Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Heavy Duty Tonneau Covers
DiamondBack Covers is proud and excited to join the JGF community.

Since 2003, our Pennsylvania-based team has proudly crafted ultra-secure, ultra-durable tonneau covers which seal and protect your bed from weather and theft. Our products are built to provide a lifetime of low-maintenance use, like a Gladiator.

Our customers are adventure seeking, problem solving guys who are prepared for anything. They make up a large and vibrant community who are always eager to help one another. If you have a DiamondBack question thatā€™s specific to a Gladiator, we encourage you to join this community and reach out to one of our existing customers.

Of course, our customer support team is excited to jump in when the need arises, so never hesitate to reach out to us directly. Weā€™re always here to help.

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread diamondback-hd-black-closed-forest-dust-trail-driving-low-res
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I've got the SD on my gladiator. The bed caps squished like most others on here and dealt with a few leaks. I appreciate that you sent out the shims.

That being said, the four shims weren't enough and where you have them placed don't make enough of a difference. I added some more DIY rubber spacers the length of the middle section on the inner most part under the rail caps and that helped the most.

Also, I looked under my cap the other day to see one of the clamps had fallen off. The top facing surface on the inner part of the middle section could have a bead or a lip on it to give that top clamp section something to line up with. I placed some nuts on top to keep the bolts from backing out.

Just some observations. Thanks

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
I've got the SD on my gladiator. The bed caps squished like most others on here and dealt with a few leaks. I appreciate that you sent out the shims.

That being said, the four shims weren't enough and where you have them placed don't make enough of a difference. I added some more DIY rubber spacers the length of the middle section on the inner most part under the rail caps and that helped the most.

Also, I looked under my cap the other day to see one of the clamps had fallen off. The top facing surface on the inner part of the middle section could have a bead or a lip on it to give that top clamp section something to line up with. I placed some nuts on top to keep the bolts from backing out.

Do you have pictures of the problems you are having?

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Do you have pictures of the problems you are having?
I fixed them. Didn't take photos. But there are some threads on here with photos from other users.

If your going to install, I think you can just rough place the bed cover, mark the center section on the bed cap with painters tape, lift the cap and shore up the inner part of the bed caps between the painters tape. That help the caps from pressing down and deforming.

The pressing down on the inner part of the cap causes the outer part of the cap to lift, allowing water to creep in. So that's the best reason to support the inner edge.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Have had my HD for 18 months now. Has been solid and looks great. Really want to put a rack on it and maybe the new underneath storage system, but man the idea of drilling into that thing scares the crap out of me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation

@Rockabillyroy We appreciate you reaching out and sharing your insights! We are constantly developing improvements for this platform, and in this case, Jeep's bed rail cap design does leave some to be desired. It sounds like you may not have gotten one of our most recent shim kits, as our current kit includes 8, compared to the 4 you received. Next time you're working on that area of the bed, feel free to snap some shots to email our way.

Feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you're looking to get ahold of the current kit. Although if you've found a solution, we're sure you aren't looking to remove your bed rail caps anytime soon.

Hope this helps!

ā€” Luke from DiamondBack

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Have had my HD for 18 months now. Has been solid and looks great. Really want to put a rack on it and maybe the new underneath storage system, but man the idea of drilling into that thing scares the crap out of me.
@eaglerugby04 We hear you on this. The task can be daunting, but in most cases, the outcome is worth it. Our recommendation is to do your research. Set aside a day and some cold ones, and don't forget to measure twice, drill once!

There are plenty of resources out there depending on which rack system suits your needs. Chances are someone on here or around has been in your shoes and could share a thing or two. If you are looking into the Front Runner X DiamondBack Rack system, a channel on YouTube by the name of Garage Journal has a great video that explains the installation process here.

And of course, we're always here to lend a hand if need be.

ā€“ Luke from DiamondBack

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm interested in possibly purchasing an SD Diamondback cover in the near future. Do you guys offer any discounts to members of this forum?

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I'm interested in possibly purchasing an SD Diamondback cover in the near future. Do you guys offer any discounts to members of this forum?
Don't know if you are a Veteran or not, but if you are, they offer an incredible discount. You just have to go through the verify system.

If not, you could always peruse the blemished batch. Great deals there as well if a Gladiator top shows up.

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't know if you are a Veteran or not, but if you are, they offer an incredible discount. You just have to go through the verify system.

If not, you could always peruse the blemished batch. Great deals there as well if a Gladiator top shows up.
Thanks! I am a Vet. I will look into that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Hey @Pookie! While we're huge fans of our JGF family, we do not currently have any forum-specific promotions running. However, like @Rockabillyroy mentioned, in addition to our Outlet Store, we do proudly offer a 10% discount to any active/retired/reservist military personel.

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just bought the SE (now wish I had gotten the HD since I bought extra tie downs) and used the veteran discount. Very easy process and thankful for the savings! The page with the ā€˜secondsā€™ had several and until I knew about the veterans discount, was ready to buy from there. The ā€˜flawsā€™ are minor at most. Just my .02

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I just bought the SE (now wish I had gotten the HD since I bought extra tie downs) and used the veteran discount. Very easy process and thankful for the savings! The page with the ā€˜secondsā€™ had several and until I knew about the veterans discount, was ready to buy from there. The ā€˜flawsā€™ are minor at most. Just my .02
Firstly, @clubmanager, thank you for your service.

We greatly appreciate our military and the sacrifice that you, and others like you, have made. Due to this, we proudly offer our military discount as our only active discount. We're glad to hear you were able to utilize this discount and appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions or concerns, never hesitate to reach out, we're always happy to extend a helping hand when we can.

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping someone from Diamondback can answer this post. Does the cover fit better/more securely with a bedrail system or without one?
Sponsored