Diesel no longer available to order!

WTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Occupation
Business owner
Just took delivery of my new Sting Grey Rubicon diesel this past Monday (LOVE it!). While talking with the GSM, I mentioned how I thought that Jeep would definitely be pulling the diesel from the Gladiator during MY2023. He said “they already have. We received notice that we can’t take any diesel orders for the Gladiator. Yours was the last order. We received an official notification from Jeep”. I didn’t think to ask when the notification was received. Makes me feel a little lucky that I ordered when I did (September).
Sponsored

Dakota Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Gladiator Willys 3.0 Eco Diesel
Occupation
Pro Snipe Hunter
Hopefully that means they’ll throw the new Hurricane engine in them sooner!

Love my 3.0, but I’ll take that Hurricane in a second.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Hopefully that means they’ll throw the new Hurricane engine in them sooner!

Love my 3.0, but I’ll take that Hurricane in a second.
No stick no sale. I'll take the slower engine to have the more engaging drive.

Sponsored

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
Last month my dealer said the same thing about no longer able to order the ecodiesel.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Someone mentioned that the sales was stopped because of the fuel pump recall.
I have been wondering if this was going to be a thing. About half of our dodge trucks (government rig) are 'broke' because fuel pumps have gone bad. 2015-2019 MY though... But there's only like 5 in the nation apparently, and tens of thousands of gov. rigs across the nation, still being paid for mind you, are sitting unused because of fuel pump issues...

Even a couple of our Chevy trucks have the same issue. Along with problems with their eval canisters. Thinking they must share the same pump somehow... Maybe a similar pump to the diesel?

it's crazy, and has me kinda on edge of the Gladiator pump - although I dont think there's been any gassers with consistent problems.

AkBooman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired
Just took delivery of my new Sting Grey Rubicon diesel this past Monday (LOVE it!). While talking with the GSM, I mentioned how I thought that Jeep would definitely be pulling the diesel from the Gladiator during MY2023. He said “they already have. We received notice that we can’t take any diesel orders for the Gladiator. Yours was the last order. We received an official notification from Jeep”. I didn’t think to ask when the notification was received. Makes me feel a little lucky that I ordered when I did (September).
I love my 21 Ecodiesel. Just received a recall letter about the high pressure fuel pump. They also said they don’t have any replacements. Hopefully you’re not in the north. The Def system hates cold weather.

OP
OP

WTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Occupation
Business owner
The MY23 units are well past the recall VIN range so time will tell. All I can do is use Hot Shots products or similar and not screw up the fuel filter purging procedure when the time comes to change the filter. There far more on the road without issues than sitting waiting on parts. A lot of these pump failures seem to be a result of either lack of care or incorrect servicing. Again, for me, time will tell.
I’m not too concerned about the DEF system and supposed cold weather issues. Haven’t heard much about that and being in NJ, winters aren’t too harsh (except Jan/Feb…).

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I read weeks ago or longer ago that the diesel was being pulled from RAM trucks - am I remembering that wrong/incorrectly?
Part of it may be due to some of the moves the EU is making recently.

There was an article in a long-time car magazine about diesels disappearing in light trucks just in general.
It wasn't connected to any brand, make or model, it was a general "this is going to happen and is happening and here's why" thing.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It is important for the life of your fuel system to use a (your favorite) diesel additive every tank. I use Amsoil. Lubricity has been greatly reduced in current diesel fuels. My 2020 JL EcoD just rolled 52K trouble-free miles and gets 28 mpg average on 315's without a gear change. It is under recall for high pressure injector pump. I am more than a little hesitant to let dealer change it since they can't seem to get an oil change done without some kind of problem. 😑

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Pulled for an EV replacement??? 🤯🤣😂

https://www.independentsentinel.com...ficient-ram-ecodiesel-for-ev-after-300m-fine/

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/features/last-ecodiesel-jeep-wrangler

Just….. wow…..

Glad we have one, might buy another before this news is more common….

The first article indicates another “dieselgate”- when was the software updated??? And does anyone know when the dealers started to implement the update? I’ll be damned if this ends up like VW…. 45-50 mpg and then a software update that dropped them to mid to upper 20’s.

jensjer

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM, Wrangler LJ
Occupation
PhotoAd
They should prolly get rid of manual too.. it's 2022 and tech has come a long way.
In a pickup truck it's unnecessary and proved by every other real truck manufacturer. Off roading it's unnecessary, as well as being a daily driver it's down right dumb with tech of new auto's.

The reliability issues I've seen in this forum with both manual and diesel options... it's taking engineers focus away from what the jeep gladiators should be... extremely durable, maintenance free and long lasting. When has there been more issues with manuals than autos... not ever! Except in the past 10 years.. But when Jeep decided try and give everyone, something... sh_t starts going t hell.

The ol 4.0 gave jeep so much street cred in the arena or reliability and longevity.. that all these these other options (which are redundant) are taking away from the roots of the brand. Maybe Stick in a JL makes sense in some respects.. can't find many,..but a pickup it's downright silly.

Unless they're gonna design this thing to tow 10k the options below would be better suited in this truck: Paddle shifters, the new straight six and/or a 392 makes way more sense in a gladiator.
Sponsored