to restrict their own citizens when it came to vehicle stuff but not out of state visitors
They can. I had two sets of fog or driving lights on a truck years ago. I lived in MD and it was fine. I visited Virginia and got a ticket. VA law says you can't have more than 2 sets of forward lights on at the same time. I pointed out that I live in MD and he said "you should know the laws of the states you visit" I have moved to VA since then but I only have the headlights and fogs on my jeep for the road.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
They can. I had two sets of fog or driving lights on a truck years ago. I lived in MD and it was fine. I visited Virginia and got a ticket. VA law says you can't have more than 2 sets of forward lights on at the same time. I pointed out that I live in MD and he said "you should know the laws of the states you visit" I have moved to VA since then but I only have the headlights and fogs on my jeep for the road.
I'd imagine this is a ticket that you would get dismissed if you fought it and the cop just expects that you won't because you live in a different state. A reasonable person would not be expected to know the intricacies of every law in every state they may ever visit. Most people, including myself, don't know all the intricacies of the laws in their own state.

I think like most people, some police officers have pet peeves about things and they become sticklers for them. You might pass 9 other cops along the way that don't care before you come across the one that does. I'd imagine the ones that do care are less lenient against people from other states.

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
With Jeep week coming up soon in Ocean City Maryland, i guess they'll be writing a lot of tickets. Unless you go back to stock, there's not much you can do about it. Because although your state allows what you did to pass inspection, the laws are still the law. I know people who duct tape gardening trim to their fenders to shorten the length of wheels sticking out just to pass inspection, but once they take it off it doesn't mean a cop can't pull you over for it just because you have the new sticker. So now you know you need to look up the laws and understand whichever state you're going into, which of your mods may cause you to get a ticket. I know people love to mod their jeeps out, but it may not be legal. So ask yourselves, is being cool worth getting cited for on even just an irregular basis. My windows are tinted, but i have a wavered registration for that. The old saying of, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Lucifer 11 11.jpg

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Holy shit, did not know that...what is a good fix for that?
There are a bunch of different mirrors you can get that connect to the hinge. That is what I use, got them off of eBay for $25-30.

Last edited:

BigEd65

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
sales
Well I just got pulled
Over and a warning in Ocean City Maryland for no doors and given an inspection tickets for my method wheels Sticking out too far from my stock fender flares. Any suggestions as to what my options are to get through the fender issue. Don’t have another set of wheels. Who would have thought a beach would have cared. It was a state trooper.
Move out othat communist state.
Well I just got pulled
Over and a warning in Ocean City Maryland for no doors and given an inspection tickets for my method wheels Sticking out too far from my stock fender flares. Any suggestions as to what my options are to get through the fender issue. Don’t have another set of wheels. Who would have thought a beach would have cared. It was a state trooper.
Must suck to live in a communist state. God Bless Texas!

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
There are a bunch of different mirrors you can get that connect to the hinge. That is what I use, got them off of eBay for $25-30.
I run the Carolina metal mirrors after running hinge mirrors for years, just a streamlined look

Sponsored

Fortes89

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Customer Service / Sales / Fire Protection
A while ago i got pulled over in Florida and was given a warning due to the lift/ hight from road to frame. Because it was just a warning i didn't bother to check into it. My tires were sticking out too but the state trooper did not say anything about that.

mlburchjr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Law Enforcement
A while ago i got pulled over in Florida and was given a warning due to the lift/ hight from road to frame. Because it was just a warning i didn't bother to check into it. My tires were sticking out too but the state trooper did not say anything about that.
In Florida you don't need fenders.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Move out othat communist state.

Must suck to live in a communist state. God Bless Texas!
Actually, Donteatmynachos, Texas is a very nice place to live!

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Around here, they probably ticket you for having doors and normal sized tires :)
As well they should, nothing weirder looking than a Wrangler with street tires! Doors I can stomach, but not All Weathers.
Sponsored

Last edited: