First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150, 1990 Bronco
Occupation
USAF
I got an email that my JT will be delivered July 17th. Looking into dealer installed bedliner, window tint, and ceramic coat. Got a quote for 1850.00 for the ceramic coat, 650.00 bedliner and 650.00 tint. Seems ridiculous to me. What did everyone do? Dealer install or wait to get it done elsewhere? Iā€™m really curious what everyone paid for ceramic coat. Is there anything you wish you would have got dealer installed or anything you wish you wouldnā€™t have gotten from the dealer?
Sponsored

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Haggle. I was quoted $700 for the bed liner and they did it for $600. Ended up getting it for free ninety-nine, but thatā€™s another story, lol.

Mopar bed rails. Ended up getting them just after delivery. If I had them install them off the bat, it would have saved me a trip.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Get nothing from the dealer.

The bedliner can be had on sale, both major companies have sales throughout the year.

Window tinting, like bedliner, the dealers farm out and mark up. This can be done cheaper at a reputable place and they also have sales.

Ceramic coat, I've not had it done, but again I bet they farm it out and mark it up. Price yourself away from dealer.

Any JT accessories, don't buy from your local dealer until you price it out online. Contact Bennie @AllMoparParts.com and let him know what you're looking for. They are a Sponsor here on the Board.

OP
OP
susee80

susee80

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150, 1990 Bronco
Occupation
USAF
Haggle. I was quoted $700 for the bed liner and they did it for $600. Ended up getting it for free ninety-nine, but thatā€™s another story, lol.

Mopar bed rails. Ended up getting them just after delivery. If I had them install them off the bat, it would have saved me a trip.
I can get the bedliner for 450.00 from the local guy. I will definitely negotiate

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I can get the bedliner for 450.00 from the local guy. I will definitely negotiate
Do what works for you. My local bedliner people are only open Monday through Friday. I would have had to burn a day of leave to get it done post-delivery.

I had a coupon for the parts department. With install (for the bed rails), it was the same price as the kit delivered from Amazon.

Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Iā€™m not of any help on the ceramic cause I had it done for free when I was working at a Toyota dealer.

I didnā€™t pay for any dealer bs.

They already installed it and I said you can either take it off or Iā€™m not paying for it. They didnā€™t charge me (I ended up having the window tint re-done anyway) and I got the Jeep at about 2.5% under invoice.

Donā€™t pay for dealer crap. That $1,865 quote for ceramic? Yeah thatā€™s $100 for a bottle which will do 2 Jeeps easy.

The window tint dealers use is the cheapest they can possibly get. Toyota dealer I worked at was using ā€œdiscardedā€ window tint. Basically the stuff that the didnā€™t stand up to the manufacturers spec and re-sold for cheap.

You can get good window tint installed from a reputable local company for under $500. I paid $240 to do all 5.

As far as Bedliner goes, you can look at Rhinoliner (thereā€™s another company but I donā€™t recall the name) as itā€™s cheaper than that dealer quote. Otherwise Iā€™d just get a plastic drop in or a bed mat.

But donā€™t pay the prices for whatā€™s gonna be cheaper materials.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with the factory bedliner, I didn't do the ceramic coat, but I did have the dealer install the soft tri-fold tonneau cover before I picked it up (three years ago).

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Iā€™m not a fan of the ceramic coats I donā€™t really believe they do much except for looking shiny at the mall.

liner isnā€™t actually to bad I would ask whoā€™s doing it because they arenā€™t and you can easily get quotes over the phone

window tint is high shop around

rj74

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon
Occupation
Body Shop Manager
Tint should be less than $500 if you are doing all the glass except the full windshield. bedliners vary a bit but between $500-700 depending on the shop that does it. find a local detailer that does Ceramic coating, should runs $1k or lil less, most dealers do not actually have it done and use spray on crap and call it a ceramic coating.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
So my JTR came with the bed-liner but not the trail rail system or bed cover. For what the dealer wanted to install them was astronomical. I went to BAMWHOLESALEPARTS and ordered the rails, bed plug outlet, brake controller and the soft roll up cover all for less than they wanted to sell the cover for alone. If you have a couple hours and scroll through my threads I list all the part numbers and pictures of the install. Its worth saving hundreds if not thousands just by buying them from a large third party and installing yourself.

Sponsored

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
IMO I dont finance dealer accessories ( assuming your not buying it outright) I don't want to pay interest on a bedliner or whatever, I'll just buy it aftermarket

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Iā€™m not a fan of the ceramic coats I donā€™t really believe they do much except for looking shiny at the mall.

liner isnā€™t actually to bad I would ask whoā€™s doing it because they arenā€™t and you can easily get quotes over the phone

window tint is high shop around
And make cleaning all the crap off a breeze when you get dirty. A real ceramic coat is worth it to me Iā€™ve had sod on my hood and the rain has run it off. And that 1850 is high but not unreasonable. Iā€™d say 1500 on a new delivery due to not having to do a bunch of paint correction. 1800 if itā€™s got miles on it.

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I talked my dealer down to $500 for the simonize glass coat, originally they wanted $800. I've had it before on a previous vehicle and really like it. The tint, as everyone has said, is too high. Do what works for you in regards to paying for it...financing with the vehicle or going elsewhere. Just remember, if you finance it, you are paying interest over the course of the vehicle loan.

21WhiteRubi

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I am now a believer in ceramic coating. But I believe its best to find a good detailer that does their research and will stand behind the products they use and the work they do. There are a ton of products out there and from what I have learned from my detailer, some ceramics don't like other products etc. So it is important to know chemically what is happening and how to maintain things properly. I had mine done for $750 and its a three year coating. My detailer works independently, so he doesn't have all the excess overhead costs. He spent 6 hours cleaning and prepping the first day and another 2-3 hours applying the coating the following day. I watched most everything he was doing and after seeing that, there is no way I would let a dealer apply a coating for me. There are certainly spray on coatings that can be applied, but a good wipe on, buff out coating takes knowledge and time. He also came back the following week to show me the best way to clean the jeep. He also gave me a goodie bag of the products I should use.

After just spending a week and a half driving across the country, tackling some moab trails, and killing what seems like millions of bugs with the grill of the gladiator, washing it upon my return was a breeze. Most every bug literally wiped off, no scrubbing, special bug juice etc. The washing process involves one foaming with a high quality "off road" type cleaner, letting it sit for a few minutes, then rinsing off. Starts to break down dirt and grime. Then one more application of a foam soap. Let that sit for a couple minutes, then take a wash mit and wipe every panel (no scrubbing), then rinse. I can take my electric blower and blow away most all of the water on every panel after a wash. Good ceramic is like a second hard clear coat for your paint. Proper prep work is key.

The detailer says this coating should stand up to plenty of mud etc as well, otherwise he would not have used this particular one. Listening to him talk coatings you realize there is a ton out there, and you can spend a ton of money on them. But he picked this one specifically for what I planned to do with the Jeep and what kind of environments it would see.

We will see how it holds up, but so far I am very happy with the results.

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
I am now a believer in ceramic coating. But I believe its best to find a good detailer that does their research and will stand behind the products they use and the work they do. There are a ton of products out there and from what I have learned from my detailer, some ceramics don't like other products etc. So it is important to know chemically what is happening and how to maintain things properly. I had mine done for $750 and its a three year coating. My detailer works independently, so he doesn't have all the excess overhead costs. He spent 6 hours cleaning and prepping the first day and another 2-3 hours applying the coating the following day. I watched most everything he was doing and after seeing that, there is no way I would let a dealer apply a coating for me. There are certainly spray on coatings that can be applied, but a good wipe on, buff out coating takes knowledge and time. He also came back the following week to show me the best way to clean the jeep. He also gave me a goodie bag of the products I should use.

After just spending a week and a half driving across the country, tackling some moab trails, and killing what seems like millions of bugs with the grill of the gladiator, washing it upon my return was a breeze. Most every bug literally wiped off, no scrubbing, special bug juice etc. The washing process involves one foaming with a high quality "off road" type cleaner, letting it sit for a few minutes, then rinsing off. Starts to break down dirt and grime. Then one more application of a foam soap. Let that sit for a couple minutes, then take a wash mit and wipe every panel (no scrubbing), then rinse. I can take my electric blower and blow away most all of the water on every panel after a wash. Good ceramic is like a second hard clear coat for your paint. Proper prep work is key.

The detailer says this coating should stand up to plenty of mud etc as well, otherwise he would not have used this particular one. Listening to him talk coatings you realize there is a ton out there, and you can spend a ton of money on them. But he picked this one specifically for what I planned to do with the Jeep and what kind of environments it would see.

We will see how it holds up, but so far I am very happy with the results.
What product did your detailer use? I've been looking through posts about ceramic coat and only seen one off-handed mention of a brand. I'm curious to know what works well.
Sponsored