Does this count as performance?

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Came across this as a security device for the cats. Has anyone used or heard anything about it? Not sure if it would end up making rattling noises at some point.

https://catclamp.com/shop/
Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Gotcha. My last attorney I had to hire for a fairly straightforward real estate transaction gone bad, was a $5k retainer and things went ok, but that $5k was gone in no time and it ended up costing me more than that. Sucked too because I didn’t get it back, it just kept me from losing money from a shady individual. In the end, I would have came out about the same and there would have been a whole lot less stress if I’d accepted it and walked away, but I did it out of general principle.

So I get it, just trying to offer a friendly word of caution.
I'm getting a VERY reasonable rate. Although, I'm definitely loosing money in the end, even if I win. I knew that going in.

I've testified many times in (Superior) Courts before. But, since they are bringing in their corporate lawyer, I wanted to level the playing field.

Unfortunately, I cannot divulge too much of the case right now. But, I'd truly be shocked if I loss. Of course, you never know what a small claims judge will do. Either way, I will have proved my point of what type of dealership they are.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
This is factually wrong. It's always covered in a dealers/mechanics/Shops liability insurance due to you leaving your vehicle in their care, control and custody.

Just because something is written down on paper does not mean it is legally binding.
Well maybe in America.
Not here in Canada, ask me how I know.
Would Walmart pay for your cat if it was stolen while shopping?
Home Depot?
When on the dealers lot here in Canada, it’s just parked in an unsecured parking lot.
Now if it was a secured lot or inside their building, yes dealers responsibility.
For the OPs sake I hope your laws help him out and the dealer pays,
Cat Convertors are expensive.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Came across this as a security device for the cats. Has anyone used or heard anything about it? Not sure if it would end up making rattling noises at some point.

https://catclamp.com/shop/
Here in our little city they are trying something new, engraving the VIN on them for free. Easily ground off, but when the LEOs happen across someone in possession of “suspected” stolen property, if it’s ground off or still there, I guess it makes it easier to charge the theft ring.

OP
OP
ArmyMP

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
Well maybe in America.
Not here in Canada, ask me how I know.
Would Walmart pay for your cat if it was stolen while shopping?
Home Depot?
When on the dealers lot here in Canada, it’s just parked in ausecured parking lot.
Now if it was a secured lot or inside their building, yes dealers responsibility.
For the OPs sake I hope your laws help him out and the dealer pays,
Cat Convertors are expensive.

Walmart and all of the above do not have care, control and custody of your vehicle. You did not surrender possession to them.

But yes the dealer says it will all be replaced at "some point"... ugh cats are back ordered. I'll probably get my jeep back in time for the diesel suspension TSB.

I'm just hoping the dealer does something to make up for it the drama. My jeep is in for a new PCM due to bad flash by the dealer.

Sponsored

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry for your loss, but you'll most likely have to make an insurance claim. Dealers "should" cover your car while it's on their lot, but they won't, covered in the fine print as stated above. Any other "cats" stolen from dealer vehicles? Again, it sux, but I'd call my insurance agent sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
ArmyMP

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Veteran
Sorry for your loss, but you'll most likely have to make an insurance claim. Dealers "should" cover your car while it's on their lot, but they won't, covered in the fine print as stated above. Any other "cats" stolen from dealer vehicles? Again, it sux, but I'd call my insurance agent sooner rather than later.
Read above dealer is replacing it all.

And "fine print" doesn't mean dick if it isn't legal.

The operative words are care, custody and control. If a dealership meets all those they a financially responsible and liable for anything that happens to your vehicle.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!

The operative words are care, custody and control. If a dealership meets all those they a financially responsible and liable for anything that happens to your vehicle.
Congrats, and thanks to Jeep (yep, each dealership represents JEEP)...if a dealership is C.R.A.P....then JEEP is the same...make sure your dealerships maintain high standards, JEEP!

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Congrats, and thanks to Jeep (yep, each dealership represents JEEP)...if a dealership is C.R.A.P....then JEEP is the same...make sure your dealerships maintain high standards, JEEP!
That's what those surveys are for after you get service. The dealerships all take this super seriously.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator

Another one of the many differences between the USA and Canada.

Sponsored

Suszynch

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt rubicon diesel
Occupation
Chef
You'd think they would be stealing cats from Prius's and not those pesky 'dirty diesels".
:mad:

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
There's 2 cats. A front and a mid
I just checked my 2020 JTLE Rubicon with the 3.6 and it only has two cats located one each coming straight off the exhaust manifolds. There is no intermediate cat as such. There is no conceivable way they could be stolen without removing the exhaust at the header. There is NO access otherwise. The pic shown is definitely not the same as mine. I would be curious to know what model Gladiator this is. On another note, since the theft took place while the vehicle was under the dealers care they should be responsible for its security and any damage that may result.

Reactions: Mac

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I just checked my 2020 JTLE Rubicon with the 3.6 and it only has two cats located one each coming straight off the exhaust manifolds. There is no intermediate cat as such. There is no conceivable way they could be stolen without removing the exhaust at the header. There is NO access otherwise. The pic shown is definitely not the same as mine. I would be curious to know what model Gladiator this is. On another note, since the theft took place while the vehicle was under the dealers care they should be responsible for its security and any damage that may result.
Believe the pics are of a diesel.

OP
OP
ArmyMP

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Veteran
Below is correct I have a 2021 Diesel

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
What a freaking mess. Makes me wan to put a lowering kit on my JT with how many of these cats are being stolen every day. My in-laws had two cars with stolen cats in the same day. Some dude in a pickup truck pulled up, did the deed and 15 minutes later came back for the second vehicle.

As is life, sucks but we can count our blessings. Sorry for the struggle OP.
Sponsored