Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
Thanks so much for posting. I actually built the carts today...but one question for you...one cart has the (2) 10" pieces on top...the other (in your diagram) shows it also gets (2) 10" pieces...but the cut sheet shows (3) 10" pieces and (1) 9" piece. Are they all supposed to be 10" pieces? Or which one gets the 9" piece?

Thanks!
So cool that you've built them. Good catch on that. So I might have shortened that piece to fit within the 8' 2x4. So one might be a little smaller or you could use it as the brace for the rear doors to lean against. The cut sheet has 4 total at 10" and then that one 9" piece.

Jeep Gladiator DIY Door, Freedom Panel and Roof Cart 1620053342464

OP
OP
-miko-

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
So cool that you've built them. Good catch on that. So I might have shortened that piece to fit within the 8' 2x4. So one might be a little smaller or you could use it as the brace for the rear doors to lean against. The cut sheet has 4 total at 10" and then that one 9" piece.

Jeep Gladiator DIY Door, Freedom Panel and Roof Cart 1620053342464
Thanks...I used screws so I can adjust that. Thanks again!

Sponsored

mcheath30

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put this together. I have all the wood cut to specs, but I find it very difficult to construct without final dimensions. Or even what pieces go where. I was REALLY looking forward to stripping ol' Gladys now that summer is here, but I need this cart first. Can someone PLEASE help me?!

OP
OP
-miko-

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put this together. I have all the wood cut to specs, but I find it very difficult to construct without final dimensions. Or even what pieces go where. I was REALLY looking forward to stripping ol' Gladys now that summer is here, but I need this cart first. Can someone PLEASE help me?!
Hey Mike. i can try and help by numbering the pieces in the cut sheet to the design and photos. Give me a few days to pull that together.

mcheath30

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I was actually able to figure things out. I decided pretty early the the 22" pieces were the cross pieces for the bases, so I built the base for the smaller (rear door) cart. I then realized the frames for both carts were the same width and that helped me figure out the dimensions for the rest of it. After that it was just process of elimination: if this side is this long, then that board has to go here and then that board goes there. I got so wrapped up in building and then excited about stripping the ol' gal and taking her for a spin I forgot to update my post. However, I would recommend you still post dimensions or maybe label the pieces so others don't get as aggravated as I did.

Overall, though, great plans. It's sturdy and worked great. Thanks for doing all the legwork for the rest of us.

OP
OP
-miko-

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
I was actually able to figure things out. I decided pretty early the the 22" pieces were the cross pieces for the bases, so I built the base for the smaller (rear door) cart. I then realized the frames for both carts were the same width and that helped me figure out the dimensions for the rest of it. After that it was just process of elimination: if this side is this long, then that board has to go here and then that board goes there. I got so wrapped up in building and then excited about stripping the ol' gal and taking her for a spin I forgot to update my post. However, I would recommend you still post dimensions or maybe label the pieces so others don't get as aggravated as I did.

Overall, though, great plans. It's sturdy and worked great. Thanks for doing all the legwork for the rest of us.
Glad you got it worked out. I'll definitely see what can make it a bit more clear. Sorry for the aggravation!

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
I gotta find someone with the tools, time, and know-how to build this for me!

Sponsored

off2cjb

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Landscape Photographer / Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
And here's the 'as built' plans if others want to give them a try. I'd love to see how other folks evolve and improve the ideas.

EDIT: See the later post for the file with dimensions!
Thanks. This is option #2 but a more permanent one for sure

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta find someone with the tools, time, and know-how to build this for me!
Come to my shop. If you clear off my work bench upstairs and put things away, you are welcome to use the table saw, miter saw, radial arm saw, planer, drill press, router table and/or routers, whatever. Before you say yes, you should ask to see my wood shop work bench.
But if you are game......... come on over.
Sponsored