First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link
What did you do with your factory parts after installing your lift. Mine are just taking up space but I don’t think anyone is looking for Sports S take offs. Scrap metal?
Sponsored

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I got $100 for mine. Guy just wanted the crate. LOL. Only thing they are good for would be a stock rebuild. Either from someone wanting to return to stock, or for an accident repair. I have a brand new set of 373 ring and pinion that are essentially paper weights. LOL.

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
did you reuse your stock spring cups/caps or whatever their called. the ones that sit ontop of the spring? If not i would take them off your hands.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
This touches on a bigger question since Jeep modifications are so popular. I haven't owned my Mojave even 2 months yet and I already have virtually brand new headlights, foglights, front bumper, plates, etc. just sitting around. Does anyone have a good idea for resale, ie. Craigslist, or do most of you just hang onto it?

Sponsored

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Not 100% sure how, but I'd like to fashion an ejector seat out of the stock springs laying in my garage. If you go for a ride with me, DO NOT push Aux 3!!!!!

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Years of owning Harleys gave me the mentality of sell to fund. Sell the stock parts for whatever you can get for them. That equates to less money you spent on the parts they replaced. I've sold stock parts for more money than I thought I would ever get for them. You just never know who might be looking for a stock headlight or turn signal lens. Getting a little money is better than parts taking up space in your garage or wasted being thrown away.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
What did you do with your factory parts after installing your lift. Mine are just taking up space but I don’t think anyone is looking for Sports S take offs. Scrap metal?
There is the Member Marketplace here, Craigslist, and Facebook for selling parts. I would try a For Sale posting before just scrapping them. The value varies with the parts, and the model they came off of. Take-offs from the Sport S Max Tow and the Rubicon usually have a higher value than other models, but you never know what someone is looking for.

OP
OP
GRDIESEL

GRDIESEL

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link
did you reuse your stock spring cups/caps or whatever their called. the ones that sit ontop of the spring? If not i would take them off your hands.
I did reuse the isolators.

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I have a collection of factory TJ, JK, and now a few JT parts on a shelf in my garage. Once in a while a fellow club member needs something and I give them away. I tried selling, but no luck.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Give it time - in a few years, or after these get to the point of bushings wearing out, things breaking, a certain amount of owner abuse, whatever - those parts will be worth something.
I can give examples of some crazy prices for NOS parts. How about $250 for a NOS (New Old Stock) lower control arm? Years ago worth maybe 30 bucks. I know people paying $175 for a single bushing. IT takes time, but eventually things wear or break and certain new parts - not all of them, maybe not even most, but some, will be worth something. I'm keeping my stuff as spares. Someone will bust a spring or bend a track bar (maybe even me)
But then I have the space to store stuff. Heck, while I could, I bought 2 NOS quarter panels (left and right), a NOS left fender and a perfect good rust-free, dent-free right fender for my SX4. They hang on the wall for "just in case". I have never seen any of those parts for sale anywhere since I bought those.
I am now to the point that if a fellow Eagle owner needs a fender - I can sell one dirt cheap or give them one. I may get to that point some day with my extra JT stuff - bumper, springs, shocks, whatever. Shocks wear - if an Overland owner wants shocks for their JT at some point, maybe to fix it up to sell - I'll have 'em and likely give them away.
Sponsored