Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I figure it was because the government pressure to get all car makers to go with Electric Junk.
The government pressure is to reduce tailpipe emissions. Electric is one method of doing that. Electric vehicles are not 'junk' but do have other environmental costs that make their value questionable.
Sponsored

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
"Electric vehicles are not 'junk"​
Well, no offense but ya ain't gonna convince me. You see em broke down on the side of the road. You see peaople stranded with Honda min generators on the side of the road waiting hours to charge up enough to get to safety. You see them on wreckers . You see bill for repairs costing up to 25,000 dollars when the batteries take a crap. You see story after story of people having troubles with the new Ford trucks etc.. Do some actual research. The Jeep EV gets exactly 21 miles on electric. 21 miles I think that proves it was not made to be anything but a tailpipe cleaner. . If ya have one literally more power to ya. Good luck.​

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Well, no offense but ya ain't gonna convince me. You see em broke down on the side of the road. You see peaople stranded with Honda min generators on the side of the road waiting hours to charge up enough to get to safety. You see them on wreckers . You see bill for repairs costing up to 25,000 dollars when the batteries take a crap. You see story after story of people having troubles with the new Ford trucks etc.. Do some actual research. The Jeep EV gets exactly 21 miles on electric. 21 miles I think that proves it was not made to be anything but a tailpipe cleaner. . If ya have one literally more power to ya. Good luck.​
Err...the amount of wrong and ignorance here is just staggering lol.

I will say that the jeep is not an ev, it's a plugin hybrid. It's not supposed to have a big range it's supposed to get better mpg while providing significantly better performance all things it achieves by getting better city mpgs than a diesel with more torque and power.

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
The government pressure is to reduce tailpipe emissions. Electric is one method of doing that. Electric vehicles are not 'junk' but do have other environmental costs that make their value questionable.
IMO, people who purchase EV vehicles should be required to install solar in the home to charge said vehicle. Yeah I know, just makes to much common sense!

Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Yea but you see almost all of that with ICE vehicles too

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Well, this one is going off the rails too... lol. (re; that poor 4xe/EV tax credit discussion thread that started with so much promise)

Truths on internet Jeep forums:

1. Engine discussions, of any type, eventually lead to electrification discussion.

2. PHEV or EV talk seems to bring out the neckbeards and mouth breathers, unlike nearly anything other topics. It's like a reflexive, knee-jerk response too.

:LOL:

I'm glad the 4xe is an option on the Wrangler. I'm also thrilled the diesel is seemingly still available to order, for a bit longer. Get 'em while you can! We love ours.

Last edited:

billfraley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I don't want to dog on the Ecodiesel, I had a 2018 Ram ED. However, the failure rate scared me out of that truck. It's this lack of trust that would prevent me from buying another vehicle with that engine. I love the engine, I just don't trust it enough to take the gamble. Keep in mind that the Rams were also catching fire with this motor. The Jeep also has the 3rd gen ED and it is supposed to be less prone to failure.

Just about the only thing that would have me consider replacing my gladiator is when/if they offer a 4Xe version. I am not committing to that, but it would certainly peak my interest.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
My father purchased a '22 Ram with the 3rd gen ED last year and it's been great so far. Maybe 3rd time's the charm? (excepting the fuel pump of course :) )

We haven't had our '23 JTRD long enough to make any useful comments on reliability. But the performance aspect has been really nice.

I would also be very interested in, and would consider, a 4xe JT.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, people who purchase EV vehicles should be required to install solar in the home to charge said vehicle. Yeah I know, just makes to much common sense!
But the Solar doesn't work at night when I do my charging.

We do have one of the net-metering solar systems, installed back in 2015, about six months after I bought the electric car (Nissan Leaf lease return).

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
But the Solar doesn't work at night when I do my charging.

We do have one of the net-metering solar systems, installed back in 2015, about six months after I bought the electric car (Nissan Leaf lease return).
Batteries, MPPT and a few xtra panels problem solved! I plan on building a solar setup in the next few months.
Sponsored