Dash Goes Dark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
My digital dash panel recently started doing some crazy light show stuff then just went dark. It occasionally comes on again but then randomly goes dark again. I'm in Florida so it's not a cold thing. Anyone else have this issue?

Sponsored

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Mine just went out about a month ago. After reading online, apparently it requires a new cluster replacement. I’m out of warranty, my appointment is in a few weeks. Pray for me!

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
went out about a month ago. After reading online, apparently it requires a new cluster replacement. I’m out of warranty, my appointment is in a few weeks. Pray
This is definitely a concern especially as vehicles get more and more electronic. And why I almost prefer a basic vehicle at times. My dad had a 2019 ram 3500 with the infotainment system that got friend from an over the air update by Dodge that he couldnt even opt out of. It required a brand new head unit. It was so jacked it was draining his battery at night and he had to physically pull the 80a fuse for the whole head unit. Replacement was under warranty luckily because the head unit was like 1200 bucks, and the labor was something like 3 hours.

I think the clusters are only 500 or so though.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yup, new cluster time.

I would bet it is either a loose connection or cold solder of the LCD header strip. I know I would be digging into it before paying for a new one.

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
This is definitely a concern especially as vehicles get more and more electronic. And why I almost prefer a basic vehicle at times. My dad had a 2019 ram 3500 with the infotainment system that got friend from an over the air update by Dodge that he couldnt even opt out of. It required a brand new head unit. It was so jacked it was draining his battery at night and he had to physically pull the 80a fuse for the whole head unit. Replacement was under warranty luckily because the head unit was like 1200 bucks, and the labor was something like 3 hours.

I think the clusters are only 500 or so though.
The clusters online go for anywhere between 500-700ish? I think. Problem is you can’t order one. Dealership has to order it and the Jeep has to be in their possession to ensure it’s not being driven as they get the mileage programmed to the new cluster. I would’ve fixed this myself already if I could get around this somehow!

Sponsored

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Yup, new cluster time.

I would bet it is either a loose connection or cold solder of the LCD header strip. I know I would be digging into it before paying for a new one.
I mostly disassembled it when it first happened about a month ago. Then I spoke to someone at a local Jeep shop and they told me they wouldn’t even mess with it. Because the gauge clusters in these jeeps pretty much are the BCM for the vehicle. So I was afraid to look into it more. With my luck I’d make it worse or something to the point where it can’t be driven haha

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
The clusters online go for anywhere between 500-700ish? I think. Problem is you can’t order one. Dealership has to order it and the Jeep has to be in their possession to ensure it’s not being driven as they get the mileage programmed to the new cluster. I would’ve fixed this myself already if I could get around this somehow!
Wow I didn't know that. Thats pure insanity! Well..just another bullet point encouraging me to buy a AEV TJ brute.

OP
OP
Blueberry Muffin
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine just went out about a month ago. After reading online, apparently it requires a new cluster replacement. I’m out of warranty, my appointment is in a few weeks. Pray for me!
Let me know how much it ends up costing.

GeneralMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Just another thing to break on our new tech jeeps. Makes me seriously consider getting a Mopar extended warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blueberry Muffin
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mostly disassembled it when it first happened about a month ago. Then I spoke to someone at a local Jeep shop and they told me they wouldn’t even mess with it. Because the gauge clusters in these jeeps pretty much are the BCM for the vehicle. So I was afraid to look into it more. With my luck I’d make it worse or something to the point where it can’t be driven haha
So what are you going to do?

GeneralMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
OP
OP
Blueberry Muffin
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

GeneralMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
I went to the site but they don't have a warranty option for a 2020 model.
That’s probably because 2020s are out of warranty. Try emailing them for a quote. His email is in that thread somewhere
Sponsored