Sponsored

Deal on Steel bumper clone

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
So, looking at This thread it appears there are two different skid plates, one for the steel bumper and one for the plastic bumper. The steel bumper attaches to the bumper and the other does not. Idk if the plastic bumper skid will play well with the steel bumper. We shall see.
Gregj
Steel skid for the plastic bumper has one more set of brackets that it attaches to. So there's a small gap between the plastic bumper and steel skid.

Steel skid for steel bumper has no gap and does not need for the second set of brackets.
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I ordered the steel bumper skidplate for steel rubicon bumpers from 68293984AB for less than $150 on eBay. Bolted right up after I took the brackets off.

Steel skid for the plastic bumper has one more set of brackets that it attaches to. So there's a small gap between the plastic bumper and steel skid.

Steel skid for steel bumper has no gap and does not need for the second set of brackets.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I ordered the steel bumper skidplate for steel rubicon bumpers from 68293984AB for less than $150 on eBay. Bolted right up after I took the brackets off.
Did the winch plate that come with it look beefy enough?

Thanks

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Seems fine to me, I'll be putting a Smittybilt on when I get around to it. I will need spacers to correct the front suspension height, the plate is very heavy WITHOUT a winch on it!

Did the winch plate that come with it look beefy enough?

Thanks

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
One thing i noticed is that this bumper is flat across the top. Doesn't have the raised area around the hooks. So just be aware when looking for a bull bar.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Got the bumper in today and installed. Overall not to bad a job to do. Yes the instructions are worthless. I did decide to leave out the winch plate and parts out as it is on the wife’s Rubicon and that Mall Krawler won’t ever need one. Also saves at least a third of the weight, lol.

Waiting on the skid plate and hardware to install that. Things I had to modify to install were the four tab led fog lights, I had to cut off the outboard two tabs on them and grind out the radius on the xprite adapters. Also had to trim the fog light bezel to clear the fog lights.

Also cut out the crush cans and mounted them along with the JL tow hooks.
Jeep Gladiator Deal on Steel bumper clone 7699B044-6E48-4B68-8E62-4B393531CA14

Jeep Gladiator Deal on Steel bumper clone 1D49E601-3A30-493B-B3C2-C66C00415608

Gregj

OP
OP
Moonshineheadache

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
So mine showed up yesterday...I echo some of the same comments.

I'm not messing with the crushcans, but I did transfer over the OEM tow hooks. The winch plate is going in with hopes of a winch in the near future, which most likely will be pure poser (admittedly). Surprisingly, the winch plate installed with no modifications and just some spacers between where it connects to the bumper facing reinforcement plate. I've not tackled the LED light mounts yet, but that might be the messiest part.

The hardware is really soft, but a trip to Ace Hardware or Fastenal and $20 later problem solved.

I would say if you're like me and like a project (and like a deal even more) this is totally functional for the price and light off-roading. It creates some great solid mounting points for lights, looks pretty good and is not flimsy in the slightest - every bit as heavy as the OEM.

Overall, not a bad deal for $320.

Jeep Gladiator Deal on Steel bumper clone 1613147570957

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
So mine showed up yesterday...I echo some of the same comments.

I'm not messing with the crushcans, but I did transfer over the OEM tow hooks. The winch plate is going in with hopes of a winch in the near future, which most likely will be pure poser (admittedly). Surprisingly, the winch plate installed with no modifications and just some spacers between where it connects to the bumper facing reinforcement plate. I've not tackled the LED light mounts yet, but that might be the messiest part.

The hardware is really soft, but a trip to Ace Hardware or Fastenal and $20 later problem solved.

I would say if you're like me and like a project (and like a deal even more) this is totally functional for the price and light off-roading. It creates some great solid mounting points for lights, looks pretty good and is not flimsy in the slightest - every bit as heavy as the OEM.

Overall, not a bad deal for $320.

Jeep Gladiator Deal on Steel bumper clone 1613147570957
How long did the install take you?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took me about four hours but I took my time and there were interruptions.
Gregj

OP
OP
Moonshineheadache

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at about 4 as well, but I was also watching Step Brothers and Talladega Nights at the same time. The project time was the break from conference calls that I needed, so I'm not rushing.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, the steel bumper skid plate doesn’t match up to the 10A bumper. Gonna have to order a skid for the plastic bumper.

Know anybody that need a skid plate? Lol
Gregj

OP
OP
Moonshineheadache

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My steel skid for plastic bumper slipped right into place as it did when I took it off for the project. That's the winning combo.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I now have one of those on order.
Gregj

microboby

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon , TJ Rubicom , Tesla X
Got it installed , it’s pretty descent for the price . Used my OEM Led lights from the plastic Rubicon. Bumper . Happy with the price , a bit worried that once in stubby mode the back of the LED fog lights is more exposed than it should be . The factory bumper comes with some plastic covers to protect this issue but this one does not so we shall see how it holds to dirt , mud , sand and water . Last - the steel skid plate that came with the plastic bumper bolts right on

ps - I covered the parking sensor holes with the following plugs from amazon and fit perfect . Two on the front and two on the sides

Black Nylon Hole Plugs Fits 1 1/8" Diameter Hole - Slightly Domed Surface - Durable Nylon Plug Snaps Into Hole with Locking Tabs That Hold in Place (6)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KNY52N...abc_Q1P3GD0N2J85TB1R3K89?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Jeep Gladiator Deal on Steel bumper clone 1BDA15CE-CE1A-4ACE-A8A9-0B23938C536F

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How hard is it to convert it from the JK to JT? Looks perfect otherwise.
Not sure on that one but the (bumper) I installed on mine is for a JK. "If know one has answered"
Sponsored