Drive-in movie debacle

BtrLtThnNvr

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2008 JKU
So, who enjoys the great American tradition of going to the Drive-in? Went with the kids in Rubi tonight to the Wellfleet Theater to see Jungle Cruise. The Rock would have been horrified. We couldn’t enjoy his movie!

Anyone know how to turn off the silly halo headlights? How about the radio and dash lights when ACC is on? How about allowing the radio to play for an entire movie? No answers that I could find in the manual or on the internet.

I missed my JK - no halos, no interior lights, and the radio stayed on. Thank goodness we’d had pizza for dinner!

Come on jeep, how about a simple flash to the operating system to create a “drive-in” setting in the lights menu?

AC91F36A-0C72-459C-B3A5-3E1F1B1DAB9A.jpeg
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Don't the running lights go off when you pull up the parking brake? There's a screen off button for the radio also. I don't know if you can turn the dash lights off though, short of turning them all the way down to the lowest setting.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So much for trying to elude the cops by pulling into a dark alley..............

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The last time I went to a drive-in movie, they had a speaker you hung on the window.
I wondered why he was talking about the radio........... I figured it was rude to listen to the radio while trying to watch and listen to a movie. Didn't his date get mad?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Aren't the dash and other interior lights run by the dial between the headlights and steering column?

And you can dim the radio lights in settings. Maybe make it go black.

Not sure w/ the headlights, thought you could turn them off?

We don't really have drive-ins around here. I think I've only been to 1 drive-in movie and I don't even remember what it was.

Sponsored

Phatmexxx

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT High Altitude, 2001TJ Sport
Occupation
Retired USAF J3D1X3
Vehicle Showcase
View attachment 176187
Aren't the dash and other interior lights run by the dial between the headlights and steering column?

And you can dim the radio lights in settings. Maybe make it go black.

Not sure w/ the headlights, thought you could turn them off?

We don't really have drive-ins around here. I think I've only been to 1 drive-in movie and I don't even remember what it was.
I also discovered the navigation system also goes into night mood when you dim the radio lights. Very help not to have the bright light when using the GPS at night.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I’ve had similar frustrations with the lights when camping. Every time I opened the door, I blinded the folks in the neighboring campsite. I finally figured out that it only did it with my keys in my pocket. So I learned to put the keys in the tent until I needed them.

With the premium audio, I’d want to listen to the movie through my sound system as well. The dimmer dial left of the steering wheel turns the dash lights almost all the way down.

Sorry for the frustrations. Probably wouldn’t be able to answer if I asked how the movie was.

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Someone posted a “hack” in a different thread about keeping the radio on for an extended amount of time
Sponsored