Sponsored

Dealer oil change

CWB

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FLHR, Dodge Challenger, high altitude gladiator.
Occupation
Lithography.
I'd use oil with a lower ppm of additives if those additives were better. Other testing by an engineer has shown that more additives don't necessarily translate to better protection.

Anyway, in a more comprehensive test of wear protection capability, AMSOIL outdid Penzoil to a larger degree than shown here.

And then - here we go again "what's the best oil" - of course youtube will give us all the info we need ;-)
I thought people might find it interesting not gospel while in the oil conservation I didn't realize what a ruckus a u-tube best oil video would cause.
Most people already have their own favorites or oil they have been happy with and using.
I run Amsoil in my Harley and Castrol edge in my Challenger with 80k and wife's 200 convertible with 150k with regular oil and filter changes at 5k.
Does Mobil 1 make a filter for the pentastar 3.6L?
That 5W30 Renewable Lubricants Super High Performance Passenger Vehicle Bio-SynXtra motor oil sounds interesting and at 45 a oil change not a bad price.
Sponsored

CWB

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FLHR, Dodge Challenger, high altitude gladiator.
Occupation
Lithography.
I don’t rank oils. They either meet the required spec for the given application or not. People who “rank” oils do not understand the specifications or the oils themselves. Therefore, I would not hesitate to use any oil that meets the applicable specification for the vehicle engine/transmission/transfer case/differential for the recommended interval. It is ok to have your “favorite” brand, that doesn’t make it the “best.”
Agreed

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
I thought people might find it interesting not gospel while in the oil conservation I didn't realize what a ruckus a u-tube best oil video would cause.
Most people already have their own favorites or oil they have been happy with and using.
I run Amsoil in my Harley and Castrol edge in my Challenger with 80k and wife's 200 convertible with 150k with regular oil and filter changes at 5k.
Does Mobil 1 make a filter for the pentastar 3.6L?
That 5W30 Renewable Lubricants Super High Performance Passenger Vehicle Bio-SynXtra motor oil sounds interesting and at 45 a oil change not a bad price.
Oil threads always cause a ruckus, cause everyone has their “favorite.”😎😳🤬
Sponsored

Reactions: CWB