Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport Diesel
Occupation
Security
Sorry for the long post

I purchased my JT Diesel in Feb 2021. A month later I had 2 CELs P2453 and P2454 for DPF sensor circuits low. I took the Jeep into the local dealer and they ordered new DPF sensors. After 2 weeks of waiting on parts, I had the jeep repaired, or so I thought. As I drove home from the dealer, roughly 30 miles, I noticed a strong exhaust odor in the cab. I tried calling them to let them know I was bringing it back but they were closed. I brought it in the next day and the service advisor stated that the technician did not tighten the exhaust clamp. She stated the issue was resolved and I went on my way. 3 weeks go by and the codes come back. I brought it back to the dealer and without looking at it they ordered DPF sensors again. I asked if it was going to be ok on a long road trip as I travel for work and had a 1000 mile round trip that needed to be made. Dealer said no issues. I made it 350 miles into the trip and stopped at a rest area to use the restroom. When I came out the jeep would start but only run 10 seconds or so and a variety of lights were flashing on the dash. I had the vehicle towed to a dealership about 10 miles from where I was and the technician came out right away and looked it over. They got the jeep in the bay and started diagnosis. About 2 hours later the advisor said there was an electrical TSB that was released stating the PCM harness routed by the exhaust heat shields would chafe and cause grounding issues. They fixed the harness and I was on my way. A few weeks go by and all is good except the exhaust started leaking again. At times when stopped at lights it would actually start smoking. I brought it back to the original dealer and they said they would order new clamp, gasket and nut and that it was safe to drive. That night I looked under jeep at the exhaust and realized that the front exhaust hanger was not bolted up and vibrates/ causing clamp seal to break. After waiting 2 weeks for parts and hearing no response from dealer I took it back to them, this time FCA was on the phone when I went in. They brought the jeep in and gave it back an hour later stating its all good. I went to work and looked underneath, sure as sh1t they never bolted up the front exhaust hanger. Later that afternoon I went to head to lunch. I drove about a mile and all lights on dash started flashing, gauges went nuts, lost power steering and abs. I limped it back to my jobs parking lot and called customer care. They sent me to another dealer to have it repaired. I am still waiting on diagnosis, but my guess is that when the tech at dealership 1 tightened clamp he moved the dust shield causing it to cut the wiring harness or ground. This causing a whole mess.
I also found out that the dealership 1 only wrote 2 service orders for my jeep, 1 being an oil change. So if I wanted to try lemon law or buyback there is no evidence or paper trail on their part. I did take photos of each time it was at dealer with dates and times as a precaution.

Jeep Gladiator Dealer caused issues. 20210707_143808
Sponsored

OP
OP
SlotMachineJT

SlotMachineJT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport Diesel
Occupation
Security
That is an epically shitty dealer... Not the worst by far, but up there.
I would say that the mechanics need to be properly trained and at a minimum take their ASE courses. If you are left alone to work on a vehicle then you should have some type of certification.

jludave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
I also found out that the dealership 1 only wrote 2 service orders for my jeep, 1 being an oil change.
So you left the dealership without any paperwork showing what they'd done to the vehicle? Didn't they make you sign something?

OP
OP
SlotMachineJT

SlotMachineJT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport Diesel
Occupation
Security
So you left the dealership without any paperwork showing what they'd done to the vehicle? Didn't they make you sign something?
I signed in on their tablet that they supposedly use for opening orders. That is all. I guess consider me a dumb a55 because I fell for the all electronic age of doing business.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
I signed in on their tablet that they supposedly use for opening orders. That is all. I guess consider me a dumb a55 because I fell for the all electronic age of doing business.
Yup, lesson learned. Never, ever leave the dealership without getting a copy of the work order and signing off on the work done.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Did you put a down payment when you purchased it? My bro went through a lemon buy back with volvo and they said they wouldnt reumburse his down payment. Wtf? He chose not to the buy back because of that and chose the other option which was a long extended warranty.

OP
OP
SlotMachineJT

SlotMachineJT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport Diesel
Occupation
Security
Did you put a down payment when you purchased it? My bro went through a lemon buy back with volvo and they said they wouldnt reumburse his down payment. Wtf? He chose not to the buy back because of that and chose the other option which was a long extended warranty.
No I got it with 0 down and 1.29% interest. I just want may jeep fixed so I can enjoy it.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Ridiculous. I hope everything gets sorted out for you soon OP.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Your "MyMopar" app should show all dealer entries for your vehicle.
Jeep Gladiator Dealer caused issues. IMG_63DB37E09651-1
Sponsored