Sponsored

Dealership advertising on your Jeep.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Nope. I dont do tramp stamps. Hair dryer those things right off. If its a good dealership that gives me a good experience i might leave their license plate bracket.
If it’s a good dealership that gives me a good experience I might do business there again!

#NoFreeAdvertising
Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
The dealer decal was off within the first hour at home. I loathe the dealership my LE got assigned to. They were so blatantly greedy at every turn. They badged my truck against my original instruction. It was closing time due to all their jerking me around. When I asked for the badging to be removed, their response was that the prep guys had gone home. No harsh words were ever spoken, just lots of “no” and “I don’t need that” , oh, and “I see you entered a higher interest rate in my contract than what the letter from my lender states. Please correct that”.

Im happy to support businesses that treat me right by wearing their tee shirts and ball caps or such. I’m ashamed of having bought from these guys and tell everyone that asks to go somewhere else. No free advertising from me.

car dealers really need to change their ways. The online options for purchasing vehicles lets people avoid the sales/finance guys’ BS. Be better with your customer experience, adapt or die. Amazon started with books... imagine dealerships losing the sales, becoming just repair shops.
It was Tomball Jeep wasn’t it...

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
If it’s a good dealership that gives me a good experience I might do business there again!

#NoFreeAdvertising
How long did it take you to get all the “Jeep” logos off??

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
This has always bothered me. Does it bother anyone else? Not just on Jeeps but all vehicles.
License plate frames are one thing, but a sticker or plaque on the vehicle? No thanks.
I was lucky enough to catch mine on the lot before they tramp stamped it. I informed them what I would charge them for advertising their dealership on the paint of my new Jeep. I thought my offer was reasonable.
$50/mo for the 15 years I plan on keeping it.
They declined my offer.
First thing I remove every car I buy. Mine were all separate words - so the only thing I left on mine was the small black "JEEP" from "Colonial South Chrysler Ram Jeep and Dodge" : )

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
I have dealership remove all their decals and dealership license plate frames. They aren't happy about it, but dont want to discount the Jeep more or pay me for their advertising.

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
This has always bothered me. Does it bother anyone else? Not just on Jeeps but all vehicles.
License plate frames are one thing, but a sticker or plaque on the vehicle? No thanks.
I was lucky enough to catch mine on the lot before they tramp stamped it. I informed them what I would charge them for advertising their dealership on the paint of my new Jeep. I thought my offer was reasonable.
$50/mo for the 15 years I plan on keeping it.
They declined my offer.
Damn, could have had a side hustle had they taken you up on your offer! I de-badge all my vehicles so if I don't even want it to say 'JEEP', the last thing I want is some 'bum' dealer's name and their BS slogan anywhere near my vehicle.

Even the one dealer that I loved doing business with understood my stance. They treated me great regardless if I were advertising for them or not. The word of mouth advertising I did for them went MUCH further!

However, dealership advertising is better than those who put anything additional onto their vehicles. Your stick figure family, baby on board, I love my cats, etc..... those people should get a one way ticket to an island reserved for douchebags.

RedLutzie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Surveyor
I bought mine used at an out of town dealer a few hundred miles away. No stickers on their ad pics. And when I test drove it I saw no stickers or stamps. i thought that’s great. But when I got to my first stop on the way home I saw they put on a dealer sticker as they prepped it for me. Stinkers Snuck one on. I peeled that sucker off first thing.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
If any vehicle I buy has decals on it I have them removed before delivery, I’ll leave there dealer plates on till I get my plates and then off they go, I don’t advertise for free.

EezyE

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I always remove the dealer stickers almost as soon as I get it home.

Sponsored

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
First thing I did after I got it home... Not that the dealer I dealt with wasn't awesome, I just don't want to advertise for them.

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
No free advertising here. I Always take that decal off, taught my kids the same. Like the OP said, they don’t give any discount for keeping it!

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
I have ordered direct from dealer to a spec that I have decided I wanted. I make it extremely clear that they are not to apply any dealer markings other than a license plate holder if they want. Then I remind them while we are waiting for it to be built and then when it is waiting to get delivered, and when they tell me it has arrived.

I have managed to not have any dealer markings on a car I have purchased since my Chevy Nova in 1977.... ;-)

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I really don't care if the dealer sticker is an advertisement or not. They just usually detract from the look. As some have alluded too, even the Jeep logo is an advertisement. How many of you anti- advertisement people remove that too?

Like I mentioned in a past post, Jeep and it's dealers ought to make it cool to advertise them somehow. I don't have the answer, but it should be possible. Harley and other MC manufacturers figured it out.
Sponsored