First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Finance
I’m starting to look at options on a dead pedal for my gladiator. I’m leaning towards the mountain off-road, and curious what those of you whom have it think.

I’m also open to other options as well.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I have the mountain offroad pedal. works just fine, but tight install.

Bruce

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I never knew how much I used a dead pedal until I didn't have one. I honestly can't believe there isn't one.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I never knew how much I used a dead pedal until I didn't have one. I honestly can't believe there isn't one.
Im actually in the opposite direction here. I had one in my JKU and have enjoyed the ability to stretch out a bit without it.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I went cheap but no regrets. It's a piece of metal to rest your foot on :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RBSQ5JM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the same one. It's more of a foot rest than a dead pedal. It's great to have some place to rest your foot as opposed to nothing which is what is currently there. It's not a dead pedal in the respect that it won't take the pressure of your body weight without bending slightly. It was however very easy to install (even without directions) and I like the fact that it will swing up out of the way for vacuuming or removing the floor mat.

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Does anyone know if a JK dead pedal will fit a JT? I haven’t taken delivery of my truck yet and I’m thinking about removing the one I have in my JK.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I bought the same one. It's more of a foot rest than a dead pedal. It's great to have some place to rest your foot as opposed to nothing which is what is currently there. It's not a dead pedal in the respect that it won't take the pressure of your body weight without bending slightly. It was however very easy to install (even without directions) and I like the fact that it will swing up out of the way for vacuuming or removing the floor mat.
Hi, when installing the dead pedal did you remove the existing nut on the stud or did you install the pedal over the existing nut? I did the latter and can't get the additional nut tight enough to prevent the dead pedal from rotating around under the brake pedal after some time of off roading.

Later,
Johnny

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, when installing the dead pedal did you remove the existing nut on the stud or did you install the pedal over the existing nut? I did the latter and can't get the additional nut tight enough to prevent the dead pedal from rotating around under the brake pedal after some time of off roading.

Later,
Johnny
I have the bracket flat against the plastic and put the nut on the outside of it. It's never moved.

I will say that this is a foot rest, not a dead pedal. Any ammount of weight on it will cause it to bend due to all the ornamental slots weakening it. It's just not strong. I'll probably remove mine and reinforce it in the near future.

Sponsored

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
I have had the Mountain Off-road dead pedal in my Gladiator for about 10,000 miles and and real happy with it. I mounted my in the longest leg setting and it has not moved.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I have the bracket flat against the plastic and put the nut on the outside of it. It's never moved.
Thanks. I'll try remounting mine the same way using just the one nut instead of two. Otherwise it's going to drive me crazy. :like:

Later,
Johnny

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
eBay dead pedal. One bolt and done. Flips up for the mats and cleaning.
Jeep Gladiator Dead Pedal 7D358F85-9E21-4ECD-A400-CB2F7E95EFBE

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

I will say that this is a foot rest, not a dead pedal. Any ammount of weight on it will cause it to bend due to all the ornamental slots weakening it. It's just not strong. I'll probably remove mine and reinforce it in the near future.
So what's a "dead pedal" if not a place to rest your foot?
My WJ build sheet even mentions left foot rest. Many vehicles have a place on the left to rest a foot.
Is a dead pedal not a foot rest you bolt into place? Maybe calling it a dead pedal is a Jeep thing and more manly that an ordinary foot rest.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what's a "dead pedal" if not a place to rest your foot?
My WJ build sheet even mentions left foot rest. Many vehicles have a place on the left to rest a foot.
Is a dead pedal not a foot rest you bolt into place? Maybe calling it a dead pedal is a Jeep thing and more manly that an ordinary foot rest.
Most factory dead pedals will take your whole weight if you press against them. For example when cornering or even if you push against it to straighten your leg to get something out of your left pocket. These will bend in those scenarios. All it's good for is basically laying your foot on so it doesn't dangle in mid air.
Sponsored