Do you know who to set the default dashboard display, I think I did by accident

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I’m not exactly sure what this is called by I am talking about the center display that’s between the tach and speedometer. I believe there are 8 or 9 displays you can cycle through. I’ve been having a start stop issue and so I had by monitoring my battery voltage and on that screen a lot. Usually I leave the radio screen on. I’m not sure but I thought the jeep started on whatever I left it on but I honestly don’t remember. Now however it seems to start on voltage even though I am switch to different screens shutting it off on a different screen. I have 2 questions: 1) What is the jeeps standard behavior on this screen ie display the last shown or is there a particular screen it always starts on 2) Can this behavior be changed?
Thanks
Chris
Sponsored

OP
OP

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

OP
OP

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
In the above video you can see when I started the jeep this morning the dashboard was displaying voltage. That isn't the screen I shut it off on last night. The strange thing is if I shut off the jeep but turn it right back on it starts on the screen it shut off on. It's like the jeep is trying to tell me to look at voltage. I have done the aux bat bypass. I wonder if it's because of that.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Both of mine always came back up where I left them, regardless of how long they sat, unless there was an error condition. I occasionally scroll through and look at other things, but I use the digital speedometer as the primary display. The compass, clock, and outdoor temperature are on the top line.

Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
That is tough one since you mentioned the Start/Stop issue. My first inclination is to say you got a cluster issue that probably would require replacement but I still would not rule out the start/stop causing it to default to that voltage gauge for some reason.

Logic tells me the start/stop issue should get sorted first and then deal with the cluster issue if still there. Looking at your odometer mileage, looks like you do not have much 3/36K bumper to bumper warranty left either.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
In the above video you can see when I started the jeep this morning the dashboard was displaying voltage. That isn't the screen I shut it off on last night. The strange thing is if I shut off the jeep but turn it right back on it starts on the screen it shut off on. It's like the jeep is trying to tell me to look at voltage. I have done the aux bat bypass. I wonder if it's because of that.
If you're still under warranty, take it to the dealership.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
How old are the batteries in it?

How did you do the Aux battery bypass, and how long ago?

If it's still under warranty, you will need to undo the bypass before taking it to the dealer. Since it is an electrical related issue, they would say you caused it doing the bypass.

It may be that the Main battery just needs replaced.

OP
OP

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I pulled the f42 fuse an disconnected the negative bat lead from the aux battery. The main battery is less than a year old and I just charged it overnight. I think it is probably the aux battery bypass. I’m going to revert back later this week and see if it stops defaulting to the voltage screen.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Mine has been bypassed over a year and it always starts on the screen that I left it on.
It's not the bypass, but if you're taking it in for a warranty check, I strongly recommend putting it back to factory setup before letting them see it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the f42 fuse an disconnected the negative bat lead from the aux battery. The main battery is less than a year old and I just charged it overnight. I think it is probably the aux battery bypass. I’m going to revert back later this week and see if it stops defaulting to the voltage screen.
It's not the bypass. It's still powered just like it was before.
You likely have a cluster problem.

As far as the main battery being less than a year old - that really proves and means nothing. Even a new battery can be, or go, bad.
Did you check the voltage AT the battery after charging it?
And are you charging it through the IBS (intelligent battery sensor) and not directly on the negative battery post?
Sponsored