First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
Yeah, both seem like decent choices! I've got a Rubicon with 37s and will be buying a truck bed camper that weighs around 400lbs - plus I live in Colorado at around 6,000ft above sea level and often drive up higher into the mountains, so I think the 5.13s will be the best choice for me.

Yep - I'm no expert but I have read enough about all of it to make my head hurt:). Based on all I've seen it does sound like 5.13s are right for you. Sorry the Dana's are so hard to get. Are you going with revolution?
Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Yep - I'm no expert but I have read enough about all of it to make my head hurt:). Based on all I've seen it does sound like 5.13s are right for you. Sorry the Dana's are so hard to get. Are you going with revolution?
Haven't decided yet - the shop I'm working with has a good reputation and said that they use G2 gears (but will use any brand with a warranty/guarantee). From what I gather, many of the brands are made at the same place, South Korea. I had been interested in Yukons, but learned that they are made in China and have had some issues more recently, so that has me looking elsewhere.

Revolutions sound great, as do Nitros. Haven't decided yet if I'm going with one of those brands or if I'll just go with the G2 gears that the shop has.

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
Haven't decided yet - the shop I'm working with has a good reputation and said that they use G2 gears (but will use any brand with a warranty/guarantee). From what I gather, many of the brands are made at the same place, South Korea. I had been interested in Yukons, but learned that they are made in China and have had some issues more recently, so that has me looking elsewhere.

Revolutions sound great, as do Nitros. Haven't decided yet if I'm going with one of those brands or if I'll just go with the G2 gears that the shop has.
Well good luck man! Sounds like you have a good shop to walk you thru it. Give us some feedback after its done. Most of all: enjoy it!

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Well good luck man! Sounds like you have a good shop to walk you thru it. Give us some feedback after its done. Most of all: enjoy it!
Thanks dude! Good luck with your regear as well, sounds like its one of the mods most worth doing!

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter

Revolution would be my #2 choice after Dana.

I'm pretty sure Revolution gears are made by Circle K in South Korea.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
Yeah - I've heard that from several of you on this forum. I'm just looking for reasons Ukon is to be avoided. This off road shop has been around for 50 years and have a sterling rep for Jeep mods. Just wondering why they feel so good about Ukon and so many on this forum deeply disagree. Don't worry though - you guys have me convinced. I will be going with Dana! I'm just looking to be able to have a somewhat intelligent conversation with the boys at this shop. So far all I've been able to say is: all the guys on my Gladiator forum told me to avoid Ukons:).
DANA COSTS MORE ! Yep your axles are D44 so Dana is the mfg. As you noted you have chosen Dana. When I re-geared Went Yukon - 4.10s. NO Issues now for 3+ years.

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon, 2022 Ram 3500 6.7L
Occupation
Sheet metal
I just ordered revolution 5.38s. I was going to run splicer but sold out. I could find splicer 5.13 all day but I am eventually going 40s. You Might look into other sites for the gear set.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I just ordered revolution 5.38s. I was going to run splicer but sold out. I could find splicer 5.13 all day but I am eventually going 40s. You Might look into other sites for the gear set.
The ring and pinion for 5.13 seems to be in stock, but the master install kit and a few other parts are not in stock and their website estimates 32-34 weeks until they're available.

I just talked to the shop and went with Nitro gears - I've seen good things about them and they're in stock and can be delivered quickly.

I'm guessing just about any kit will do well if its installed correctly and gets the proper breakin process, so I'm really not that worried about it since this shop does good work and they will warranty both the parts and the labor.

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal
The ring and pinion for 5.13 seems to be in stock, but the master install kit and a few other parts are not in stock and their website estimates 32-34 weeks until they're available.

I just talked to the shop and went with Nitro gears - I've seen good things about them and they're in stock and can be delivered quickly.

I'm guessing just about any kit will do well if its installed correctly and gets the proper breakin process, so I'm really not that worried about it since this shop does good work and they will warranty both the parts and the labor.

I use my buddies shop. He was able to piece the kit together to make a whole with 5.13s. 5.38s rings and pinion are 8weeks out.

Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I use my buddies shop. He was able to piece the kit together to make a whole with 5.13s. 5.38s rings and pinion are 8weeks out.
Nice, wish I was in your area! I'm sure I'll be happy with the Nitros though, good luck on the 5.38s!

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sheet metal
Nice, wish I was in your area! I'm sure I'll be happy with the Nitros though, good luck on the 5.38s!
Yeah it definitely pays to have friend that is a mechanic lol. I get free lift time on weekends and stuff I don't have time for I pay him or barter work lol. I have rubi 4.10s running 38s and they do fine on flat ground but any kinda grade on pavement its brutal.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD

Master install kits are available on Amazon.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Master install kits are available on Amazon.
You must have access to a different Amazon than I do - don't see any listed for the 5.13 ratio and Dana 44 axels.

Regardless though, I've got my gears ordered and an install date next week - I'm stoked!

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Actually, I see that the one Amazon has listed as being for the non-Rubicon Wrangler is actually the part number for the JTR - they should fix that product listing!
Sponsored