Sponsored

Do steering issues happen immediately or gradually / later?

Bodie

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Sport 2020
Occupation
Millworker
Hi there, I just bought a new Glad 2020 and haven't experienced the steering wheel problem. I have just shy of 1000 miles on it and was wondering if I have to worry about it. Does it come on gradually or show up right away. Thank you
Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Hi there, I just bought a new Glad 2020 and haven't experienced the steering wheel problem. I have just shy of 1000 miles on it and was wondering if I have to worry about it. Does it come on gradually or show up right away. Thank you
Either way, why not push to get the new part? I would try just for peace of mind.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
My looseness developed over time, I'd say I noticed it about 2.5-3k... about 7k now and towing a fully loaded trailer across country was exhausting with all the wandering.

MauiBum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed it by 300 miles. Wife refuses to drive it because of the steering. I might have been spoiled by my previous cars but the way it sounds it will only get worse so I asked to have it fixed. Parts are on order. Now it is just a waiting game for them to arrive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bodie

Bodie

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Sport 2020
Occupation
Millworker
So no problems but I will ask dealership about it. Is there a certain part number to look for to see if it's the bad one?

MauiBum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the old part, rotated so it is easy to read but this is really upside down. But, if you have a 2020 then you should have the one that seems to have known issues.

Jeep Gladiator Do steering issues happen immediately or gradually / later? 1600710483304

OP
OP
Bodie

Bodie

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Sport 2020
Occupation
Millworker
Here is the old part, rotated so it is easy to read but this is really upside down. But, if you have a 2020 then you should have the one that seems to have known issues.

Jeep Gladiator Do steering issues happen immediately or gradually / later? 1600710483304
Thank you

OP
OP
Bodie

Bodie

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Sport 2020
Occupation
Millworker
I found it. Doesn't appear to be the bad one. Whew. Thanks for your help!

Jeep Gladiator Do steering issues happen immediately or gradually / later? 20200921_162140

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I found it. Doesn't appear to be the bad one. Whew. Thanks for your help!

Jeep Gladiator Do steering issues happen immediately or gradually / later? 20200921_162140

That IS the part that is of questionable heritage. But that doesn't automatically make it bad.
Several people, myself included, have had ZERO issues. Not saying there isn't a problem, but not all of them have the problem.

No need to sweat it. If it starts to exhibit the symptoms, there is already a TSB in place to take care of the problem.

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
That IS the part that is of questionable heritage. But that doesn't automatically make it bad.
Several people, myself included, have had ZERO issues. Not saying there isn't a problem, but not all of them have the problem.

No need to sweat it. If it starts to exhibit the symptoms, there is already a TSB in place to take care of the problem.
Exactly this. Mine hasnt exhibited any bad manners yet either. I will drive it till it does. No need to rush in demanding a fix before the problem exists and while others with the problem currently need the parts. Now that there's a TSB on it, you and I can go in at any time and ask for the repair. The TSB actually says if the customer asks the repair or describes the sloppy handling, to do the replacement. Its not a dealers option or negotiable. Although I have no doubt some will need to be beat about the head and neck to read the TSB and do as they are being told by Momma FCA.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I knew immediately after the first long straight drive. It gets more annoying when you almost sideswipe cars in the next lane or get pulled over for dwi check. The new one is amazing and changed the entire drive for me. Mine must have been real bad.

OP
OP
Bodie

Bodie

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Sport 2020
Occupation
Millworker

Thanks for your help everybody. I'll keep an eye on it. You all ROCK.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Just make sure you "bring it in for a steering problem" before your 3/36 warranty expires.
Sponsored