Do rear springs index like the front?

scoobycarolanNC

First Name
Scooby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mohave
I’m installing an EVOMfg lift and I got my backend tore apart and it started to rain. Tomorrow I’ll pull the springs and replace them. I can’t find anywhere if the rear stings have to be indexed on a perch like the front ones? Or do you just cram them in there?
Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It is a bitch to get the spring/isolator lined up and in place. I had to use a zip tie to keep the isolator in place.

Sponsored

OP
OP
scoobycarolanNC

scoobycarolanNC

First Name
Scooby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mohave
Yeah wow it was a pain in the ass! I used painters tape to hold it on. Thanks everyone!

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Interesting. I have not experienced any issues with lining it up. I just stick the isolator on top of the springs and then lift up the axle with a jack. Once it's close, I twist them until they are lined up, and then give it another bump with the jack and its good to go.

Hopefully that helps :)

mgw750

First Name
Mke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Machinist
I marked the isolator and frame it sits on. When installing new spring just line it up as you get the spring up there, the dimple will go right in.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
This all day. The isolator and angled and if you do not index correctly, your springs will bow like this photo and make an awful racket.

It is a bitch to get the spring/isolator lined up and in place. I had to use a zip tie to keep the isolator in place.
IMG_1342.jpg

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I just line up spring end with the indentations of the factory isolator and just make sure the top nibs find their holes when going up. It is a slow and steady wins the race situation in getting everything up and aligned.

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the isolators, cleaned the top of each and the steel where they rest against and used a decent dose of 3M 08001 super weatherstrip adhesive on top of each to hold them in place. I dare them to fall out now. Once it sets, you have to destroy weatherstripping to get it loose from that stuff.
Sponsored