Sponsored

Does anyone have trouble steering with 37s?

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I watched this video yesterday that jk gear and gadgets put up and I was shocked at how difficult it looked for them to turn their steering wheel. Has anyone else experienced this after having 37s?

Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t want to speculate on a YT’ers product review motives, but I’m skeptical. Maybe those wider tires and more offset wheels make it harder than my setup. I’m on 37x11.5, so not as wide as most, and only 1.5” wheel spacers on standard width axles, so less scrub radius. So far off-roading in Moab and Colorado, I’ve had zero steering issues. I like a heavier weighted steering feel and don’t want to over boost. I’m afraid if I increase the steering boost it’ll just make it easier to break something. Also, I try not to provide steering input until the tires are turning which makes it easier to turn the wheel. Just my $.02 based on my experience. I’m sure someone else has a different perspective or more knowledge.

OffRoadHippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Gobi
Occupation
Wanderlust
No issues for me…37x12.50r17s on stock Max Tow. I do have the upgraded Steering TSB done. It’s noticeably different than my 35 setup but not difficult at all.

SWFLGladiator

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’m good. No issues with 12k on the clock. Running 37x12.50r17 Ridge Grapplers (NO steering TSB performed).
229B51FF-D76E-483E-A556-3FD95E21F63A.jpeg
9C63E56B-9A0A-470E-843C-8284DA72D3A3.jpeg

SlotMachineJT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport Diesel
Occupation
Security
Zero issues with 37s. I am running 37x11.5x18 and have felt no hesitation from steering.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I don’t want to speculate on a YT’ers product review motives, but I’m skeptical. Maybe those wider tires and more offset wheels make it harder than my setup. I’m on 37x11.5, so not as wide as most, and only 1.5” wheel spacers on standard width axles, so less scrub radius. So far off-roading in Moab and Colorado, I’ve had zero steering issues. I like a heavier weighted steering feel and don’t want to over boost. I’m afraid if I increase the steering boost it’ll just make it easier to break something. Also, I try not to provide steering input until the tires are turning which makes it easier to turn the wheel. Just my $.02 based on my experience. I’m sure someone else has a different perspective or more knowledge.
I feel yah jk g and g, and story till now were really the only youtubers I trusted but now I wonder if Jk g and g are starting to push more and more on you. Just thought that vid was weird cuz as much as I follow the forums I have never seen anything like that.

Odubi

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
I have issues when not moving with milestar MT 37x12.5. It’s not terrible and only when not moving.
Sponsored